1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

An update on the future of the Sequencer - Part 2

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Charles @ NI, Dec 23, 2016.

1. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Try the link again , that's what I did after I was accepted, it then took me to thbe next stage

• Like Like x 1
  2. rbrucemtl

rbrucemtl NI Product Owner

I can use the link to access centercode each time I click it but I have no profile or dashboard and logging out and back in takes me back to a state from before I was invited.

3. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Ok , I logged out and in and it also took me to the thanks for applying page , but I got back in by clicking the email link which logged me straight in

4. rbrucemtl

rbrucemtl NI Product Owner

Can you click home and see your dashboard page and beta profile? I can't, and I can't click My Preferences ether. Let wait for Charles to help :)

5. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Yes I can , I'm using a iPad btw .

6. KungFuDaz

KungFuDaz NI Product Owner

Thanks

I finally got in ..
    Think centercode is a bit unpredictable ... took a few attempts to finally get set up and download a release.

All set now though :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. raf_deluz

raf_deluz New Member

Looking forward on what's to come.

I also signed up for beta testing with no centercode confirmation yet

username: raf_deluz

8. innervoice

innervoice New Member

Hey @Charles @ NI !
    I'd love to be part of the beta. Signed up a while back but hadn't heard back. username: innervoice

Cheers!

9. roboto

roboto NI Product Owner

Centercode username: robotmachine
    Thanks!

10. mezzurias

mezzurias NI Product Owner

But that's assuming you are mixing the tracks yourself, which I don't recommend unless you know what you are doing. If you are going to have a pro mix your tracks, it's protools or bust, especially in the US. In EU I think Cubendo is the DAW of choice. I would never mix in Maschine only anyway unless Maschine happened to get pro level DAW like features like ProTools or S1 to make that viable. I would never mix in Ableton, but that's my choice. Some don't mind the simplistic workflow and lack of features tailored for mixing. ProTools as frustrating as Digidesign is as a company is still the DAW of choice for mixing and tracking in studios.

Anyway this is OT

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. sam_saw

sam_saw NI Product Owner

Thanks for the laugh mate, funniest **** i've heard all week

• Like Like x 1
  12. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk NI Product Owner

I signed up for centercode, but I am more of a gentleman DJ. Well, ok, actuallynot I'm a flamenco guitarist, but interested in seeing what the future is, since I'm 76 now and don't have an awful much of it left. But I do love experimenting around (and making backing tracks) when I can get the courage to stop practicing runs on the guitar (Push 2 is SO much easier, especially than Flamenco).

So I put all this in my app, and I'll get back occasionally if I get in.... :)

• Like Like x 3
  13. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Congrats! You just got post of the year, and not a day too late!

14. muitosabao

muitosabao NI Product Owner

Hi. Previously applied to beta testing but never got an answer. Please include me. Name: muitosabao

Thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

15. Coorec

Coorec NI Product Owner

I like the direction this is headed.
    I like that customers will be involved in the testing and hope their remarks are taken seriously.
    I dont like that it needed an accidental leakage to get NI talking again.

Are there audio tracks yet? If not, you might be able to finish tracks and beats, but not songs.

16. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

MASCHINE doesn't have audio tracks (in the sense of a traditional DAW) yet, but I disagree that this means you can't finish songs. It's just a different workflow. But hopefully that different workflow will be significantly improved in the not-so-distant future to make it more clearly easy to make full tracks in MASCHINE.

17. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Right now you really need to pick up a DAW if you are serious about song writing imho. Even after song mode is released. Maschine isn't a tool I would do vocals, record instruments or mix with. But of course the choice is yours, it's not impossible.

18. mezzurias

How so?

19. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I'm glad you asked. I read through your post several times and couldn't really get the funny side... Closest I got was that it was read as a dig at me not knowing what I'm on about, funny to consider MASCHINE getting pro-level features, or perceived as funny to proliferate the Pro Tools or don't bother idea. I don't know though. :confused:

20. mezzurias

It wasn't a dig at you. Personally for me I don't use protools and I agree that if you are mixing on your own then use whatever you want, Maschine, Ableton whatever. However, here in NYC, if I'm taking my track to a studio for mixing they are going to mix in ProTools, there is no if and or buts about it. They all have ProTools HD systems, usually an old school Mac Pro (the tower), a mixing desk, either a protools mixing desk or a full out console like an SSL, routed into an Protools HD interface. I've never once seen anyone use Ableton, or Logic for mixing. I saw of Studio One maybe once in a studio, but all the tracking was done with ProTools. it's just the way it is. Maybe that's changing as people start to use their own machines for mixing.