And........discuss...!!

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by BNP, Jan 3, 2019.

1. BNP

BNP New Member

2. motionscreen

motionscreen NI Product Owner

It´s probably the next generation of MPC standalone - not ableton (what I would have preferred)

3. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

Akai uses APC to indicate that it is specifically an Ableton device. At least that's what I think.

René

4. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

That thing is too ugly to be real :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Wrong the quick start guide already states its mpc software included

6. SupremeSoulstice

SupremeSoulstice NI Product Owner

Does that mean it can’t control Ableton? Or is it specifically MPC software only? I didn’t see that in the manual.

7. Tarekith

Tarekith NI Product Owner

It might have generic functions to control Live, but Ableton has nothing to do with this.

8. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Most of the products from InMusic Brands include a copy of Ableton Lite, and APC stands for Ableton Performance Controller.
    Edit: Well I wouldn't say most, because they have a lot of music brands, but at least the music producing products.

9. Tarekith

My point is that it's entirely an Akai product, Ableton did not have a hand in developing this. If people are expecting Live in a hardware box, they are going to be disappointed.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

That may be standalone. How come Ni doesn't have a standalone by now?

11. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

Think if you dig a little deeper, you will now find it now stands for Akai Performance Controller, this may work as a controller within Ableton, but standalone it will be running mpc software, certainly not Ableton Live.

This new controller will be used for the upcoming enhancements to MPC clip launch updates.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Crazy Lou

Crazy Lou NI Product Owner

These are the original APCs.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

And you know all of this how? It's not every day one company gets to slap another companies name on products, and then start to sell them, without a nod let alone without a licencing agreement to that company.
    Any agreement may have came with a handshake, so I do believe it depends on how you want to look at it. Some people think that it might have MPC software like their other hardware, but I would agree that it probably doesn't include it but it's possible.
    As I've stated they obviously have some type of agreement with them because they ship their DAW with their hardware. So it wouldn't be that far-fetched including Ableton in the hardware. Yes, highly unlikely and I'm not even trying to argue, but just pointing some things out.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

And I downgrade it to just unlikely, because it we can assume it's standalone, then they're not going to want to compete with the Live and X, so it very well may be something they can still cash in on, and still have it sync up nicely with their other hardware. What you call a win/win situation.

Edit: I'm now at No Comment. The MPC can be ran as a VST and Ableton cannot, so it would make more sense to build a piece of hardware with ableton in it because it's more of a mature DAW than MPC. That's one of the things you can tell about the MPC software is that it's built around the hardware and not a modern DAW.
    Just stand back for a minute and look at the big picture. Akai already makes hardware that controls Ableton. Ableton has Max for Live and a wide range of other support, so again at some point it's probably going to happen, because including that in a box will give you many options beyond what's in it.
    It only starts to make more and more sense to me. hahaha

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  15. Goon

Goon NI Product Owner

This is for MPC not Ableton software. It is simply what looks like standalone -clip launching performance controller for live performance as opposed to the MPC Studio and MPC Live which are more suited to the music writing studio based role.

16. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

Oh yeah, I think I do remember something about that. I believe you right!

17. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

And this makes the most sense, and I really thought I was on to something. Thanks for correcting me on it!

18. Tarekith

Because I work for Ableton ;)

19. Slappz

Slappz NI Product Owner

I kind of thought the same thing at first, but then again gives NI a personal chance to be able to hear what their customers feel about the competition. It keeps them from having to scour the Internet and makes it more convenient to find feedback such as yours. You don't even want ... well I was going to say it was like taking a dagger to NI and twisting it, but that was a just little bit too dramatic, you know what I mean?
    It's just information and not hate speech.

• Like Like x 2
  20. omegatron

omegatron NI Product Owner

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1