And So It Begins...

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by theinvis, Jan 20, 2016.

1. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

listen u mule; peeps would gladly pay the extra £50 quid for a screen and more sample memory; its almost 2017 the limits should be well surpassed

what evidence do u have that the circuit was just a test run? I think none, but I agree it wont cos them much to add waveform editing; someone tell mule this

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

3. theinvis

4. muleskinner

muleskinner Forum Member

Mine's on order...

5. theinvis

excited for you man, please report back and let us know what you think, I had to hold off on this first pass because the dev is a nice guy and obviously talented but he doesn't want to say anything about his roadmap and you know there has been enough of that kind of thing going around... It's a new company, a new dev, and a new beat machine with very limited sample editing at this point... I just want to know what he plans to implement in the sampling area, it's already got the feature of spreading the sample out across the grid, but you can't play individual slices after doing this etc.... stuff like that is troubling especially when the majority of grid work that he's certainly familiar with is heavy on the sample slicing features.... He also told me that we wouldn't be able to do quintuplets on the 1.0 and that he'd consider it but anyways so much of it look really wonderful, looking forward to hearing how you get on with it.

6. muleskinner

muleskinner Forum Member

Yeah, it's a bit of a gamble for me. I can see the reasons for holding back. The guy (Rohan) seems really committed though and it already has so many great features.

I'm primarily after it for the sequencer (which seems incredibly well thought through) and also as a device for sketching out musical ideas away from my studio which, again, it looks as if it will be perfect for. The one thing it doesn't do that I really want it to is MIDI CC sequencing so I'm taking a punt on that being added - he's said it's the #1 request and it seems very likely it will be. Of course there's other things I want it to do as well but I'll be pretty bummed out if they don't add that.

I suspect more sampling features will be added as most people in the user group seem very keen on that aspect.

7. theinvis

i hope so. I feel like this one is in my future but it bums me out that the dev is a nice guy but those missing features don't seem important to him, leaving out the midi cc for something like this I just don't know it makes me wonder. If he'd only reveal a roadmap, it's not like he has to answer to anyone but himself

8. muleskinner

muleskinner Forum Member

Yeah the midi cc is a curious omission, especially when the CV seems so well implemented.

I'd disagree that it doesn't seem important to him as he's always stressing his commitment to updating the fw. And I can kind of see his reasons for not promising anything too - he'd have to answer to everyone he's just sold to which must be over £100k's worth of liability - that's a lot of responsibility for one guy and a very small team.

Only time will tell though...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats Guest

its still beginning.

10. theinvis

:) the beginning travels in a circle

11. theinvis

• Like Like x 1
  12. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

flux is a scientist

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

14. muleskinner

muleskinner Forum Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bertotti

Bertotti NI Product Owner

I have posted elsewhere I thought the look was kind of sterile but it is growing on me. I can't wait to hear it, to bad my money is all tied up on bills. For now I will keep on with the minilogue. This is however exactly what I had hoped the Sub 37 would be, all the CV!

16. muleskinner

muleskinner Forum Member

Yup. Only slightly annoying thing about the original was the lack of CV out.

Sadly (well, not really) I have the original Sub37. I probably would trade up if I could do a simple swap+cash but I'm not going to be going through the aggro of selling. This is one awesome synth though. I absolutely love Moog gear, despite the hefty price tag. It's worth it. Just been playing with my Mother-32 this morning. I'm quite tempted to get a Minitaur as well!

17. theinvis

• Like Like x 2