Announcement to Kore users

Discussion in 'KORE' started by Keir @ NI, Jul 6, 2011.

1. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

I decide that too, Niels. Then I change my mind again. ;)

2. onesimusdnb

onesimusdnb New Member

God bless you Kore, my DnB wouldn't be the same without it!

I still after 2 years can't believe that NI has not put out a Komplete Kore pack with all the Kore sound packs! They are losing money and we are losing patience! NI please help ! **If anyone has Sonic Fiction and wants to sell it please get a hold of me! onesimusdnb at yahoo dot com

3. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

The anger lives on. It's just a shame that comparatively few people 'got' Kore. Those that did, don't want to be without it. Those that don't, just need educating ;) Which is the real reason that it failed. ad documentation and bad advertising. Then a couple of DJs taking over NI and, themselves, not 'getting' it.

I don't think NI allow the resale of Soundpacks. I'm not 100% sure. Someone will chime in and let you know. I'm away from my studio so can't tell you if I have it (I'm old - memory is failing: I can't even remember what..... what was I saying?)

4. Colin_goz211

Colin_goz211 NI Product Owner

I didn't know that - but it explains a lot.

I also understand the commercial difficulty - Maschine will enable you to knock up songs very quickly using pattern composition.

Kore was a live tool for me - even when recording - I'd set it up and morph and tweak live - in the live room, not at the desk.

These days the work I'm getting is nearly all piano playing. One of the engineers told me "no one plays anything anymore - when we call you it's because we need a player that'll set up and knock something out right then."

That's not true about no one playing any more - people still play drums and guitars and schools run orchestras but when I him asked who does their electro stuff now -

"anyone and his dog. Import a few loops into Ableton and mess about with the filters ... done."

NI used to understand that all synths don't have to sound like "Jump" and all loops don't have to be "4 to the floor."

5. BIF

BIF NI Product Owner

Anyone and his dog, lol!

Well, they do play poker!

6. t4ngent

t4ngent New Member

Same story here. I went back and forth over Maschine many times before I came across a good deal on one on ebay a few months ago and decided to go for it. I ended up selling it about a month later though as it just wasn't useful to me, given that I'm not a beatmaker and I already have Ableton Live+novation launchpad+zero SL mk2 which can do everything Maschine can do and then some. Maschine does have a pretty nice interface and good hardware/software integration but ultimately it lacks flexibility and just didn't fit into my workflow.

Still use Kore every day, don't see that changing any time soon. The only good thing to come of Kore being discontinued is that I've picked up two spare Kore controllers on ebay both for less than $50.

Other than the Maschine which I sold, haven't bought any other NI products since Kore was discontinued, don't see that changing any time soon either. Maybe if they ever release Reaktor 6 or Guitar Rig 6 with compelling new features it will convince me to buy a Komplete upgrade, maybe..

Oh well, Komplete 2-6 was a great ride..

7. Ronny Bangsund

Ronny Bangsund NI Product Owner

I'm not entirely as angry about it all (and I'm the first to yell at people when things go slightly wrong ;), and will consider Komplete upgrades eventually. But NI hardware doesn't seem to have long lifespans.

I can count the number of times I've seriously considered it, but I think I'm going to get Ableton's Push instead. It combines the features of several[1] pieces of hardware, freeing up ports and space on my desk. Yeah, it'll be geared towards one specific DAW, mostly, but I do many different things. Cheaper than NI's hardware, too.

[1]Launchpad, MPD, ZeRO SL MkII, potentially more. Hopefully it could be coerced to fill some plugin preset browsing functionality too.

There are things outside the samples mainly which make me interested in K9 (non-Ultimate), but I think I'll hold off until 10. It looks like some of the previous Ultimate version trickles down to the next cheap version, and they HAVE made the upgrade cheaper. Not sure if it's a lasting price, but it's a mere pittance for a very nice collection of software right now, even for people who bought 8.

Oh, and Kymeia for emperor?

8. t4ngent

t4ngent New Member

Good call, I forgot to mention Ableton Push. It definitely looks awesome and is on my list of things to buy.

Push looks like a Maschine killer (and launchpad, MPD, monome, etc), although its complexity in comparison may be a barrier to entry for some of the beatmaking crowd that Maschine is targeted at.

I highly recommend the Zero SL controller though, the novation automap software makes it very easy to use as an addon to supplement any other controller with additional knobs and faders. I use it alongside Kore and they work very well together, especially when hosting multiple instances of Kore in a DAW. No doubt it will pair equally well with Push, more knobs/faders are always welcome =)

9. Ronny Bangsund

Ronny Bangsund NI Product Owner

Yeah, it's very tempting to get that ZeRO. Got more computer upgrades and software upgrades before I can even look at more gear, though :/

10. SpyX

SpyX New Member

KORE Rules o.k.

11. putte

putte NI Product Owner

No Kore 2 Player in Logic Pro X

Hi there.

I read that the Kore 2 Player is available in 64-bit, so I just installed it all again.
    Unfortunately it´s not appearing within Logic Pro X.

What can I do?

Cheers,
    putte

12. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

Do the other NI plugins appear in X?

13. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

After a lot of reading about it here on the forums, I'm very curious about Kore. I'd like to try out the Kore Player before looking to get a second hand Kore 2 model and was wondering if anyone had a spare license they could p.m. me? N.I. doesn't mail them out any more (as you know). Or is buying a used model the only way?
    Thanks!

14. chrys

chrys NI Product Owner

15. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

Thanks for your reply...Agreed...that's where I got the link to download...but it still only works in Demo mode unless you activate it in the Service Center with a serial number. N.I. still has the page set up to provide serial numbers here: http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=getkoreplayerserial but you get an message saying it's no longer supported when you enter your info. So they give you the player but not the serial number.

16. chrys

chrys NI Product Owner

If you email support they should be able to provide you with a serial, if not... Hard to say. Kore is really best served when you have the soundpacks as well, which would be harder to get your hands on legally.

• Like Like x 1
  17. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

Done...let's see what they say ;)

18. AntonA1

AntonA1 NI Product Owner

Turns out I already have a license :) Support directed me to this very useful page:

"You can access your serial numbers by logging onto your account at our website:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/myaccount/
    Click the entry titled: "View my registered products and serial numbers" "

19. david gross

david gross Member

It would have been really nice if NI had given those of us that invested some pretty serious $$ into Kore and Kore 2 hardware (and extra $ for Soundpacks) a LITTLE bit of a break on the new Kontrol Hardware, don't ya think???? It seems to be everything (almost) that we wanted Kore to become.. sigh. :/

20. TabSel

TabSel NI Product Owner

Are you serious?
    Kore is so much more than komplete kontrol... What Kore user does want to buy a kk keyboard and why?