Announcement to Kore users

Discussion in 'KORE' started by Keir @ NI, Jul 6, 2011.

1. david gross

david gross Member

I am, only in the sense that I stopped using Kore when NI stopped supporting it (primarily because it pissed me off so much). Never tried to use it with Mavericks/ Logic X, etc. I've just started playing with the new Kontrol software with my K9Ult (K10U on the way). 50/50 as to if I'll get the new hardware (as a keyboardist, even 61 keys is too small..why not a 76 key version??) So far, I like the organization of the new software, but there's a lot more to learn.

2. TabSel

TabSel NI Product Owner

It can't be too much to learn, given its feature set ;)
    Have fun browsing presets then. My guess is: you'll be pissed again when buying a KK, despite learning Kore.

You own a Keyboard? Need 76 keys as Keyboardist? You need scales, chords on thumps? Really? You own Kore, the KK Software. Why spend money to get limited?

I don't understand this...

• Like Like x 1
  3. david gross

david gross Member

indeed!! :) There are MANY things on the new KK that I won't use, and I certainly have opinions regarding the 'dumbing down' of scales, thumps, etc...but..If i can make cool new music with it and get inspired, I'll give it a go. I have a nice Kronos 88 as a keyboard..but I'm intrigued by all the real time control from KK.. might just get the baby one to have those :)

4. nielsdolieslager

nielsdolieslager NI Product Owner

I'm not wild about the Kontrol either, David. And I don't think I'll ever get NI hardware again due to their tradition of discontinuation and incompatibility. I bought Kore as a preset browser of Komplete, then they changed the preset formats and didn't update Kore so it could read them. Yay.

5. david gross

david gross Member

and that's the main reason why I'm hesitant to get the KK.. and it's bloody expensive, even for the small one.. Damnit :)

6. nielsdolieslager

not at all, gives you yet another excuse to not buy something expensive :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. david gross

david gross Member

8. TabSel

TabSel NI Product Owner

Load KK plugin into Kore and have your Komplete Preset Browser into Kores unlimited playground and tactile controls without required money and space of the KK.

9. david gross

david gross Member

interesting idea! But, I've long since removed Kore.. I'll cut you a killer deal on my Kore 2 hardware if you want it.. It's just collecting dust :(

10. TabSel

TabSel NI Product Owner

Tell me about that killer deal.

11. mykejb

mykejb NI Product Owner

I still have Kore loaded, but only with the soundpacks that don't come included with K9/K10 etc. I gave up trying to integrate new stuff into Kore but still love the old sounds. Really must dust off the spare sound packs and throw them on eBay at some point!

Mike

12. david gross

david gross Member

TabSel..how about $75 and shipping? I don't really know what it's worth.. There's only two on eBay now. ;)

13. TabSel

TabSel NI Product Owner

That's nothing to kill for ;)

14. david gross

david gross Member

LOL :) I have no idea what it's worth.. It's just sitting here.

15. TabSel

TabSel NI Product Owner

Shipping to Germany is too expensive, I guess.

16. nielsdolieslager

spare controllers go for about $30-$50.
    recently got a Kore 1 controller with Kore 1 license + upgrade to 2 for €50. Kore 1 controller is so much better, just the feel of the buttons and knobs :)

17. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Is K1 controller really that much better than K2 controller? What are the main differences?

18. TabSel

TabSel NI Product Owner

The K1 has an integrated audio interface and a different layout/labeling of some buttons to the right than K2.
    Personally I like the feel of the controls of the K2 more than the K1 controls.

19. TabSel

TabSel NI Product Owner

Then let it free for 50 USD including shipping ;) assuming it's in perfect condition (despite the dust) ;)

20. nielsdolieslager

to me it's like the difference between regular computer keyboards and mechanical ones, you need to press harder on the 2. knobs feel more analog on the 1 and the buttons on the two are a bit wiggly.