Announcing: Expansion: Faded Reels

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 17.12.40.png

The lo-fi sound, no one does it better than the good people over at MSX Audio!

The lo-fi takeover is here. With fuzzy chords, cozy keys, dusty drums, and pastel textures, FADED REELS comes packed with all the sounds you need to create the perfect vibe. Recorded using a mix of live instruments, classic hardware and boutique outboard FX, all sounds have been resampled to tape or hardware samplers for maximum warmth and soul.

More info + sound examples: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/expansions/faded-reels/

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mick @ NI

3. Mick @ NI

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hebreww

Hebreww NI Product Owner

Hi,
    why is there no option to buy lo-fi glow in iMaschine 2 ? I only see faded reels. Shouldn’t it also be an option to get both in iMaschine 2 ?

Kind regards

5. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

because Lo-Fi Glow is a Kontakt-Instrument and not a Maschine-Expansion

• Like Like x 3
  6. Michael Gilboe

Michael Gilboe New Member

I just got the pair, and every instrument in Lo-fil glow is loading panned hard left with no way to fix. The preview plays in stereo, and every other instrument is fine. It does this even if I try loading in on a new group. Every instrument. Anyone know what is going on?

7. Hidden_Path

Hidden_Path New Member

Not experiencing that here... does it happen in a new blank Maschine project (or Kontakt standalone)? Panning is normal in both scenarios for me (Kontakt 6.2.2 and Maschine 2.9.2).

8. Chris @ NI

Chris @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hello Michael,

I am not seeing this behavior. If you open the Kontakt window in Maschine 2, do the level meters show that the signal is playing through the left side only?

9. djwaxxy

djwaxxy NI Product Owner

ive bought and installed faded reels but its not showing the product gui in maschine or komplete kontrol ..the audio previews work fine though is there anyway too get the faded reel gui too show up?thanks..by the way its the best maschine expansion to date :)

10. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

Could you describe what you mean by GUI? Is the icon just not showing in the Groups section of the interface or what?

11. basehead617

basehead617 NI Product Owner

Haven't had issues, this is probably the most 'up my alley' expansion that's been released! Great stuff

12. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

Agreed! The guys at MSXII really know how to create some inspiring sounds. Would love to see more stuff in this vein.

13. RBL

RBL NI Product Owner

Please help, unable to use purchased product. I'm only able to preview faded reels in maschine library and lo-fi glow doesn't show up in my expansions or sounds in kontakt. I've attached some screenshots that may help below.
    Any advice?

Attached Files:

14. Chris @ NI

Hello RBL,

Faded Reels and Lo-Fi Glow require Kontakt 6.2.0 or later. If you're still on macOS 10.11, 6.0.4 is the latest version you can install. Kontakt 6.1 and newer require macOS 10.12 or later.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. RBL

RBL NI Product Owner

Thanks for the reply Chris. I had to downgrade back to 2.7.6 in December because my maschine hardware wasn't running with my software. Will upgrading to macOS 10.12 effect my ability to use maschine 2.7.6?

Attached Files:

16. Chris @ NI

Maschine 2.7.6 should run just fine on 10.12

17. BadMonk

BadMonk NI Product Owner

I'm looking at the For the Birds project. I can't figure out how they setup the ClosedHH LoSuave hihat to change it's attack randomly.

18. Mick @ NI

The attack is the same for each hit, but have a look at the LFO of the sampler, it's set to modulate the pitch, that's why each hit sounds different

19. BadMonk

BadMonk NI Product Owner

Thanks!