1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Announcing: Guitar Rig 6 Pro

Discussion in 'GUITAR RIG' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Magic Russ

Magic Russ NI Product Owner

I remember being impressed with the Chicago amp from the video they briefly had up. I'm not sure about the Fire Breather. It also seemed odd to me that they seemed to be showing a lot of the older amps in the video. Maybe they just wanted to show off the newer cabinets.

2. David_Russell

David_Russell New Member

Do rc24 and rc48 have all the parameters from the plug-in versions like Pre Echoes and the ones behind Options? I don't care for the visualizations but I'd hate to have redundancy for one side and lesser funcionality inside Guitar Rig for the other. Like the worst of the two cases.

Also, release the video already!

3. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

You will, in MIDI controller mode (set up macros in GR6 and MIDI learn them to RK3's switches and pedal).

Yes, why are you surprised? All amps from GR4 sound the same in GR5. Of course they will all sound the same to retain patch compatibility.

4. toots1e

toots1e NI Product Owner

I own Rig Kontrol it’s a very good piece of hardware I can’t see that releasing a new driver for it can be a major problem especially since there a no plans to bring out a replacement

5. EvilDragon

Of course NI is under no obligation to do so since the hardware unit has been discontinued. Also, drivers still work fine, both on W10 and macOS.

6. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

yess i love GR5 for synths and stuff, really look forward to GR6

• Like Like x 1
  7. David_Russell

David_Russell New Member

Any comments regarding my question on Saturday at 4:27 AM?

Thanks.

8. EvilDragon

Yes, all parameters are in there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jonathan Keith

Jonathan Keith New Member

Very exciting news to read! Does GR6 integrate with NI's hardware (such as my M32)? Being able to use rotaries etc. to control cab and fx settings directly would be amazing.

10. EvilDragon

The macro system in GR6 is there exactly for such purpose.

11. David_Russell

David_Russell New Member

Some more questions while we wait, if you please:

A. Is latency being reported dynamically? Choral, Raum and others should introduce some. If one removes them will latency update accordingly? Latency is still zero by default, right?

B. What happened to HQ mode? Is it there? If the old algorithms/components were not updated they will need oversampling. Is an oversampling mechanism in place?

12. EvilDragon

A: Latency is not being reported.
    B: HQ is now always enabled for old components.

13. Robert100

Robert100 NI Product Owner

Not mentioned yet but here goes:
    Specs say windows 10. No 7 or 8 - a bit premature to my mind.
    I really like GR5 but the improvements in 6 are great.
    I would think there are many like me who cannot upgrade to win10 without replacing perfectly good working hardware because of the lack of drivers.
    The day will come I do realise.

14. EvilDragon

W7 are not officially supported anymore so it's not really premature. Also, it might still work on W7, it's just not supported.

A lot of those drivers might still work under W10 if they are installed in compatibility mode, though. Did you try that on a secondary boot partition perhaps?

15. Robert100

I assume you mean win7 is not officially supported by MS.
    My thought was that it is perhaps premature of NI given that there are a good few people sticking with win7 - evidence is in any forum.

I thank you and value your comments both as a reply here and many other posts, but you used the "might" word twice.
    I do not have the resources to buy GR6 in case it "might" work and believe me I have researched the driver issue comprehensively.

16. EvilDragon

W7 is not officially supported by MS, and many other companies are also following suit, including NI. Don't forget that this forum does not equal the whole NI userbase, and that NI has more exact numbers on OS usage and they decide accordingly.

I'll check out for you if GR6 is gonna install on my W7 laptop. Stay tuned.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

It's gestures like this which keeps me coming back to this place

18. EvilDragon

OK so: the installer WILL work and install Guitar Rig 6 on Windows 7. However, you need to have a graphics card with drivers that support OpenGL 2.0 or higher.

I didn't install through Native Access (since it's not available on NA yet, but will be tomorrow), so I am not sure if Native Access might preventing installing it on W7. In this case, you will need to obtain the installer from a W10 machine.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Robert100

A very big thank you from me ED for trying this.
    Hmm, just had a thought, shouldn't I be able to demo GR6 via NA?
    I need to think about all of this. If NI new stuff becomes unusable with win7 there would be no point in me upgrading komplete to v13.
    Ah well, so it goes.

20. EvilDragon

If your GPU supports OGL 2.0 or above (most do these days) you should be fine. My W7 laptop is 8 years old and has a very old nVidia GPU inside, but GR6 worked just fine with it.

• Like Like x 1