Announcing: Maschine Mikro MK3

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Toby @ NI

Toby @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hey Xyenz Fyxion,

Sorry that you're unhappy with us, that's obviously not what we want to hear. As I work on the Mikro Mk3 exclusively right now I can't comment on any of the other stuff you brought up, but I can say that we are still working hard on the Mikro Mk3 and that we have plans to improve the feature set beyond what we provided in the initial release, I think you'll be happy with what we do. As for the screen, everyone I have met who has tried it has been pleasantly surprised. I myself was extremely sceptical but I'm completely onboard with it now. I can only say give it a try, and a chance.

Cheers,

Toby

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

Thanks for the response, Toby. I must say that I feel responses are expected (by me) elsewhere. But, they are quite too uncommon on this forum. Hopefully, you can pass along our/my sentiments to the proper parties.

I am not 100% unhappy with your company or products. I am happy with my Maschine Studio and the software. But, broken promises and the lack of NI's voice is turning our hearts cold and eyes towards competitors. To put it plainly, the upgrades to your hardware are taking a step backwards for every step they take forward. I don't know who you asked, but I am hard-pressed to believe that anyone would prefer the smaller screen. Furthermore, MCU support was removed going to the MK2 keyboard, promised to be developed and released, then thrown in the shadows like Song Mode. This behavior keeps me from upgrading my Maschine MK2 to a Maschine MK3 (not Mikro's).

I know my reply is not solely focused on Mikro MK3, but it is hard to ignore the pattern. You said you were skeptical. Can you see why we are skeptical since NI is releasing half-baked products? It's weird in my opinion to release a product like an I.O.U. 'It's a bike, but you'll get the seat next month. It is very fast, so use it without the seat as you wish until then.'

Can you see how this looks? Can you understand the frustration that comes from a lie or broken promise? Can you understand the frustration that comes from expecting features based on the Open Letter that never came? Can you provide a realistic timeline?

There are users here that would gladly help code and add the features we desire. Is there a working list of those features at NI? Is anyone working on concepts suggested on these boards? Can the code be opened up to 3rd parties who can keep NI on top?

No question is rhetorical. I ask to keep the dialog going. I ask for all of us. Please, respond in kind and assuage our fears & concerns. Thanks again, Toby @ NI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  3. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Think you are speaking for a great many of us there Xyenz:)

• Like Like x 2
  4. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk NI Product Owner

I agree, and especially when Midi Mode arrives, so we can sync it with Ableton Live. I put it on top of my Laptop keyboard (with a plastic sheet so I won't inadvertently press a key) That way the graphics are directly above the Mk3 (no small screen necessary.
    I also have a Bluetooth keyboard to the side so I won't have to lift the Mk3 off the keyboard to use it.

Until Midi Mode comes along, I do have an APC Mini to trigger clips, but am thinking of an APC 40 Mk2 (I have a Push, which is absolutely stunning, but not very portable). II also want to control plugins, e.g. Helix Native... (until NI finally updates Guitar Rig, which is really getting long in the tooth..)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  5. HammyHavoc

HammyHavoc NI Product Owner

I think Guitar Rig is dead at this point unless guitar-based music comes back into vogue.

6. tempsperdu

The softube amp emulation stuff is pretty good but pricey if not on a deal

• Like Like x 1
  7. HammyHavoc

I think we own almost every major guitar modelling solution on the market between us over here, but the lack of NKS integration on any of them truly sucks, especially considering we've got expression pedals hooked up. Feels like another missed opportunity from NI considering they don't support the drivers for their Guitar Rig hardware anymore according to another forum member. Speed and convenience trumps quality for initial ideas when pitching clients.

8. tempsperdu

The Softube stuff is NKS but yeah many are rather upset about the lack of development or support for hardware with Guitar Rig.....or the lack of development in so many other areas.

• Like Like x 2
  9. HammyHavoc

Off I go to look for updates to download! I had no idea!

10. OGTracks

OGTracks NI Product Owner

They lost us when they made it more about sales than creating a finish product.

By far Komplete 12 - Unfinished (No Massive X), MK3, Maschine Jam - Unfinished (No song layer, and so on... ) I don't think they have realized what good of a controller they have. It has so much potential, and for now that is just what it has "potential" until they all get on board in the front office and decide to dedicate more resources to the software side of things must of us here will pretty much feel like we were robbed.

• Like Like x 2
  11. HammyHavoc

tempsperdu, you were right about the NKS! Currently using it in Vintage Amp Room and works slickly. Thank you! :- )

• Like Like x 1
  12. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Midi mode for the mikro is now available
    Thanks N.I :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  13. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

No Controller Editor support tho... So I am confused... Are all the buttons hard mapped and can't be changed!?

14. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Hmm , I’m just downloading it now
    I would have thought controller editor would need an update too

15. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk NI Product Owner

Just wanted to jump in again here - IMO the Mk3 Mikro is brilliant (using it with my laptop). All NI needs now is an 8x8 matrix controller like the Push 2. (I like Jam, which I own, but they need to ditch the touch strips ....)

But for the balance of portability, flexibility and control, I think NI really got it right.

Thanks, NI! Good job!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  16. tempsperdu

I'll stick a bug report in but after installing the Arturia V Collection my Mikro won't go into midi mode anymore. Re-installing Maschine didn't do anything at all. Weird......................

17. vertibration

vertibration NI Product Owner

In midi mode, how do you change your notes via octaves?

18. moss

moss NI Product Owner

Maschine Mikro Mk3 special support for Bitwig is here:

19. BrandMo

BrandMo New Member

Awesome. Still waiting to see a vid like this with Ableton before I pick it up.

20. Leif Hallberg

Leif Hallberg NI Product Owner

Hey, I just have to say that the Windows Firmwareupdater for the Mikro MK3 does not work. It wil set the unit in DFU MODE and have to be updated using a Mac. I was lucky enough to get hold of a guy with a Mac who drove 20miles to rescue me.