Announcing: Maschine Mikro MK3

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Phaz

Phaz New Member

(sorry for the late reply)In sampling mode, in slice menu, with my old maschines I could slice a sample with the pads :
    If I loaded a sample on pad 1 and entered the sampling ans slice mode in manual, then I press the pad 1, it start blinking and then I had to tap on the next pads to manually chop the sample. And now with the micro mk3 I can't do that.
    A video of manual slicing with the pads

(sorry for my bad english)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

No problem.
    Oh... Yes, you're correct the Mikro MK3 doesn't have what NI calls "Live Slicing", one more thing the previous model had (Mikro Mk2) that the latest doesn't... I dont understand why they do this kind of stuff either.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Toby @ NI

Toby @ NI NI Product Owner

Hey Phaz,

With the Mikro Mk3 we changed our approach compared to the previous generations of Mikro and tried to simply and only include the essential maschine hardware workflows, and make sure they were more easily accessible than they were in the past generations. This inevitably has meant that some operations have to be performed through the software, and unfortunately this feature is one of the ones that was cut.

We actually tried really hard to get the slicing on pad feature into the Mikro Mk3 but we were never that happy with the UX, so we decided to leave it out. All of the approaches we came up with involved a lot of switching between software and hardware workflows, which didn't feel good to us.

Thanks,

Toby

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

What does UX stand for?

René

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

User Experience Design.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Xyenz Fyxion

Xyenz Fyxion NI Product Owner

In my opinion, you should just change the name. It is misleading to call a product 'the next version' like MK[X+1] when functionality is missing. I don't understand why you do that, NI. Call it Maschine Mini or something that suggests it is a different product if key functions are no longer present. It took years for the S61 MK2 to resemble a second version of its predecessor. You will upset your clientele base with this current mode of behavior.

I am glad to see communication. We really like the NI ecosystem and want to continue to support it. We can't tell you what to do, but our input as end-users of the devices are likely more valuable than you realize. It's almost like we are a playbook that you can use to beat the other 'teams.' Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  7. Toby @ NI

Hey Xyenz Fyxion,

I couldn't agree with you more, but I acknowledge that we can improve and pay more attention to you guys, and I assure you that we are putting effort into doing so.

Thanks,

Toby

• Like Like x 3
  8. Phaz

Phaz New Member

First, thanks for your reply Toby. I had a problem with another pad brand and the staff doesn't reply with real answer to the questions, so thank you.
    But I don't understand what is so difficult to put this function on the mikro Mk3, since it's just an action that we do with the pads, which the mikro has...
    I was very glad when I bought the Mikro mk3, but when I realized that there was no manual slice with the pads, I was very disappointed and sad!!!
    I had the maschine mk1, mk2 and mikro mk2, and they all have this fonction.
    Will you implement this function in a future software or hardware update, even with an option that the user have to choose to enable it or not (if it's a problem with the GUI or the mini screen), or it will never be a feature on this mikro Mk3?
    Thanks

9. Toby @ NI

Hey Phaz,

I can't give you any definite answers either way about this feature. As I said, we did try and implement the whole feature, that means also being able to edit the slices from the hardware. We didn't manage to do that and decided not to implement just the slicing part of the feature; I will look into this again and see if there is another approach we could take.

Thanks,

Toby

10. Toby @ NI

Hi Enigma et al,

I am so please to be able to tell you guys that we are currently working on Control Editor support for the Mikro Mk3!!!! Development is almost done and we will be putting it in beta very soon. Kai has announced some of the other stuff we are working on right now in the following post. There is also a sign up link for those interested in signing up for the beta. This is the quickest way for you guys to get your hands on the CE and any and all of the new features we're working on. :)

https://www.native-instruments.com/...-updates-of-maschine-komplete-kontrol.359227/

Thanks!

Toby

• Like Like x 6
  11. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

WOW! Thanks a lot, Toby @ NI That really made my day. :)

I really appreciate and thank the entire team for their hard work. I am looking forward to it.

Sorry for the silly question, but does it mean that it will enable Mikro MK3 transport controls to be used with FL Studio?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Toby @ NI

Thanks Enigma,

short answer is yes! You can assign MCU control to the play button on the Mikro.

Thanks,

Toby

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. AL’DREAD

AL’DREAD NI Product Owner

Excellent Toby , thanks for that .

• Like Like x 1
  14. LoveEnigma

That's awesome! Thanks for the confirmation. :thumbsup:

15. Toby @ NI

• Like Like x 5
  16. LoveEnigma

Hi Toby,

That's an awesome news! Thank you so much to the entire team for making it happen. I am really looking forward to it.

By the way, I am trying to join the Beta community since quite some time, but I am not getting the verification email. Could you please help me out?

Best wishes! :)

17. Koolly

Koolly NI Product Owner

Hi
    Cannot signup to the beta from the 'Opportunities' page. It goes back to
    Beta Testing Community home page.

18. grover723

grover723 New Member

The only open opportunity I find is the Native Access beta. Is that the one to apply for to test CE support for Mikro Mk3?

19. Toby @ NI

Hi guys, please DM me your email adresses if you're having issues signing up to the beta, thanks!

20. Freddy B

Freddy B New Member

when should we expect a reply?