1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Announcing: Maschine+

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

• Like Like x 13
  2. Bodhi Beats

Bodhi Beats NI Product Owner

Congrats, NI team!

• Like Like x 1
  3. jkq2010

jkq2010 New Member

IT'S HAPPENING!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trevorhor

Trevorhor NI Product Owner

Christmas comes early this year. 2020 will not kompletely suck!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Trevorhor

Trevorhor NI Product Owner

Also, PLEASE let us connect Maschine JAM directly to Maschine+ USB port.

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

its retailing for $1800 CDN here. Slightly more than an Akai MPC LIve 2.

7. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  8. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

Standalones are obviously trending so this will be a huge hit for NI which means more resources for development. Win win for we the users so I’m excited about that.

Hopefully NI remains Apple-esque as it relates to tight hardware/software integration vs Akai’s Android-esque extensive product line which leaves the software fragmented and unintuitive. I can see how a micro+ makes sense but I hope that’s where it ends and the overall direction is optimizing the software.

Great to see the platform evolving and excited to get my hands on clips which must be arriving within weeks since this product launches October.

That said, iPad Pro is the only standalone I need. I wish Ni would update iMaschine to a fuller version of its big brother and let us control it with MK3 but I know that’ll never happen now as it would canabalize this offering.

At any rate, this all but ensures my MK3 will be current for some time yet and I’m sure sound packs and expansions will be dropping twice as fast now.

• Like Like x 4
  9. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass NI Product Owner

Nice, expensive but nice! This is awesome!

10. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

I'm quite sure JAM has been abandoned :(

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. dazeja

dazeja NI Product Owner

Can you import audio loops or do you have to re-sample loops you have on the software version?
    Also, will there be a cross grade pricing for those of us that already spent 700+ on Mk3 or studio in the past? If not

12. The Sarge

The Sarge NI Product Owner

don´t say so, I´m collecting money to get one :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  13. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

touch screen?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

No

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Jaskin

Jaskin New Member

Lets wait and see how stable standalone is and how big projects it can handle, also waiting for clip launching feature as the loop mode is not convenient to use. A bit pricey but Other than that big up NI

16. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

There is no "clip launching feature". There is a new Clip layer in Song mode, but it is not clip launching.

17. Jaskin

Jaskin New Member

Yes i do understand that, thats why I'm asking for it. Ditch loop mode introduce clip launching, cant see a big issue

18. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

Ideas Mode is pretty much a clip launcher. Not sure what you need differently?

• Like Like x 1
  19. gummi

gummi NI Product Owner

Imagine if NI would have thought of integrating their existing hardware to this, eg. connect Jam directly to plus and utilize it instead of forgetting it was ever made...

• Like Like x 3
  20. wblackledg

wblackledg NI Product Owner

Question : Is this basically MASCHINE 3 or a brand new product?

Is the original MASCHINE now orphaned?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1