1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Announcing: Maschine+

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 8, 2020.

1. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

Correct

2. WernerR

WernerR NI Product Owner

Thank God, no freakin dirty fingerprints on this beauty :)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Falko Freund

Falko Freund NI Product Owner

But the next clip starts not at the end of the other clip, like in Ableton.

4. BigPictureSound

BigPictureSound NI Product Owner

Really exciting news!

Gonna sell my MPC One I think, never got into the fluidity of track assignment to midi, plugin, and CV. Copying sequences got messy fast.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Congrats, NI! This looks amazing. :) :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daphoid

Daphoid New Member

It appears to be its own thing. The M+ only has 32GB of internal storage (plus an SD card, but say you put a 64-256 one in there, that's stil not enough room for tall the regular expansions).

Plus at the end of the video they mentioned working on bridging improvements to both the classic maschine controllers and the M=.

Further, the M+ is frankly going to be expensive, the other controllers are their bread and butter as well; and if they only had an expensive device in their lineup they'd lose out on tons of customers. There's a reason the micro's and A/M series keyboards have been so popular.

- D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Daphoid

Daphoid New Member

As for Jam, sadly it does feel quite abandoned. I own one myself but due to physical space limits, don't readily have it out and usable. Maybe I should see it to one of you fine folks.

The M+ is about $1800 CAD + Tax for me that's $2033. That's a super high end piece of gear, you could get a Maschine MK 3, and a S series keyboard, for that price - as long as you don't mind being near a computer.

I think the M+ looks awesome, but I definitely the price is a barrier to entry. This will be for established folks (or folks with a ton of money) - but it's way outside of impulse buy, or even "save up a bit". It's just pricey period.

I'll buy a few more fun external synths/effects pedals, and replace my S49 Mk1 with a Mk2 before I procure this if at all.

Plus, I don't gig - I jam at home 99% of the time, and am a IT guy so bering around a computer is my livelihood; not a scary evil machine I need to get away from (but I get that from super music folks, not everyone likes computers)

- D

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lempface

Lempface New Member

Is the clip layer in song mode coming to the software version of Maschine? I need this in my life.

9. Bodhi Beats

Bodhi Beats NI Product Owner

Yes, see the pinned thread on MACHINE software development updates. Coming soon. Not exactly sure when, but I would expect it to be near the release of the MASCHINE+ (Oct 1).

10. Lempface

Lempface New Member

Cheers!

11. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk NI Product Owner

I just pre-ordered. My guitar has its own preamp, so I can use the mic or line input by adjusting gain.
    NOW the big question is running the new Guitar Rig, and if not, will it be included in an update?

• Like Like x 1
  12. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

i think you can connect a kk mk2 via usb , so there may be hope for jam

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kymeia

Kymeia NI Product Owner

i wonder if it still doesnt support aftertouch?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

pre ordered , 1099 in the uk is pretty reasonable , deciding if i should sell my tr8s , only had it a couple of weeks, lol , but i feel it might be a little redundant now, + could do with the space , still have a xm and a mc 101 which are going to cool to use with the + .

what can we connect to the usb ie any midi keyboard, like my a300pro? the xm? the mc?
    can we route audio through it like a mixer?

is there a manual for it ?

15. r4nd0m

r4nd0m New Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

did you see in the vid , Boris is using imaschine connected by link , great potential for some iPad apps , like extra screen for piano roll , automation , mixer etc

17. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

No, link won't give you all of that - Link just does tempo and transport controls.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

so he just has them sync'd , ok , maybe ni could create some sort of app like logic remote over wifi

19. OhulahanBass

OhulahanBass NI Product Owner

Hey NI, please don't exclusively hand out demo units to influencer tools that don't use Maschine on the regular.

I trust Accurate Beats, also people here like DOne

• Like Like x 1
  20. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I've heard the + can run off any DC power bank delivering sufficient current , so there's your portable battery solution

• Like Like x 1