1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Announcing: Maschine+

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 8, 2020.

1. jeblo

jeblo NI Product Owner

Probably not a user error. There is nothing to be enabled on the iOS device.
    When plugged in, USB audio should appear as input, same applies for MIDI.
    Missed opportunity (again). I’ll follow up on centercode.

On the MC-707 this feature opens up completely new ways for DAWless production...

2. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

Did MC 707 launch compliant or did it take awhile?

3. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I can plug my mc 101 into the + and it works as an audio interface , only has the stereo mix for input and output

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jeblo

jeblo NI Product Owner

Actually it just as been added with v1.6
    But it has set a new standard

There is still hope it will be added later, along with connectivity to other 3rd parts devices (hard disks, audio interfaces,...)

In this use case the MC101 acts as audio interface to the Maschine (as the MC101/707 are class compliant)
    I‘d like the Maschine to act as an interface for the iDevice:
    Just one cable is required to have a (digital) audiostream (digital crate digging with Spotify) and MIDI (there are some great sequencer/arpeggiator/music theory apps)

5. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Wait... You want to use the phone as an interface with M+ in standalone mode? In this case, the problem is the iPhone itself is not class compliment, it's MIDI isn't either.

6. krixa

krixa NI Product Owner

Any chance NI will make it possible to trade in old Maschine mk1/mk2/mk3s when buying the Maschine+ to get some kind of discount?

Does the Maschine+ support third party VST fx/instruments?

7. D-One

Theres no way in hell thats ever going to happen.

No.
    All supported plugins for Standalone Mode are listed here:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-plus/sounds/
    In Controller Mode you can use anything from any 3rd party.

8. hubiedubie

hubiedubie NI Product Owner

Mine arrived today and I hooked up my Motu 828ES to it. I did get audio in and out for a while but it quickly became distorted, then disappeared and subsequently reappeared. It was able to see 8 inputs and 8 outputs of the 8028ES.
    Non-NI Audi interfaces aren’t supported officially so I’m surprised I got any audio at all.

9. D-One

Actually, Class-Complient Interfaces are supposed to work (IDK if NI announced it already or not). The ones I have work fine, if the interface needs drivers then it most likely wont work. MOTU is known for needing drivers.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hubiedubie

Which interfaces work out of interest ?

11. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I’ve got it all setup , the nektar midi flex 4 works as expected,(both of them show up ) everything is working correctly, had some tempo sync issues, just had to turn off a couple of ports that aren’t being used in the maschine settings

Midi
    I have midi going from my apro and mc101 to 1 midi flex and my Jupiter going to the other midi flex 4.

Audio
    I’ve got the + and 101 going to the xm and the xm going back to the + , for sampling, headphones in the xm :) , and I’ve got to get some female xlr to 1/4 cables for my speakers.

It outputs maschine to the 101 too

12. D-One

ALDREAD Whats system version is your M+?
    Anything class-compliant should... From the ones I have the Scarlett 2i2, Zoom H4n Pro work... Oddly the Mk3 plugged into a M+ also works lol, not that anyone would do that but still.

The thing is, class-compliant interfaces are generally the low tier budget options, having custom drivers is one of the main reasons some companies have amazing latency results.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Do you get all the individual inputs on your interface?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2020
  14. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I can’t reach the bottom two ports in the menu ?
    D17850E3-92B4-4DE6-BC93-C9199D38402A.jpeg

It’s probably ok , the + usb is doubled and you can see the midi flex 4 port is doubled too (that’s one interface)

15. jeblo

jeblo NI Product Owner

No, the other way around. Maschine+ as an interface.
    So audio and midi from an iDevice can be streamed into the Maschine.

When I connect my iPad to the 707, iPad audio can be sampled directly on the 707.
    Additionally 707 appears as MIDI out port in any app. MIDI played on an app can be recorded on the 707 (or a synth app can be sequenced from the 707)
    Many new options...

16. hubiedubie

Thanks, my 828ES is class compliant but unfortunately can’t get it stable. Will tinker around a bit more and see if I can get it working.

17. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

This is how I’m setup
    My Mac mini is under the +
    I’m thinking of moving it and the monitor, they really don’t need to be there now .
    I could then squeeze my hs7 on the table

BA27DED5-BAE3-4FA6-BFD3-F0DBA1F645EA.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  18. D-One

Yes... Not like they have a lot of IO tho, lol.
    For this kind of thing you better off making a dedicated thread.
    Also, do you play acoustic guitar or something? Those are some big ass nails bro! lol

Hummmm...
    Mas+ is not available as an interface for something else in standalone mode, the computer inside uses it; there's also no aggregation options to combine two interfaces (and potentially use one for input and another for output). So, what you're asking is not currently possible.
    To sample i just use an audio cable but no way to get MIDI atm, those iPhone to MIDI DIN converters might work tho, no guarantee.

Humm... Interesting. That does not sound like class compliment tech, the 707 must have some sort of driver in its firmware to enable that kind of communication, never heard of such a thing before but it would be awesome on the Mas+.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. krixa

krixa NI Product Owner

Ok, screw the climate - burn the old stuff! :D

Ok, so what I can tell not even NI vsts will be supported like Replika XT or Crush Pack?

Thanks for answering. Cheers.

20. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Lmao , no , I don’t , nail clippers snapped , I’ll have to get some new one ASAP