1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Announcing: Maschine+

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 8, 2020.

1. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk NI Product Owner

Ok, that got the patterns. Now if I can only get my 3/4 projects to load.....
    thanks
    one step at a time .....I guess there must be a way of converting patterns from my projects in maschine to clips in Maschine 2. Save a whole bank as midi clips? Import/Export?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
  2. D-One

D-One Well-Known Member

If you got a bunch of particular needs that are literally "either it can do XYZ or I am returning it" then make a list, open your own thread and others can confirm things for you, return time period is not usually very long and the shipping time it takes for the device to reach NI or the retailer counts... This + the fact you're learning a complex new device = tic toc, tic toc.

Yes, you can convert patterns to Clips in Maschine 2 desktop or in Mas+ standalone.
    You can import/export MIDI from the desktop application but Maschine as no built-in browser options to import MIDI, (other than MIDI events/patterns inside Groups) this means its not possible for now to import it in M+ standalone, afaik. On the desktop, we drag-and-drop to import MIDI.
    I've been asking for a way to browse load MIDI or only load patterns since forever, not confident it will ever happen tbh.
    There's no way to save Clip banks as MIDI, actually no way to save clips as MIDI at all for now.
    If you want send me one of your projects and I'll try to load on my M+.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Uija

Uija NI Product Owner

Before I buy Reaktor 6, could someone who hast Reaktor and M+ can confirm some questions?
    1. Can I use synths, that I build in Reaktor 6 Core on the M+?
    2. Can I make Makros of every control I can create in Reaktor, so that I can use every possible sound design option I could use in the Reaktor instrument on the M+?
    3. Can you save Presets for those Reaktor 6 Instruments?
    The point is: I want to build my own sounds when I am traveling and am not able to bring my hardware synths. I need access to Modulation source and destination options or at least pre-route them and make the depth controllable from within M+. massive sadly does not give the option to do so :(

My Idea is: I create a Synth in Reaktor with 2 OSC, with 2 Filters and 2 or 3 LFOs. I could pre-route them to those destinations I mostly use and place some kind of control on front (mixer/multiplayer?) that I could make macros for M+ out of.

thanks in advance.

4. BuleriaChk

I understand the tik/tok - Duh! Which is why I desperately trying to eliminate gotchas - including a possible inability to load basic Maschine 2 pc projects - which work just fine with Jam, Maschine MK3 Micro and Studio as well (the only one i don't have is Maschine Mk 3.

Of course I will be trying NI tech support if possible. The procedure isn't in the manual or any of the videos I've seen to date, and I'm sure a lot of users would want to know about this.

I wiil send you a project if you tell me how and where...

5. D-One

D-One Well-Known Member

:D
    Those are all controllers, they don't load anything, the software in the computer does. DUHHHH hehe

Pick a smaller project, use "Save Project with Samples" from the File Menu in Maschine SW, zip both the project and its subfolder (with samples) and send it to me via PM if you don't want to have your project out in public. For PM use the inbox button at the top of the forum, "use the upload a file" below your PM.

6. Uija

Uija NI Product Owner

Okay, I bought Reaktor 6, built my own little synth that is working great in Maschine2, but I am unable to get the .ens file to M+ so it is found :(

7. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Do you think they will add support for a mikro mk3 in midi mode ?

8. BuleriaChk

The point is all my projects work on the pc, and the Maschine+ is supposed to substitute for the PC.

I have opened a support ticket with ni... we'll see ... in the meantime, try to load one of your own projects from your pc to the Maschine+ and if it works, tell us how you did it ....

9. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Not exactly. And certainly not entirely.

Copy the Project file (and its Samples folder if it has one) to the Maschine 2\Projects folder on the SD card, start M+ with the SD card in, wait for it to automatically scan the card, then check your User library.

10. BuleriaChk

Doesn't work for me; does it for you? Basic project contains one bank with 8 samples and 6 banks in 3/4 using percussion kits from Machine libraries. Recanning libraries on Machine+ doesn't help; user library is still empty.

11. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Is your M+ up-to-date? It's assumed that all new units are on the latest, but maybe they're not.

Do any file types (Projects, Groups, samples) show up in your User library?

12. D-One

D-One Well-Known Member

Like this:

13. BuleriaChk

Ok, files finally appeared in the user section after I pulled the USB cord, turned the M+ off, removed and reinstalled the power cord, switched it on again, and the files appeared in the User Library!

Sort of a WTF, but I'll take it for now ... :)

(Program files had been copied to the directories you suggested since yesterday).
    M+ will not load projects that have unrecognized plugins, but no big deal; I'll just delete them from the user library until I can go back to the pd and remove the offending plugins as needed.)
    So that's another "Gotcha resolved..

Thanks for your patience....

14. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Not the case here: the unknown plugin(s) just won't be loaded, the rest of the Project should load and play fine though.

15. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Where have you put it on the SD card?
    Try the Maschine 2 directory in the Sounds or Plugins folder (just tried Junatik and SteamPipe, which work, and Razor, which only shows in the browser and appears to load but does not make sound*).
    Also, I read you have to make sure the meta info for your ensemble is set as instrument.

* Could this be because don't have the full version of Reaktor 6?

16. BuleriaChk

Maybe that too was a one-of for me.

17. Uija

Uija NI Product Owner

here is what I found out and how it worked at the end:

it’s not the Ensemble That needs to be marked as instrument via NI meta Info (something I was not able to find after hours or searching). you have to have a preset in that that Ensemble and that needs to have that Meta Infos. after I found out about that, added a preset to my synth and retried it, it worked! At the end it didn’t make a difference, if you place it to the sounds folder of your maschine2 folder or into a Reaktor folder in User Content. M+ found it on all directories.
    And yes, it seems you need to have Full Reaktor 6 to get it to work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Fugazi81

Fugazi81 NI Product Owner

Hi Uija, great to hear you got it sorted. I tried the whole Reaktor Factory Library to work on Maschine + and to my suprise everything seems to work, except Blocks, the "Player" Ensembles and stuff that is mainly be crotroled through the GUI, wich of course is not representes on the M+.

But i also found a big problem, so to speak, i have not found a way to save any Projects with my "User" Reaktor ensembles (or Library Ensembles).
    They save ok , you can load them ok, but every pad holding a Reaktor instrument/fx stops producing sound after i re load of the Project.
    So you can get sound back to the plug-in by changing to a different preset (that´s working with fx ensembles) or instrument and then back.

So my question to you, could you please try to create an Reaktor instrument / fx on an empty Project on the M+ hadware and save it with your loaded Reaktor ensembles. Are you getting any sound from the ensembles when you re-load the Project?

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. bobbyduracel

bobbyduracel NI Product Owner

I’ve had to hold shift while in the browse “user” tab and wait for “RESCAN” to appear. Hit the button and the newly added files appear. It is not yet automatic.

20. D-One

D-One Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips fellas! I got a bunch of Reaktor instruments stuff from the lib working, not the fx for some reason tho.
    As anyone tried the same with Kontakt? I always get a loading error.

If you mount the SD thru USB on the computer then unmount Mas+ won't auto rescan, it only does so if you remove the SD and put it back in.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2020