1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Announcing: Maschine+

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 8, 2020.

1. krixa

krixa NI Product Owner

I still don't get it. If Maschine+ comes with Raum and Phasis I can't see why not every other NI plugin should work with the Maschine+. Maybe it's just a matter of time.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

My Jupiter xm , shows up as an interface with all its inputs (14) going to test this more tomorrow. This is pretty cool , been messing around with midi cables all evening , trying to get my apro and + into the midi in port of the xm , without any success ( it’s for system exclusive ) I could kinda get it to work but there would always be an issue no matter which way I wired it , a merge box /splitter box didn’t work , I was getting a midi feedback loop , or it was shortening the note on the second pass of recording. Hopefully now I can send midi out + to the xm via usb and still control it with the apro over 5 pin midi , plus I get loads of audio channels

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. bobbyduracel

bobbyduracel NI Product Owner

Ah it quoted the wrong post. Sorry if that didn’t help.
    If your project uses plugins which are not yet compatible with M plus it will not open the project, as far as I understand it. So, open the desktop app and for each plugin track you think is likely incompatible, do the "drag/drop to convert to audio" feature. I think there will be a faster workflow implemented in the future. I keep hoping for something like the MPC functionality... automatically create a duplicate audio track alongside the plugin track, automatically mute the software track, etc.

4. bobbyduracel

You nailed it. Give it time.

• Like Like x 3
  5. bobbyduracel

Oddly, if you open in controller mode and shut down the program, and disconnect the Plus, it seems to turn orange (the power light) and just does not know what to do. It's as if you need to tell the unit to go back to standalone mode BEFORE shutting down the app...

6. mikewbragg

mikewbragg New Member

Just got my maschine plus today. Update found WiFi, updated firmware, restated and started to download content. Came back a bit later and maschine was powered off. Rebooted and it wanted to update again. Confirmed, restarted and now it’s hanging. Left it for about an hour. No luck. Restarted. Tried again. No luck. Works fine in standalone. Any ideas? Got a ticket in.

7. imagevoice

imagevoice NI Product Owner

just pull usb-cable out und its red again (off-standby)

8. olafmol

olafmol NI Product Owner

I don't think every NI plugin will (or can) be ported to M+. It has another OS (Linux based) and a processor that needs to be able to handle the processing. F.e. Massive X will probably not be ported. Buy the M+ for what it currently does, that's the safest bet.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sedat Senguel

Sedat Senguel NI Product Owner

I think so. I think they are working hard to push the plugins to M+. I would like to have the Play Series next ;-) Analog Dreams, Hybrid Keys...maybe even Cloud Supply.....and let's not forget Bite, Dirt and Freak....please NI!

What would be even cooler if NI is looking for the other NKS partners to push their plug-ins to the M+. Maybe even a Lite version of their stuff...Exhale Lite from Output....or even integration from Sounds.com or Arcade. That would be awesome imho.

But honestly I'm good with the built in stuff and my expansions...for 2020...I'm curious what's to come to the M+ next....christmas is coming!

By the way I tested the M+ yesterday with my battery where I posted pictures last week. I let the M+ run for about 5 hours. Switching projects every 15 to 30 minutes and let it loop to test the battery life. So far it fit my needs very well if I want a battery solution.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

The Project should still open:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Falko Freund

Falko Freund NI Product Owner

Do you have a link to the powerbank and what do you need to connect?

12. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk NI Product Owner

It would be great if Maschine+ could import Ableton LIve projects like Force 3.0.5 (SAYS they can - if they have added time signatures... :) Also a vertical scroll for clips and patterns like Jam (even 4 rows would be enough; even better if Jam could work with Maschine+.....

But so far so good with Maschine+ (for me) .....

13. bambz

bambz New Member

My maschine crashed last night and cut all my hype while diving in some interesting sounds :(
    I don't get why tho... the usage was at 30% at most.
    Should I open a ticket? or is this happening to any of you too

• Like Like x 1
  14. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

ive had several crashes and random reboots. Something ain’t right.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sedat Senguel

Well I think there is a newer version of mine on Amazon. Couldn't find the one I have as it is 3-4 years old i guess....Here the link:

https://www.amazon.de/XTPower®-XT-1...00qc2&qid=1602006908&sr=8-3&tag=googhydr08-21

This version is the 16000QC3 I had the QC2 (Quick Charge) so it should even load faster. There should be the adapters inside that you will need. I only tested for 1-2 days and had no problems. Maybe some NI admins could look at the specs and say if there could be any harm using this ;-)

Best regards
    Sedat

• Like Like x 2
  16. Supercreative

Supercreative NI Product Owner

Nice! Could be perfect for me. Form factor and display is great and like those additional power plugs.
    How long does it take to load your QC2?

Is anyone using the 16000QC3 already?

17. Sedat Senguel

I think about 3 hours or so. So to me no problem at all.

18. GoKeez

GoKeez NI Product Owner

that’s perfect. Link doesn’t open for me. Guess it isn’t US Amazon. Anyone know what the US version is called? I don’t want to carry around a ghostbusters trap looking mobile nuclear power plant bank like others have posted. Want something small and sleek I can attach with Velcro. This solution looks perfect

19. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Amazon.com :D

Theres a few power banks with DC Out out there... Here are some examples
    https://www.amazon.com/POWERADD-Pilot-23000mAh-External-Smartphones/dp/B015OAJFOC/
    https://www.amazon.com/Krisdonia-Portable-TSA-Approved-25000mAh-Smartphone/dp/B074PQBRJV/
    Anything much higher than 20000mah will be a huge brick, unnecessary for most people.

Just pay attention to connector barrel size, Voltage, Amperage, and Watts. The details are all here already:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/maschine-battery-bank.423871/
    Obviously, proceed at your own risk. Or wait until NI makes a list of recommended power banks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. kultschar

kultschar NI Product Owner

Any speculation on the bluetooth implementation?

e.g headphones for quick jam