1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Announcing: Maschine+

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Sedat Senguel

Sedat Senguel NI Product Owner

I have exactly the older version of this and it runs good for me. I think it's on your own risk until NI will recommend batteries for the M+. I think it's like D-One stated in this thread before:

Just pay attention to connector barrel size, Voltage, Amperage, and Watts. The details are all here already:
    https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/maschine-battery-bank.423871/
    Obviously, proceed at your own risk. Or wait until NI makes a list of recommended power banks.​

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kldskp

kldskp NI Product Owner

I'm sure this has been answered - but does anyone know if Maschine+ will support Kontakt libraries such as Hybrid Keys, etc. in future? Seems to just be "expansions" for now.

3. walerandei

walerandei NI Product Owner

Hey! Thanks for share this info.
    I'll have in mind for future use. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. walerandei

walerandei NI Product Owner

Probably I guess. But we have to be patient.
    They have implemented Retromachines with Kontakt support. It's a matter of time that they allow another libraries to be compatible with M+.

Probably the same with NI plugins ... ;)
    We are the first Maschine+ users. So we are like betatesters.
    New things have to come.

5. fmq

fmq NI Product Owner

What did i just spot here in the plus manual?An easter egg of whats already cooking for plus or just a picture from the desktop software? ;)

Attached Files:

6. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Check p135 of the Mk3 manual... Many things are the same or similar between M+ and Mk3 that I think they've just lifted a lot of the content from the Mk3 manual. Sorry.

7. krixa

krixa NI Product Owner

Mk2 user here thinking about upgrading to either Mk3 or the +.

A thought I have regarding the plugins is that the new ones like the ones in MOD pack, Crush pack, Raum etc have very minimalistic GUIs compared to older plugins like the vintage reverbs/compressors and so on. The new interfaces looks like they COULD fit in one of the Maschine Mk3/+ screens while tweaking the plugin. Do you think this is a possible and likely feature coming? This could of course also affect the native Maschine plugins and sampler.

Or is the interface very hard designed to have "one knob for the parameter shown right above it". What do you think?

Cheers

8. olafmol

olafmol NI Product Owner

With the history of Maschine updates I wouldn't count on it. And I'm not sure how powerful the M+ GPU/graphics processing is. It would make sense to use the 2 screens: one to show the GUI of the effect, and the other to scroll through the parameters in banks using the top buttons and change stuff with the rotaries. But again, I wouldn't count on it. buy the Mk3 for what it currently delivers.

9. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

If the Mixer Menu can handle simple screen feedback for the moving meters then it should also be able to handle other similar things, however, I don't see much point in visual feedback for plugins that just have knobs (crush pack and similar)... It would look prettier but I don't see any added functionality. For plugins that have metering, visual eq curves and such it would be great tho.

Intel® HD Graphics 500 or 505, if that can handle simple 3D games it should be able to handle simple low res 2d animations.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ultradb

Ultradb New Member

Visual feedback would be very useful for Compressor, gain reduction

• Like Like x 3
  11. tetsuneko

tetsuneko NI Product Owner

Yes, A gain reduction meter is pretty essential for any serious compressor, hardware or software.

I also second the addition of Master output level metering.

I'm loving M+ by the way! A superb workflow for a groovebox, a nice mix of features form Elektron & Akai MPC products.
    This is a start of a beautiful new friendship <3

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Ultradb

Ultradb New Member

Totally agree, despite some glitches and bugs I really love it. It opens up in a whole dimension being standalone. Making beats outside the studio is awesome.
    Also it feels super powerful after Digitakt and others

13. dee-bunk

dee-bunk New Member

For me this is very important. Without the posibillity to use Jam it make no sense to buy MASCHINE + for me. Would be nice to hear a statement from NI about planing this in a further version or not.

14. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I think they said , they’re going to see what they can do

15. Discopotato

Discopotato NI Product Owner

I can’t seem to get the MIDI 5-Pin input to work on my Maschine+. I got USB MIDI working just fine, but if I use identical settings for the MIDI 5-pin input, nothing happens. I’m not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I figured I should post this bug somewhere on this forum.

16. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

It won't. It uses a different MIDI port (the Maschine port that doesn't have USB in the name).

17. Discopotato

Perhaps identical settings wasn’t the phrase I was looking for...

I have the M+ set to
    Source: USMAMA
    Channel: 1
    Thru: Off
    and the MPC set to
    MIDI Port: Maschine Plus MIDI 1
    Channel 1
    it works.

I have the M+ set to
    Source: MsPIPIM1
    Channel: 1
    MPC set to
    MIDI Port: MPC B
    Channel 1
    It doesn’t work.

18. Thomas Seifert

Thomas Seifert New Member

I am seriously considering to buy a Maschine+: What portable external power-source would you suggest? (I have an Omnicharge that I use as backup for my Denon prime Go. Is there a more convenient way to power the Maschine+ eg through USB or DC?) Thx & congrats to NI - this thing looks like it‘s magic!

19. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

In the settings/midi check they’re enabled

20. Discopotato

Yup it’s enabled, The M+ doesn’t let you choose a port as a source if it is not enabled. I tried enabling both the MIDI DIN and USB as well as just one. The MIDI output works fine but only the USB input will work. I appreciate your help, but do you know if the MIDI DIN input works on your M+?

I’ve been wondering if my unit is a dud. I’ve already had 4 crashes today while trying to use it as a sound module for my MPC Live II. 3 crashes were while the M+ was idle and I wasn’t even doing anything and the 4th crash was right after I tested the MIDI DIN output the first time (which worked that time and still worked after it rebooted itself).