1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Announcing: Maschine+

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 8, 2020.

1. the_shinster

the_shinster New Member

Congrats, NI! What a huge step forward. Now... wishing for a Maschine+ STUDIO with more outputs, an open m.2 slot, and a word clock!

• Like Like x 1
  2. luuf

luuf NI Product Owner

Will you consider releasing the OS, so it's possible to run it outside of Maschine+ ? (Would be awesome to have laptop that is Maschine/Daw only...)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  3. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

I think NI should just send a free unit to D-One as a token of appreciation for everything he has done here on the forum in the last years.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Scho33

Scho33 New Member

I'd love to see the Komplete Lightguide function implemented in Maschine (Keyboard mode) as well (in General) so that drums from e.g. Abbey Road are Colour coded in Keyboard mode on Maschine Hardware - in general…
    I expect when you link a Komplete Kontrol S via USB to the Maschine+ that it is not possible to see the Lightguide of NKS compatible VSTs ?!
    I would be positively surprised if the opposite is the case - that you can see the lightguide on connected Kontrol S' (and even better if the lightguide would be also visible on Maschine+' Pads in Keyboard mode.
    Then it would be an excellent option to buy the Maschine+ as hardware to take to gigs with the Kontrol S instead of a laptop.
    I know that mostly the Maschine is used for more electro related purposes but it is also good hardware for other music - (unfortunately) with restrictions...

5. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I heard A fully functioning kk is a possibility

6. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

You can colour any of the pads in either pad or keyboard mode to whatever you want so although you'd have to do it manually, you can emulate any light guide colourings.

7. aqirforce2high

aqirforce2high NI Product Owner

Atom processor is kinda yikes. This thing is gonna be underpowered AF if you're doing anything more than sampling.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Relgado

Relgado New Member

Great to see, thanks for the heads up!

• Like Like x 1
  9. HugoClubs

HugoClubs NI Product Owner

+1 for Jam interaction with maschine+

Step sequencing with the Jam and Maschine+ would be the beast workflow <3

But if NI don’t provide it, I suppose that maybe the Novation Launchpad Pro MK3 will do the trick.

I suppose it would increase the value of the Jam that can be found for as little as 100€ :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  10. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Not true at all

• Like Like x 1
  11. aqirforce2high

aqirforce2high NI Product Owner

I mean ok maybe a little hyperbole but an atom is definitely gonna leave people butting up against CPU overhead if they are plugin hungry

12. Rituun

Rituun New Member

looks pretty sweet, do anyone understood if you can run your Kontakt libraries inthere ( kns ones at least? ) there seems to be a kontakt player ( and micromachines) but what about other kontakt banks ?
    if so I'll buy it for sure ( and hope it won't be 2mins loading...)

13. HugoClubs

They can add them all to the maschine+ library, still I don’t think we will be able to use a reasonable amount of VST/plugins together in the same project.

I am no computer tech expert but looking at the specs, I am afraid this will be the biggest limitation of Maschine+. 4GB of RAM looks very mediocre for the potential of Komplete Ultimate Bundle. 16GB of RAM is a more realistic number imo to handle all the panoply of komplete, and that wouldn’t have cost much more money. I hope that in near the future they increase the RAM.

That being said, I will wait to see JAM integration and a YouTube review testing VSTs/Plugins to Maschine+’s limit!

14. HugoClubs

I am :p

I mean... If you own a Komplete bundle you have to be right? :cool:

15. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I’m no expert on that either, but from what I’ve heard , the plugins are headless , so they don’t need the graphic rendering like on a computer , that saves on cpu resources , it also runs a tailor made maschine /plugins software version and doesn’t do all the background stuff a computer does

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

It has a built in cpu meter too

• Like Like x 1
  17. O2GA

O2GA New Member

Hi, Dream comes true!!
    I have 4 quetions though:
    1- Can we sample external audio, it looks like yes but just to be sure!!
    2- I'm already on Maschine mikro and have expansions can it be use on Mashine+?
    3- Let say I'm using an isntrument like Massive, can I access all the massive parameter and create my own sound or oly presset are usable?
    4- last one, weird question I know but can it works on battery (no need to power it on the main I mean)?

Thanks a lot for you feedback and thumb up for the great stuff!

18. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

1-yes
    2-yes
    3-yes ( I’m pretty sure )
    4-yes (apparently for 10+ hours )

19. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

3- actually not sure but I’m positive you can at least import your own presets/snapshots from the computer versions

20. O2GA

O2GA New Member

Damned; if "- 4" is yes then it's really a dream comes true for me!! :)