1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Announcing: Maschine+

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 8, 2020.

1. RomanWave

RomanWave New Member

USB flash drive is Solid State Drive technology.
    I didn't mislead anyone, why are you so aggressive? Your questions was "But how to edit them directly in standalone?"

2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Thanks, but that doesn't show anything about editing automation, just creating automation of external synths.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Koltovich

Koltovich NI Product Owner

100% I agree. This is not convenient and why not use them as a connection for peripheral devices.

I did not notice. Everything works well for me.

I'm sorry. I'm not aggressive. Just translation costs ... Got you.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2020
  4. Koltovich

Then I don't know what you want. Or what you wanted to see. I showed Automation. Automation works and can be edited. That is, you can automate the parameters of CC changes on external devices. I demonstrate this. And I also say that you cannot appoint new CCs and Program Changes. This is in the video.

5. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Technically, you showed some control of external MIDI devices, not automation of CCs (it was manual) and not editing any recorded automation i.e., changing what has been programmed/recorded. You, understandably, didn't show this because it currently can't be done with M+. Automation/modulation can't even be viewed yet, never mind edited.

6. Koltovich

It is not convenient for me that it is impossible to switch to Stаndelon mode from Controller mode without running the Maschine software. Switching from Standelon mode to Controller mode is easy. Going back with running software is easy. If the Maschine software is not running and the Maschine+ is used as an audio interface, then I cannot find a way (except to disconnect the power cord and insert it back). Did I miss something? Is there another way I don't know about?

7. errortrax

errortrax NI Product Owner

You can power recycle by holding the power button. But not very sexy. Feels like my laptop.

• Like Like x 1
  8. errortrax

Native needs to implement automation view/edit on the hardware, it's a no brainer for a standalone. Just like we have for velocity.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

Better ways of switching between modes is definitely necessary. Ideally, I'd like to be able to seamlessly switch between an M+ standalone Project and controller mode controlling an instance on a laptop (just like we can switch between different instances already).

• Like Like x 1
  10. Koltovich

I talked about editing CC. This is not possible yet. These are all translation costs. I don't understand what you mean by Automation. Automation is working. I can turn the Filter and Resonance knob and any other parameters on the Machine + which will change the parameters on the external device and set them to Automation. Then rewrite or reset it. And so many times. And these knobs will turn automatically at my will. For me, this is Automation and its editing.

11. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

I think that's the point: resetting and writing the automation again is not editing in my book. Recording, then changing those recorded values is editing, which is not possible (yet). Perhaps pedantic or a technicality at least, but important to not mislead. ;)

12. Koltovich

100%

Wow! Thanks! I held the button for 5+ seconds and it switches! Previously, he did not hold for so long and he did not switch to another mode ...

Yes. Yes. And there is. I didn't mean to be misled. Google translation costs.
    Again, the translation is crooked .... I didn't want to mislead anyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Koltovich

1. I noticed that on my copy of Maschine+ the buttons require more pressing. I compare with the MK3, which I have gotten used to over the years. Tactile sensations are different. If you gently press the button on Maschine+, it may not work. You need to press again with great effort. Do you have such a problem? I noticed that the material of the buttons (rubber) is softer than the MK3. I am sure that if the user did not have MK3, then he will not notice the difference. But the impression is a little spoiled. At MK3 they have lightning-fast response when pressed gently. On Maschine+ you have to knock like pads.
    2. Multi-tasking joystick. The first impression I got when unpacking was - wow !!! cool! Cold, pleasant to the touch. Now, after a while, I noticed that when I press it "down", it periodically presses to the "left". This is especially noticeable in the "settings" mode, when you flip through the icons. Periodically incorrect pressing. Do you have such a problem? I didn't have this problem on MK3. Everything is clearly pressed. The tactile sensation is not so pleasant (plastic), but it works more accurately.
    3. Is your metal coating ideal? Are there any small burrs on the metal end? How reliable do you think it is? I have a couple of leads. It was not me who set them. They were out of the box. They are small. But you can see from them that the coating is gentle. Light aluminum under dark gray paint.

14. djadidai

djadidai NI Product Owner

1: you can change pad sensitivity. Standard is 75, i put mine to 100, you can find that in settings.

2: no problem with big rotary knob here, works perfectly, try being more precise when you use it.

3: not sure what you mean.

nazdrovje!

15. Koltovich

1. I'm not talking about pads. I'm talking about buttons. They are not regulated.

2. It's not how I click? Trust me, I know how a joystick works. I have an MK3 with such a joystick. I bought MK3 at the start of sales. MK3 doesn't have this problem. Do you have false positives? Have you had MK3 before? Is there anything to compare with? I can't understand if this is my copy or from many.

3. I mean the scratches on the corner (at the joint). Surface damage from mechanical stress. Not very large, but you can feel it if you hold it with your hand. This can be seen if you look closely. Not noticeable from afar. Processing or assembly problem. Probably, the Chinese dropped the panel on the floor ... They picked it up from the floor and glued it on. I received this copy.

16. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Yes, the tactile switches are different and might require a bit more force, especially the shift button (at least for me), if not pressed hard enough and right on the center it glitches a bit. The rubber feels the same to me.
    BTW... The buttons (tactile switches) on all my Maschine's are different (Mikro Mk3, Mk3, Mas+), on the Mikro for example it's a much sharper and loud click.

For the 4D Encoder its the same thing, different switches = different feel, it's just a regular encoder with switches around it, it's not really a joystick, to me the one on Mas+ feels much better than on the MK3.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Koltovich

Thanks! This is the answer I wanted to receive.

18. errortrax

3. Not the best quality control, mine also has small burrs on one corner, on the edge of the metal plate underneath. At this price level it shouldn't have left the factory. It's only cosmetic but M- on that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. djadidai

djadidai NI Product Owner

Can u post a pic of what it looks like? I will do a thorough check

• Like Like x 1
  20. Koltovich

IMG_20201101_083949.jpg IMG_20201101_084008.jpg