1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Announcing: Maschine+

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 8, 2020.

1. lucaless

lucaless NI Product Owner

What about logic compatibility? Any improvements in that area?

2. Alex1974

Alex1974 New Member

Any news on this already?

3. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

No not yet

4. brandonbrandon1633

brandonbrandon1633 New Member

Two Questions:
    How many individual track outputs will I be able to send over USB?
    Will I able to install all of my Native Instruments products on Maschine+?

5. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

Seems not as internal storage is limited to 32gb for maschine expansions. The SD card expansion is specifically stated as user samples. there is no clear mention of Kontakt libraries onboard, which implies only machine libraries and select instruments will be internal. I was hoping an ssd or bigger storage could be installed/upgraded, but not likely. .

6. eye776

eye776 New Member

Well this kind of is an Atom compute stick hardwired onto a Maschine MK3 running a specialized linux distro.

From my own experience an Atom x5-z8350 Win10 tablet with 4GB of RAM, running Maschine 2 software has workable performance even with a few instances of Monark or Super8. Obviously that Atom x5-z8350 with 4GB of RAM couldn't possibly run multiple instances of say orchestral libraries in Kontakt.

Then again the competition's equivalents also have expansions as their bread & butter.

7. kultschar

kultschar NI Product Owner

Anybody know when we will start seeing advance reviews in the media?

8. JC96

JC96 New Member

Congratulations N.I! Looks beautiful. I've been using Maschine since the first version and have been waiting for this. To be able to chill on the sofa messing with beats and then just take up to the studio room, plugin in and use vst and do some serious mixing

How is automation going to be handled? Are we going to see automation lanes made visible on the screens?

9. CH7

CH7 NI Product Owner

Well the Maschine+ looks beautiful, there's no denighing that, looks just like my mk3 ;) It apparently has a quad core inside, just like my laptop, sweet. I hope this means multi core, multi threading issues have been sorted.

What caught my eye was the apparent inclusion of FM8. Dose this mean the regular Maschine will also get fm8?
    If not, what if you have a regular Maschine as your studio Maschine, and you get the Maschine+ for travel, supposing you create something using fm8 and want to import it to your other device, would you have to purchase fm8 again??

How do you maintain compatibility?

10. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

Trust Aldread, he knows what he's talking about (we have both heard the same things and what he's saying is consistent with what I've heard). Portable battery packs should work - I wouldn't worry about the connector.

• Like Like x 2
  11. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

It will probably be the same as on the current Maschine controller, so no.

12. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

1. All expansions except for one will work on Standalone from what I've heard. (One uses a plugin that isn't available, but its the only one)
    2. Yes, from: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-plus/compare/
    "Power Needs PSU (Included). Can be USB powered in controller mode"

• Like Like x 1
  13. eclipxe

eclipxe NI Product Owner

Expansions should all be installable. Other products (Synths, etc) don't appear to be installable - maybe in the future?

14. HugoClubs

HugoClubs NI Product Owner

They mention you can use Kontakt Factory Library. I am sure! Check again.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/production-systems/maschine-plus/sounds/

I didn’t see anywhere that the SD card restrictions you are talking about, but that being true it is a huge brick wall for future Kontakt libraries being usable inside M+

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  15. HugoClubs

HugoClubs NI Product Owner

16. Bodhi Beats

Bodhi Beats NI Product Owner

17. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 2
  18. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 3
  19. MilesMatrix