1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Announcing Massive X Expansions: Haze, Quest, and Bounce

Discussion in 'MASSIVE + MASSIVE X' started by Mick @ NI, May 27, 2021.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

img-ce-massive-x-expansions-3-product-page-02a-pre-sos-v3-f1f1bde39a572fce0f31a16ad618808b-d@2x.jpg

Haze
    There’s no fire without smoke. Weave through 150 misty melodic leads, nebulous pads, and stratospheric sounds. HAZE hits the spot with cloudy trap, drill, and grime hooks. Morph between synth flavors with custom blend macros on many presets, and tweak things further for trippy, twisted heat.

Quest
    Glowing vintage polysynth sounds, buttery pads, and warm bass bring essential 90s and 2000s vibes to MASSIVE X. From filtered leads to anthemic organs, plucks, arps, and keys, explore melodic R&B flavors as well as classic sounds from the golden era of hip hop.

Bounce
    BOUNCE packs 150 one-shot style sounds that cover everything from heavy-hitting kicks and 808s to essential trap percussion, dusty old-school sounds, energetic risers, and lots more. From UK drill to West Coast styles, reggaeton rhythms to banging afrobeat – you’ll find it here.

All info + sound demos and playthrough videos: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/expansions/massive-x-expansions/

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. telefunkin

telefunkin New Member

Great, but where should they be installed? I put them in my user area in their own folders, and although all the individual presets show they don't retain their folder structure. So, although I'm happy that I have all the sounds it would have been nice to have them in separate groups, so I could audition just the new sounds. Otherwise, I have to work through the whole set of old and new sounds hoping to discover something new.

3. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey there,
    When you install this expansion, the presets are installed automatically, you will find them in your browser, with the Factory Library :

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 15.39.11.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. telefunkin

telefunkin New Member

Hi, thanks for the reply but that's what I did first - installed to the default location - the location where Our House is installed for example. Like I said, I expected that the new folders (Moebius, Mechanics, Scene, Rush, Pulse, etc) would show up as folders just like on your picture, but all I see is Drive and Our House, and not the rest. Yes I did re-scan too. That's why I shifted them to the user area, and after scanning again the individual presets show up, but not as drives like Our House. I just have a few hundred sounds in my user area now. So, what could I be doing differently/wrong with the install?

5. Jeremy @ NI

Jeremy @ NI Support Team NI Team

Hey telefunkin,
    How did you proceed to "shift" the presets, did you just copy the files ? I would suggest to delete those presets from the expansion from your user presets section, reinstall the expansions and then reset the database, as explained in this article : Some Presets are Missing in MASSIVE X
    If that doesn't do the trick, we'll have to get a closer look, so please get in touch through this typeform : https://bit.ly/NISupport_Synth