Announcing: Traktor DJ 2

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by Mick @ NI, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

2. anciano

anciano New Member

Can i use my s2 mk3 with my Ipad and Traktor Dj 2?

3. Terry Ferg

Terry Ferg New Member

Excited for the new DJ 2 app and software - would love to beta test :)

Overall love how Traktor is releasing and devoloping their new software - MVP is the way to go vs going crazy with features.

Having an iPad app synced with desktop version is ideal IMO - besides being an amazing backup system, I personally would love to ditch the laptop altogether and just plug in the iPad to a mixer/controller.

I hope the new software maintains how TP does looping. It’s the only software that does looping right - from saving loops to being able to activate those loops before or while in saved loop area.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Terry Loggins

Terry Loggins New Member

Also interested in beta testing.

I’ve been using the DJay as a backup on iPad, and have been impressed with overall stability. But it would be ideal to have a Traktor version that syncs between desktop and iPad versions.

As others have said, it would be great to just plugin to a controller or mixer and leave the laptop behind. The iPad has been extremely stable for me using large uncompressed files, and I really like using the touchscreen for fx.

A couple things I would like to see:
    1.) library view options for song comments, bpm, and key text.
    2.) maintain looping feature - eg: activate loop
    3.) basic midi mapping capability

Overall excited for the direction Traktor is headed with its new software!

5. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

I can't believe this is finally happening. That's all I have.

6. Jike

Jike NI Product Owner

Traktor Pro 3 is now storing the tags (Cues, loops...) in the files since the 3.1 version (See in options).

I think that thoses tags will be readable by Traktor DJ 2, that will be nice !

And i hope it can be done in the other way : TDJ > TP3... That mean that it must be done by a separate syncing, not with iTunes
    because i don't think iTunes let others apps modify the tracks and do a "reverse" syncing... (iPad > computer).

7. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

I am afraid that the 'storing option' does not tell us anything. TPro (also 2.x) always stored such metadata (cue, loops) in collection.nml AND in the files!.Many user did not like this 'double' saving (in particular want to forbid than T is touching and writing into original files) but T did it in a non documented and proprietary way (more details see e.g. Traktor bible) ... so i assume this is a reaction from NI to switch off for these user. But I did not test new Traktor yet (so i have no details), so feel free to share a options screen.

And yes I hope they implement any syncing .. (iTunes independent, because as I know the iOS API on iPad does not allow to read such tags at all). But I have my doubts, e.g. listen included video here (min 5:33): https://www.digitaldjtips.com/2019/01/first-look-traktor-dj-2-software-with-soundcloud-streaming/ ... sounds even more worse, even between iOS no sync ? I hope at least this will be in TDJ2 (current TD1 can), so we will see.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  8. AcidAlex303

AcidAlex303 NI Product Owner

So where is Traktor DJ 2? Really looking forward to trying it out.

9. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

Traktor DJ 2 is real and in beta testing. There’s a lot to like about it already. It’s got a crisp UI. The new looping UI is way more accessible and intuitive. And some things that’s odd and missing. I’m unsure if I’m allowed to discuss this publicly so I won’t yet.

10. AcidAlex303

Could you answer a few questions that aren’t related to Traktor DJ 2 itself?

I assume you own an S2 MK3? When an iPad is connected to the iOS port on the S2 does it provide power to the S2, or do you need the S2 plugged into a power adapter?

Conversely, if the S2 is plugged in to a power adapter will it charge the iPad?

Finally, if the S2 is plugged in to a USB power source (powered speaker, USB charger etc.) will it charge the iPad?

Thanks
    Alex

11. GenErik

GenErik Active Member

I do not own the S2, I have a Z1. For the record, it needs to be powered and will charge the iPad.

12. AcidAlex303

Okay thanks, so I assume the S2 MK3 will be the same. Any idea when it will available?

13. msilver31

msilver31 New Member

hello, sorry, my english is very bad.

is the support from native to the dj app for ipad deactivated? the last update is from 2017? thay what? o_O

supportet the app the s2mk2?

14. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

you are right, the last update is some time ago .. (but be happy having an iPad .. the iPhone version is even older ;))
    YES, TDJ is still in the app store and gets supported (it is the official product from NI, the planned TDJ2 is not published yet)

15. Djtwok

Djtwok NI Product Owner

Any chance of a release date ? Spring is here.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AcidAlex303

Agreed! Are we talking days, weeks or months?

• Like Like x 2
  17. sundancer67

sundancer67 New Member

Agreed! Come on Native: tell us when it´s coming ..... we´re waiting long enough....

• Like Like x 1
  18. msilver31

msilver31 New Member

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  19. AcidAlex303

Could NI please give us an ETA?

• Like Like x 1
  20. dENoiZEr

dENoiZEr New Member

Spring 2019 or 2020?