1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

Announcing: Traktor Kontrol S2 MK3

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

2. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

there is one important info missed: Which TDJ (Traktor DJ) version will support the new S2 .. the current one, a new one, or no one at all ??
    (we can see an iOS port at backside, the new S4 does not have one)

3. dj_estrela

dj_estrela Well-Known Member

"the full version of TRAKTOR PRO 3 included"

4. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Yes, i know, have seen .. what i meant is Traktor DJ (iOS app, not the T Pro on Mac/Windows) the old S4mk2 worked well with TDJ

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wyley

Wyley NI Product Owner

That’s a good question.

Although there’s no ios port on the new s4 it could still be plugged in like we do with our kontrollers now with the supplied cable maybe.

Or maybe there might be too much going on with the new features like the screens and motorized platters to be fully useable with tdj

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  6. IT WRKS

IT WRKS New Member

There is a USB A port on the back of the new S4 Mk3 names "HUB." I believe this is for iOS devices. The traditional USB B input is back there as well.

7. carlodini

carlodini NI Product Owner

I had a live chat last night with ni. The s4 mk2 is backwards compatible with the new software - if this helps

8. SinDJ

SinDJ New Member

Hello! I noticed that there are no volume/cue knobs for the headphones on the front. How will this be done with the new S2? Hopefully it won't be necessary to use the touchpad or a mouse to control these functions within the software, I use those knobs on my S2 often.

Less important, but also interesting, how come there are no 6.35mm outs anymore and only the RCA remain?

9. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

The headphone mix and volume knobs are in the middle, above the FX select buttons.

10. Moxie

Moxie NI Product Owner

Please give ETA for S2 MK3 compatibility with TDJ!

11. ambientcloud

ambientcloud NI Product Owner

Is there a driver available so that I can use the Kontrol S2 MK3 with my old Traktor Pro 2 software? I just bought the MK3 and I can't find a driver anywhere. It works fine with the new Traktor Pro 3 software, so a driver must be built into Pro 3. I need a stand-alone Windows 7 driver for Pro 2.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  12. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

It's not about the driver, HID support has to be built into the Traktor software. Unless you can put the MK3 controllers in MIDI mode and map them yourself, Traktor Pro 2 will not support them.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  13. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

Just seen your older but iteresting post, could you explain in more detail what you mean?
    - which software, Traktor Pro or Traktor DJ (iOS) ?
    - do you speak about the new S4 (which is mk3) or about the years old S4mk2
    Thx.

14. Djcesarmolina

Djcesarmolina New Member

so i was wondering..since this new s2 does not have the 3 effect knobs with a dedicated wet and dry knob to control is there a possibility to use an x1with the s2 so we can at least control how much of the effect we want ?

• Like Like x 2
  15. IT WRKS

IT WRKS New Member

Yes. My mappings from TP2 still work flawlessly, I use it for decks C&D and I mapped it through the Traktor controller manager within Traktor a few years ago.

16. Djcesarmolina

Djcesarmolina New Member

so id be able to use the x1 to control effects on decks a & b while still using the s2 mk3?

17. IT WRKS

IT WRKS New Member

For a second time the answer is YES. The X1 is still fully supported and can do exactly what you want it to do.

18. Fryer77

Fryer77 NI Product Owner

in specifications for traktor kontrol s2 mk3, said windows 10 is required? does it means it wont work on windows 8.1 machine? traktor pro 2 works just fine and i see that traktor pro 3 supports windows 8.1? thnx for some info because im about to buy s2 , but my laptop is 8,1.

19. IT WRKS

IT WRKS New Member

20. Damien L

Damien L New Member

Hi there ,
    Was previously using the S2 mk 2 and TP2 was marvellous, but the S2 mk2 went faulty after 4 years so i decide to change for a S2 MK3 and i saw after that the spec are for mac 10.12 mini (to get TP3) but that's strange the N.A didn't provide the drivers to get it run on the TP2 version. Did someone got an idea if they will do these drivers. I've tried all the options but not of it worked...Maybe send back my S2 mk3.

Thank you for your answer.