Announcing: Traktor Kontrol S3

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by Mick @ NI, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Mick @ NI

Mick @ NI Banaholic NI Team

2. Dirk L.

Dirk L. New Member

S3 at the same price as the S4 mk2????? How logic is that? And what does this mean for the S4 mk3? Is haptic now death?

3. Stormchild

Stormchild NI Product Owner

No deck FX. Seems designed for Traktor DJ, yet it has four decks and Traktor DJ only supports two. No power button. Less powerful than the S2 mk2. What’s the point of this thing?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

i feel same .. have no idea why NI focused on a 'poor' S4 (instead any exciting X1new, D5new supporting Traktor DJ2 ... all would have been better than a S2/S4 between i feel) :( bad portfolio decison imho (except TDJ2 would support 4 deck in near future with S3, then it could make some sense for me)

5. djvalho

djvalho NI Product Owner

I don't know if much thought was put into this. The price point of the S3 should be the price of the S4 MK3. Anybody with a S4 mk2 would not even consider this one. I think this is suppose to fall between the S2 and the S4 but people may opt to buy the old S4 mk2 instead for the same price or even less used. The pricing should be more like $300-S2, $500- S3 and $700- S4. The S3 is what it is, but not worth the money.

6. Kalo

Kalo Active Member

agree in total :thumbsup:I also own a S4mk2 .. works perfect with TDJ1 and meanwhile also with TDJ2 .. with TPro anyhow, buying an older S4 is cheaper and makes much more sense for me .. my old S4 has nice loop length display and great FX section for both decks, much longer pitch fader, mirrored deck for fader (so nice), also 4 deck .. so why would someone need a s3, don't get it too) .. get me right: I always love if NI produces controller, also the S3 .. but why do they not spend their limited resources into controller which are missed !?! (e.g. a X1mk3 or D2 update .. with TPro AND TDJ support)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
  7. Jonathan Blake

Jonathan Blake New Member

Hello Mick, just done the new Controller Editor update (after deleting the original) - the S3 is STILL not showing in the Kontrol drop-down menu. My software however IS showing the S3. Any ideas..?

8. maxvel

maxvel NI Product Owner

Hii after updating windows 10, the sound card does not connect
    output routing not connected whot cen i do?
    traktor kontrol s 3

9. Jonathan Blake

Jonathan Blake New Member

Have you assigned your Output Channels - Headphones L & R and Master L & R ?

10. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

Reinstall ASIO driver?

11. NST_yuriy

NST_yuriy NI Product Owner

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  12. NST_yuriy

really want to buy this device, but there is no understanding on the above issues ((

13. Cheef Roberts

Yes to questions 1 and 3 but I can't see an Asio driver for the S3 so maybe it doesn't support it which is strange as the S2 MK3 has an Asio driver download and that's a cheaper model. There is always ASIO4ALL.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. NST_yuriy

Traktor Kontrol S3 dont support asio((((((((((((

15. RTudor

RTudor New Member

Can you use the Channel D external audio of the S3 with iOS Traktor DJ 2 (ie audio through)? I would like to be able to mix a turntable with the two internal decks.

16. Cheef Roberts

The line in on channel D does not have a phono pre-amp so unless your turntable has one you can't connect it. The S4 has 2 line in that that support phono.

17. RTudor

RTudor New Member

Thanks, I do have a pre-amp I can run it though so this is not a problem, however can you "cue" the track using the headphones and do the EQ's work when doing so. I know this will working using Traktor Pro, but I'm interested to know if it will work with iOS and Traktor DJ 2? Thanks

18. NST_yuriy

So why give advice if you aren't in the know? At first it was all YES, I bought the device and am disappointed.
    • ASIO is not supported.
    • Recording also does not work in Traktor, when using line in. Writes - it is impossible to record at the moment, although the button is active.
    I don’t understand the company Nativ Instruments at all. They made support for the Abelton link, but normally the tractor and machines will not work, since there is no adjustment and through the S3 input, the sound will lag behind line in, and there is no native MIDI SYNC in the tractor, I must download a separate utility for Windows from the Internet.

In my opinion, the price of the device is very overrated, although I see discounts on S3 and probably not just like that ...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Cheef Roberts

Yes channel D has a cue and it works for internal Traktor use and external line in.

20. Cheef Roberts

Recording does work in Traktor whether it be internal Traktor audio or external audio from the line in. You probably have it set up incorrectly. If you are not happy with the product send it back. I own the S4 MK3 and it is a much better piece of equipment imo which is reflected in the price. You can run external audio through all 4 channels, 2 of which have phono pre-amps for turntables. ASIO is also supported.