1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE
NOTICE:

Our Traktor Pro Public Beta is available again in our new online community. Join us if you want to try new features.

MORE INFO

Announcing: Traktor Kontrol S4 MK3

Discussion in 'KONTROL S2 / KONTROL S3 / KONTROL S4' started by Mick @ NI, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Krotos

Krotos NI Product Owner

WTF? Windows 10 only?
    Wow, anyone using Windows 10 for DJ'n in clubs and bars need their brain tested, NI you just lost a long term customer!
    Using Windows 10 for audio applications is crazy, and I am a Microsoft Certified Englineer!

2. DJ Flex I

DJ Flex I NI Product Owner

Did several parties with windows 10, no issues at all. But.. very important, stop the WiFi.. it's a must.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tellmeaboutit123

Tellmeaboutit123 NI Product Owner

NI will come good, they always do, albeit took them a while to drop new hardware. Seems they wanted to make sure haptic was spot on knowing there would be bugs and quirks to iron out. I

4. Krotos

Krotos NI Product Owner

I just wish NI would port Traktor to Linux, Windows is going in a bad direction for audio apllications full stop. Dont get me wrong, I really do know Windows very well and its great for some thing, just not audio anymore :(
    Now if Traktor was available on Linux (you know like Mixxx is) that would be epic!

5. Kristiyan Panchuk

Kristiyan Panchuk New Member

Hi guys!!! Need your advice, so i’m looking for new traktor s4 mk3. I’m only starting my DJ career and i want to learn how to beatmatch by ear. So actually my dream is CDJ 2000 NXS and DJM 900 but they are so expensive for me. So i decided to buy the new traktor, and i want now to learn beatmatching by ear on proffesional level?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  6. Tellmeaboutit123

Tellmeaboutit123 NI Product Owner

Yes you can. Put in TT mode, turn sync off and cover the small screens so you can’t see the BPM. Then start your two tracks learn using pitch fader and nudging the platter to slow or speed up to get both tracks in time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ErikMinekus

ErikMinekus NI Product Owner

You can learn to beatmatch by ear on any $200-250 2-channel controller with jog wheels and pitch faders, you don't need CDJs or even the S4.

And if you've just started DJing, also look at other DJ software like Serato or Rekordbox. They have much better music library management.

8. rukayalanggeng

rukayalanggeng New Member

So, do you guys know how to use drum machine such as roland tr8 and s4mk3 and sync it accurately like the s4 mk1?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

9. Stevan

Stevan NI Product Owner

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wire

Wire New Member

11. Cheef Roberts

Cheef Roberts NI Product Owner

The deck select buttons change the colour from blue to orange.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Wire

Wire New Member

Deck A and B is blue and i want to change it into red

13. Wire

Wire New Member

Trying to change to hole machine colour from blue to red

14. andyfoz

andyfoz NI Product Owner

PAINT BRUSH?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Wire

Wire New Member

Very stupid reply Andy

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. nunzio

nunzio New Member

Hello everyone, I don't know if this is the right section to discuss this issue, so I apologize in advance if it isn't.

I need help as I can't solve it myself, I have problems with console s4 mk3. I think calibration problems of the jog wheels, they have lost sensitivity, in TT mode they turn by themselves back and forth very fast, but in fact not even the other keys in general respond in time, there is like a delay from the moment I press the key to the response of the softwer.

I state that I have the latest mac with M1 chip (I have read that it gives problems) and I have installed the latest relase of traktor and all drivers / softwers are updated.

I would like to attach a video to explain myself but I can't upload it
    Thanks in advance for the answers.

17. Sergioguerrero

Sergioguerrero New Member

Me tiré más de 5 horas buscando información sobre cómo conectar el sonido de un portatil a un canal de la mesa y nada de nada, he probado cambiando configuración, cables y nada, no consiguió hacer que funcionar la mesa con Pro 3 y meter Sonido de un dispositivo externo a un canal.lo único que se me ha ocurrido es comprar una mezcladora externa a parte, pero gastarte 800 € en una mezcladora para ahora comprar otra pequeña me parece de risa

18. Ferrarist

Ferrarist New Member

It has been over a month since the last update on the new Mac OS Monterey. I would like to know when I can use my Kontrol S4 with the new OS version?