1. Please do not install macOS 10.15 Catalina yet, as Native Instruments software and hardware products are not supported under macOS 10.15 yet. For more info, please go HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Annoying Cue Point Functionality. Play button delays when pressed??

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR DJ (for iPhone and iPad)' started by dj_johnnyfive, Feb 24, 2014.

1. dj_johnnyfive

dj_johnnyfive New Member

I have been searching all week for this and cannot figure out why the cue points do not work properly. Nor does the play button. About 70% of the time it seems to delay the start instead of starting from where you wanted to.

I tried playing from the beat grid and that works sometimes but then sometimes it doesn't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you

2. trance alba

trance alba Forum Member

I only had that problem until I moved the first beat of the beat grid (the thick one every four beats) onto the first beat of the track.

After then, with sync on, just make sure you hit play on or slightly for the moment you want to. Pressing it too late can sometimes result in a 4 beat delay, ie the next time the two tracks will have their bars in sync.

3. djtorchmusic

djtorchmusic Forum Member

I had the same issue. Sometimes it was cool, sometimes it was not.

4. LGW

LGW NI Product Owner

Sync on or off?

With sync on, Playback starts not before the synced beat has been reached (so if the cue is on a two, the second deck also needs to be at a two to start playback). If you hit play too late (too close to the beat), it will wait another four beats to start. You can identify this case by the play bar already moving over the track while there is no playback!

Otherwise, the play button should play immediately - there is a minor delay though you have to get used to. for me, that delay was quite stable though (iPad mini).

5. dj_johnnyfive

dj_johnnyfive New Member

I tried it two Friday's in a row and it just seems a little glitchy. The first half of the night whenever I hit cue it would be right on point. Then later in the night it would seem to lag. *sync on and off throughout the night

And still do not understand why you can't just hit play from where the beat is set up. But instead it delays two to four beats.

6. Pablo Whelan

Pablo Whelan New Member

this is really stupid function. I assume its NI trying to make the app more usable for amateur DJs so that the 2 tracks are not only beat synced but also in phase. No NI! When I hit play I want it to play.

7. Pablo Whelan

Pablo Whelan New Member

just found a work-around: set a loop at the beginning of the track, hit play at the given moment and then turn off loop quickly. I've ticketed NI about this problem.

Has anyone an article explaining the key signature system?

8. Djxtra

Djxtra New Member

Me personally using cue point I try to mix it 4 beats before I want to n then cross fade it over if it's in where I want it and syncs is ok but I would prefer a button to show the record going round n be able to slow/speed up by touching the edge of the deck like on a real vinyl turntable

9. Smirge

Smirge New Member

Yes. Got Traktor DJ for iPhone today, this is infuriating.

Traktor poses no problems when I use sync with my X1's, and lets me start on whatever beat I want yet remain synced. This is surely not rocket science - having a piece of software automatically decide for me where I want a cue point is defying the whole point of one's DJing identity. Great for newbies, sure, but a slap in the face of serious DJ's who already know how to mix.

10. Chipley

Chipley Forum Member

Sounds to me like you're doing it wrong... have you looked into the beat grid and quantizing in Traktor DJ? I've started djing using tow Technic 1200s and a mixer back in 1995, learned about Traktor Dj a year and a half+ ago, dled it, started playing with it, learned how use it properly, and have never had the problem you mention. In fact, I got a S2 MK2 recently just so I could be completely hands-off the iPad.