1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Any tips on lessoning the CPU load in Studio Drummer ??

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by yzf125, Feb 12, 2014.

1. yzf125

yzf125 NI Product Owner

Hey guys, Any tips on lessoning the CPU load in Studio Drummer ?? I play it with my Roland TD-12 live and I can sit there and watch the CPU meter run between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way up at all times during playing, I cant dial back the effects as I need them for the sound of the kit preset for each song, Would adding more memory help me out ? I have 8gb now and ordered 8 more to make it 16gb.

Also I have a quad core i7 4770, How do I know if I am using all 4 cores ? I run in Reaper and Cubase Ai6 as the host, any way to know whats going on with core usage ?

Thanks for any help !

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Well-Known Member

First check if multiprocessing is enabled in Kontakt Options->Engine. Then, in Reaper, see if you have multiprocessing enabled for live input, that might help (Preferences->Audio->Buffering).

More RAM won't help you, this is purely regarding CPU.

3. trebot000

trebot000 NI Product Owner

I have been having the same issues with K5 in Maschine. It seems anytime I use any of the Abbey Road Drums from K9U, I get horrible CPU spikes and audio crackles. I just got K5 back up and running after sometime dealing with an error and this is the first I've gotten to use it in Maschine 2.0. I had the same issues with Superior Drummer before but have not tried it recently. Please post if you find a solution.