1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Any way to convert a whole Akai disc at once?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by Thompson, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thompson

Thompson New Member

I see that programs can be dragged into instruments, but can a whole Akai disc be converted at once and each program saved into instruments on the hardrive? I see this as missing, but perhaps I've overlooked something.

2. stw

stw NI Product Owner

you'll need a third party tool like cdxtract to do it. As the author of this program told me the Kontakt program format will be included soon!
    Nevertheless it is a missing feature that you can't drag and drop more than only one program!

3. ronny priest

ronny priest NI Product Owner

imagine that you've got a total of 50 programs (as seen on many drum cd's). how should they be arranged, mapped etc? the management would be a real mess for what i'd say and does one really need this feature in a sampler?

i'm looking forward to the update of cdxtract, it's the best conversion tool so far. it'll surely make your day as well.

regards,
    ronny

4. deepee

deepee New Member

Hmmm... I guess when this gets worked out I'll buy Kontakt. Without a library conversion tool, it's totally useless to me and considered a terrible oversight (or undersight). I expected more from NI than Halion gives me.... :(

5. stw

stw NI Product Owner

Ronny,
    you're missing the point here. Especially the AKAI format sometimes uses exatly that kind of sound mapping. That means that a whole keyboard layout is devided into several programs which all play on the same midi channel. They implemented the "Load all programs" feature for that reason. Due to different mapping and Program features it wouldn't make any sense to reproduce that behaviour in Kontakt. But it would be very helpful and i guess very easy to implement the ability to grab more than one program from the browser which would create the same amount of instruments instantly rather then doing it for every program individually.

Regards, Stefan

6. ronny priest

hi stefan,

you're right! i missed your point and i've got to agree with you. i considered to handle a complete akai rom at once (e.g. import g:) which doesn't make any sense at all.

cheers!

ronny

7. Thompson

Thompson New Member

Precisely my point. A sampler can also be judged by how good its library of sounds are. Sometimes the hihats, snares, and toms are all in separate program files on an akai disc. It would make great sense to import these all at once into the same instrument, for a complete drum kit in one instrument.
    Alternatively, it would also make sense to be able to import these files into individual instruments for those that want to mix and match different toms, snares, kick drums, or cymbals within a drum kit. I hope you see how incredibly useful this would be.

8. hydrazoan

hydrazoan NI Product Owner

which akai disks are you referring to please, as I'm using S1000 & S3000 and kontakt won't recognise them..?

9. ronny priest

Hydrazoan,

was that a question or a statement? ;)

Ronny

PS: S-1000 & 3000 are supported by Kontakt.

10. hydrazoan

i put in my s1000 disc in the cdrw drive, but kontakt doesn't see it.

11. ronny priest

Sorry for this question, but did you refresh ?

Ronny

12. hydrazoan

yes. it just shows my z drive as a cd icon, and <cd r / rw rw7060s> below that with what looks like a hard drive icon. But nothing more

thanks

- Alex

13. hydrazoan

Aha! I think I'm getting somewhere. I tried installing it on my other, non-audio pc, and the akai partitions are visible on my dvd drive, and on my cdrw. I have autoplay OFF on my audio pc though. I wonder if that makes a difference...nope... still, at least I can transfer them off one onto the other... it could be some incompatibility with the cd drive (ricoh RW7060S) on the audio pc. perhaps. cdxtract doesn't have a problem but that's a different program, and company...oh well...

14. hydrazoan

some cd drive swapping from 1 pc to t'other... problem no more! happy alex now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.