Anyone force-upgraded to Windows 10?

Discussion in 'KONTAKT' started by KontaktStudent1, Jun 28, 2016.

1. KontaktStudent1

KontaktStudent1 NI Product Owner

Hi
    I have been avoiding the Windows8>>>Windows10 upgrade (successfully so far). Has anyone been "force-upgraded" or voluntarily upgraded? Could I get your narrative of what happened? I am particularly concerned with:

Kontakt5
    Reaper
    also the PLAY software from East/West
    Drivers (Focusrite Scarlett and Roland A-88)
    Any applications that became unusable or needed re-authorization?

2. schrage musik

schrage musik NI Product Owner

I upgraded. Everything here is working perfectly. Faster startup and shutdown. The only thing that DID cause a problem was the drivers for the Roland Fantom (sorted). No trouble with Cubase or any of my NI stuff.

3. solger

solger NI Product Owner

4. MarioD

MarioD NI Product Owner

Play also works fine in Win 10. As previously stated check for drivers, not only for you music software but also hardware and peripherals like printers

5. David Das

David Das Moderator Moderator

I just set up a couple of Windows 10 PC's for Kontakt use, and they've been flawless.

A personal recommendation: I highly recommend being aware of all the spyware stuff in there, and disabling as much as you're comfortable doing (I did everything):

6. MarioD

MarioD NI Product Owner

Good point David. I disabled everything also.

{edit} I just discovered that the latest Win 10 update turned on a lot of the spyware stuff. I have to go in via settings to turn them off again.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  7. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

Or just keep Anti-Beacon updated and run its immunization again. I have the option to reapply immunization on startup enabled.

8. MarioD

MarioD NI Product Owner

Thanx! I didn't know about this program.