Anyone had dealings with Wavelore Instruments?

Discussion in 'Third-Party Sample Libraries' started by coolhouse912, Sep 15, 2012.

1. coolhouse912

coolhouse912 New Member

I recently ordered a Kontakt library from a company called Wavelore Instruments. I got a payment confirmation from paypal and.....that was the end of it. No confirmation or correspondence of any kind from the vendor. They've ignored two emails requesting the status of my order.

Long and short is, I'm having my card provider cancel the transaction. I was wondering if anyone else has had any dealings with these guys. They've been around awhile (originally in Gigastudio format, then Kontakt afterwards). I've never encountered anything like this. :confused: They may have gone under. Anybody know anything?

2. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Moderator Moderator

It's a single-guy operation, Wavelore is still very much alive, but the guy is not very fast in responding unfortunately.

3. MarioD

MarioD NI Product Owner

Like EvilDragon said it’s a one-man operation. He may be on vacation or had some health issues. Maybe he had so many orders that things are slower than normal. How long have you waited>

I have a few of Wavelore instruments and I can vouch for the fact that they are the best. You will not regret the wait.

Good luck.

4. coolhouse912

coolhouse912 New Member

Thanks guys for the feedback. Mario, it's been two weeks today since I first placed the order. Given the fact that it is a one man op I'm more disposed to give him a little more time. I don't doubt the quality of his product. I first became aware of him before I even had a computer based system & bookmarked the website for future reference. Will post back when this is resolved. Thanks again guys.

5. blackie1b

blackie1b New Member

Two and a half weeks waiting for the download links. Here's what it says on the Wavelore site:-
    Welcome to our webshop. Wavelore Instruments uses secure PayPal transactions to handle orders, but you have the option of ordering without a PayPal account. To do so, simply follow through with the order process, and enter your billing information when directed. Shortly after ordering, you will recieve an e-mail containing links to any product(s) you purchase. :eek:

6. DR

DR NI Product Owner

I have ordered all of his instruments. I had issues on the first order due to a spam filter related issue. You may want to try emailing from another email address and let him know about the issue. You should also post on the wavelore forum as that is what I did.

7. coolhouse912

coolhouse912 New Member

DR, Blackie, thanks for your replies. Went on the Wavelore forum. It doesn't look good. Multiple complaints identical to mine. The owner appears to be MIA. Only bright spot was where one guy posted yesterday that he had finally resolved his order problems amicably with the owner. He appears to be the only person who has heard from this guy in several weeks. I hope this can be resolved. Unfortunately, I'm rapidly moving from :confused: to :angry:.

8. blackie1b

blackie1b New Member

Hi Coolhouse

I could say that I'm happy that someone else is in the same boat - but I'm not!
    I've been on the angry side for a while now - and I'm not an angry sort of person.
    I even put in a Paypal claim - which I'd be happy to cancel if I received the products I ordered. I saw from one post here that there might be a spam filter problem so yesterday I opened a gmail account and sent Wavelore a message from there hoping that might solve the problem - so far nothing. But here's hoping that we're next in line for some communication.

9. Smithy

Smithy NI Product Owner

You guys aren't alone at all on this topic. I ordered the Pedal Steel Guitar library from Wavelore last Friday, and I still haven't heard a peep from those guys. I would so love to get this library as I would love to use it on a country MP3 backing track very soon.

10. fishermusic

fishermusic NI Product Owner

Same here. Ordered Glide II update in (July?) which was supposed to be ready in August.

In August the email came saying he was running late on development, there was a beta DL link and the final version would be ready in a few weeks. Now it's October and there has been no word.

He still has this on his site...weird.

UPDATE: GLIDE II: Electric Slide Guitar is now available for pre-ordering at a special introductory price of $129.99! Orders received before August 15th will be delivered via download link on that date. All other Wavelore products will remain on sale until September 1st. Please note that if you already own one or more Wavelore products, you should receive an e-mail containing a special loyalty discount ($89.99), and if you own GLIDE II as of August 1st, you will receive a crossgrade offer ($49.99). Click HERE to pre-order now!

11. blackie1b

blackie1b New Member

Received my instruments

OK. It took a month but Mark sent the links with a letter of apology. He's a decent guy, but i think he gets a bit snowed under.He stated that even if I did not close my Paypal claim, I could keep the instruments. To me, this just proved his decency. I closed the claim. Yes, the project I bought them for is well and truly gone West and I ended up doing it for nothing (I had to pay two musicians to do the steel and dobro parts). But the instruments are fantastic! I've already used them on a couple of tunes. Be patient. Keep the faith.

12. morgonte

morgonte New Member

Thats great news indeed! The guy is still alive! :)

I take it you ordered The Pedal Steel and Glide I (Dobro) libraries. Those have been out there for a while, and, as you say, they are fantastic. If you have received links for Glide II (Electric Slide Guitar) I would very much like to know...

13. don1thedon

don1thedon NI Product Owner

Another customer waiting for Wavelore Glide II here. Despite a number of emails and trying to write on his forum (posts require approval before being posted) still nothing (ordered in August). Looks like a Paypal claim will be the only way forward.
    Don

14. don1thedon

Ouch, left it a little too long and the 45 days for paypal has now passed (my fault as I had assumed Mark would come through). Ah well, another one down to experience!

15. blackie1b

blackie1b New Member

Hi Don

I know how you feel, but because of my experience I'm pretty sure that Mark will come through;)

16. Kevin J. Aaron

Kevin J. Aaron New Member

What’s on your mind?

17. don1thedon

Thanks for your words blackie1b. I've also dealt with Mark before and always found him to be excellent in the past, I hope all is well with him and your positivity will be reflected soon

18. coolhouse912

coolhouse912 New Member

Blackie I wish I could share your optimism. It's now been over a month since the original order was placed. This is for American Zither. his first product, not something in development. I can't imagine what would be so difficult about providing an email containing a download link! I have exhausted every avenue of communication with no response. What did you do to get a response from him?

19. blackie1b

blackie1b New Member

Hi Coolhouse,
    I put in a Paypal claim, but I'm not sure that's the reason that Mark delivered the product. I get the feeling that the Wavelore business is not Marks primary source of income, i.e. it's a part-time occupation and it takes a while to process everything. I'm not making excuses for him - you know how perturbed I was at having to wait for a month. A month seems to be the delivery time at the moment, so I would hang on for a week and then really start to wonder. I can only go on my recent experience. I hope it all gets settled. Maybe Mark will read this. The products are stunning!

20. don1thedon

I am, it appears to be the only form of communication Mark is responding to at present. Similar to Coolhouse I have exhausted several methods of contact with Wavelore with no success. Do not miss the Paypal 45 days (I think)
    I've waited since early August still nothing.
    Agreed.
    I am still hoping Mark will come good ...