Anyone had dealings with Wavelore Instruments?

Discussion in 'Third-Party Sample Libraries' started by coolhouse912, Sep 15, 2012.

1. don1thedon

don1thedon NI Product Owner

So I'm pleased to report I have received an explanatory email that he is working to get things back on track again, we can certainly accomodate his undoubted talents, lets keep our fingers crossed he's back for good with more quality product.

2. Kevin63101

Kevin63101 NI Product Owner

I received a similar email and glad to hear from Mark as well. He's trying his best to make good with his customers. I know he has good intentions and excellent products.

That said, it's going to take some time rebuilding trust with reasonable communication, delivery turn around and timely completion of products. It's a business and we're paying customers with reasonable expectations. But I'd like to see that happen -- he has incredible Kontakt programming talents and is a musician serving musicians.

I wish him success on achieving this with all of us.

3. rrichard63

rrichard63 New Member

Does anybody have any recent (October-November 2013) experience with Wavelore's customer service? I want to buy their Pedal Steel library, but won't send them the money unless I know I will actually get the software and that support will be available.

Thanks in advance.

--Bob Richard

4. Kevin63101

Got a second email from Wavelore today. He is making a serious effort to show his good side to existing and newer customers with significant offerings at this time (including some free). I'm not going to sugar coat this past year of silence, but do hope we're back to the customer service and communication I remember from before.

I own all of his instruments, so I can't comment on recent purchase experience. If you have concerns about placing an order, there's always the paypal dispute option if needed. However I trust you'll see your order quickly with his new delivery system, give a good report and enjoy the "above and beyond" service I've seen in prior years. :)

You could try his new system, make an inquiry and see if he responds in a reasonable amount of time.

Let us know how it comes out if you order.

5. rrichard63

rrichard63 New Member

Based on some responses in other forums, I ordered Pedal Steel a couple of days ago. My download link arrived immediately, and everything has been smooth sailing since then. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I got the email offer today too.

6. Kevin63101

Glad to hear it was fast and smooth for you. Back to normal, maybe even better. ;)

The Pedal Steel is amazing how you can slide a 2 note major harmony to a minor. It takes a bit of time to learn the keyswitches and ranges, but very impressive even if it's been around for a while. The newer Glide Resonator and Glide II have a different approach to sliding notes which is an easier learning curve for single notes. I like all 3 of these as my Wavelore favorites. I also love the American Zither which was one of his first offerings -- comparatively less scripting tricks, just amazing tone.

7. KRONUS

KRONUS New Member

I was trying to log into Wavelore's forums, but I am receiving an sql error and I know that this post is almost a year old, but hopefully you guys might have already come across this answer.

First, I am running a full version of Kontakt 5 and the slide guitars do not run in demo mode.

However, I am unable to select other guitars from the drop down menu - there is nothing to select, as you can see with the attached screen shot.

In the video - - it is showing how to play a Hawaiian sounding guitar and you can see that the word "Hawaiian" is selected in the drop down menu, which is adjacent to the settings icon (wrench tool).

How can I do that? Otherwise, I am stuck with having the same sound.

Please, I hope that this does not sound like I am whining or bad mouthing anyone. I seem to have hit an obstacle with every road that I have followed and I just want to get to work with these great sounds.

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

8. rrichard63

rrichard63 New Member

The Wavelore forum hasn't been available for a long time. Mark should remove the link to it from his website, but he hasn't.

I assume you mean that the Glide and Glide II demos do run, because of the "however" starting the next sentence.

In this video the phrase "Glide II Preview: Hawaiian Lap-Steel Style" is not part of the Kontakt instrument. It is superimposed on the YouTube video as a title for the video. Note that it goes away when you press "Play", unless you hover the mouse over the video itself.

The demo video is showing you one thing the instrument can be made to sound like by adjusting the controls in the user interface and (maybe) adding some effects. The other demos ("Slow Blues" and "Spaghetti Wahstern") were made with different settings of the controls and/or effects.

Please note that Glide: Resonator Slide Guitar is a finished product with all eight round-robins and eight .nki's. But Glide II: Electric Slide Guitar is still unfinished. There's only one round-robin and one .nki so far. Neither instrument comes with any snapshots They couldn't have because they predate the introduction of the snapshot feature.

Hope this helps.

9. KRONUS

KRONUS New Member

First, thanks for answering back - I know that it has been over a year.

Second, before purchasing the Kontakt 5 full version, running the Glide VSTs would actually say the word "Demo," followed by receiving a warning that it would not run the next time until I purchased the full version, which I have done and that is what this post was originally concerning and I was trying to be apologetic for being off topic and late to the conversation.

Actually if you play the video within youtube and you see it full screen view, seven seconds into the video, then you will see what I am referring to - I have attached a screen shot, so that you may see what I am talking about.

As far as the Resonator goes, I did the two for one purchase and purchased the Glide I and Glide II. According to what I see on their web site - http://www.wavelore.com/products.php?product=WLG2 - is the second version of the Resonator.

In either case, if you view the youtube video without the overlay, then you will see that their is a drop down menu, which you can select the type of guitar that you would like to hear. In my case, there is nothing located under the drop down menu - please refer to the first image that I attached earlier

And thanks in advance

Attached Files:

10. rrichard63

rrichard63 New Member

Okay, now I see what you mean. I'm sorry that I didn't expand the video to full screen mode, and as a result didn't see this the first time. The word "hawaiian" is the name of an .nki that was created for the demo. Before snapshots were introduced recently, the only way to create a preset was to save the instrument (.nki) with a different filename. Mark doesn't include any of these with Wavelore instruments (at least that I remember). I think all of his .nki's represent different instrument definitions rather settings of the controls or effects.

11. KRONUS

KRONUS New Member

Thanks again for getting back to me.

I thought that is what was going on and I have matched the settings that I can see from the video, but it doesn't give me a different sound.

I have only been able to successful change to another sound once, but I did not want a different sound at the time and I reloaded the VST from scratch.

I must have hit some accidental combination of keys or something, but I have not been able to reproduce it since that time.

You have mentioned Mark as if you might know him. Can you have him respond to my emails?
    Also, where might I find the settings for these .nki's and do you think that Mark maybe able to send them to me or provide a download?

Thanks in advance

12. morgonte

morgonte New Member

A few words of experience...: You can trust that Mark will make stunning instruments, when he finishes them. There is no way you can know when he will finish a project he has started (like the Glide II) Don't trust statements about releases dates on his website!. Before there were lots of complaints from people paying for instruments and not getting them delivered, but since he launched his new sales system I haven't seen any. Getting support from Wavelore is a chancy business. If you're lucky you can get very good response, but often it's like talking (mailing) to a wall. There is no way that I know of to force any response at all out of Mark. He will answer your mail, or not answer your mail for reasons only known to him.

13. KRONUS

KRONUS New Member

Thanks for the response. I have read a few posts in forums that spoke to some accident occurred to his friend and that is why he dropped off the map, so I do not blame him, because I have gone through that a couple of times in my life and I understand.

Are there any other VSTs that can make that "Hawaiian" or "George Harrison" like slide guitar sound effect?

One of the other reasons that I purchased the Wavelore VSTs is because I also heard the acoustic version of a slide guitar.Are there any VSTs that make that kind of sound, as well?

14. morgonte

morgonte New Member

Eh, Glide I is exactly that. An acoustic resonator guitar or Dobro... Glide II is an electric slide guitar.
    There's one more resonator guitar library made by 8dio (www.8dio.com)

15. morgonte

morgonte New Member

16. rrichard63

rrichard63 New Member

Good recommendations. While you're at Orange Tree, also check out the lap steel:
    http://orangetreesamples.com/slide-lap-steel
    The three examples there don't demonstrate this aspect of the instrument, but "Hawaiian guitar" more less means lap steel.

No matter what library you choose, you will have to tweak it to get the sound you want.

17. Very Old Geezer

Very Old Geezer New Member

I appreciate that this is a very old thread.

Wavelore Dead or Alive?

Years ago, I purchased several Wavelore instruments when they were developed for the GigaStudio format, and my go-to instrument was the Pedal Steel. After Tascam ceased support of GigaStudio I moved over to Kontakt. I no longer have the media for the GiGA version.

Mark was fantastic - he supported me in every instance, and, for some time now I wished I had the latest version of Pedal Steel Guitar based upon the Kontakt engine.

I'd like to purchase it, but Mark's website doesn't appear to have had an update from the old days and several links therein are dead.
    I have sent him an email, and the first address I tried just bounced (info@wavelore.com). The support mailbox hasn't bounced however, but I am not expecting a response.

Has anyone any news of Mark at Wavelore? Is he still running the business? Is it safe still to place an order (if indeed that is possible) or should i just avoid?

With Thanks,

Mike.

18. vanceen

vanceen New Member

This isn't much help, but I recently bought American Zither and Pedal Steel. I got the download links promptly, and Pedal Steel works fine. But American Zither makes no sound. I emailed support@wavelore.com, but I've had no acknowledgement or reply after several days. I don't know whether this thread is encouraging or the opposite.