Anyone waiting for Summer of Sound 2019 sale? - IT'S HERE!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by LoveEnigma, May 16, 2019.

1. ScottK

ScottK NI Product Owner

Absolutemusic have it from 31st May till June 30th

2. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Yes, that's what I am expecting. I might jump on the deal at BS if I cannot resist. Looks like NI website might update tomorrow or on Monday.

The sale will be until 30th June/1st July, as per time zones. I don't think there will Komplete 13 this year. If you miss this deal, there's possibility during Thanksgiving XXL in November if they decide to repeat it like last year. Else again SoS 2020. Komplete 12 Update should be possible for you, isn't it?

3. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

I noticed that the prehear via an external disk caused a lot of delay. That's why I opted for an internal (ssd) drive, so you don't have that problem.

Once the data has been loaded, you have no problems.

René

4. Braz

Braz NI Product Owner

I have komplete ultimate 10 with a lot of maschine expansion smms
    Is upgrading to komplete 12 ce worth?

5. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

I was in Goyt Valley but back now ..did I miss anything LOL :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

I meant then I wait till next year and go from 11 to 13 - but thanksgiving is also an option so i can wait without pressure

Uwe

7. gcorcella

gcorcella New Member

Hi guys
    I'm thinking to purchase the upgrade from Select to Ultimate on Best Service because they give you some money with every purchase to spend on another one.
    But I don't understand why they say that you need 4 working days to get even the downloadable one.

8. tempsperdu

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Michael Clark

Michael Clark New Member

Looks like it's starting. Not announced on NI site yet, but Time and Space just sent out an email ad announcing it:
    Time and Space only sells the boxed version $86 US,for the update with shipping comes out a little more than what you'd pay at NI with the sale price, but they throw in zero-g Herz-Og, so could be a decent deal if you feel you need another synth.

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 12.27.58 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 12.27.58 PM.jpg

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. LoveEnigma

Glad to see you again. We missed you amidst the excitement. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. LoveEnigma

Okay. Yeah, that's right. But it must be Thanksgiving XXL.

12. LoveEnigma

I am disappointed that NI website was not updated today. :( I like all the glamour and stuff they do. Makes me more excited.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

What's that? Game of your Thrones? ;)

Asking again: the hard drive in the boxed version, is it a regular hdd?

Blood pressure has slightly decreased :cool:

14. LoveEnigma

Yup, I believe it is just a regular HDD. It is just meant to install from and not to use as a sample drive or something. Of course, NI would not do that, else most of us would get the boxed version. :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. Old Mike

Makes sense. But it should easily be possible to move all the content installed yet to a bigger ssd and just rename the drive letter to the old one. Doesn't it?

16. LoveEnigma

I did not understand exactly, but the drive that comes with boxed version might not be as fast. I think it's main purpose is to store large data.
    Would be good if someone with more information can chime in.

While you could move the data/content later, it would be better to install directly to that bigger SSD instead of moving the stuff later. Hope I understood you correctly.

17. Excited2LearnHappy4NI

Excited2LearnHappy4NI New Member

I just bought in on the BestService download option but it's telling me there are no serials available and I'll have to wait? Is this normal? If I go to products it only shows my most recent purchase, but under orders it shows both? They are trustworthy right? Should I be concerned?

18. Old Mike

All right, no problem ;) just want to replace the old one with a bigger. Should seamlessly work.

19. tempsperdu

It's a pretty naff valley near the Peak District in England. (Though not quite as naff as the last two dreadful seasons of GOT) :D
    Unless they have changed, and with the price still of SSD's I doubt it, it's a normal HDD and a lot quicker than downloading everything.

20. LoveEnigma

Don't be concerned. They are very trusty and reliable. Just be a bit patient. Also, I would suggest just dropping an email to their support to check.

Make sure you check your orders page for serial number. Usually it is there. Or you might receive an email.

I would appreciate if you could please let us all know what's going on.