Anyone waiting for Summer of Sound 2019 sale? - IT'S HERE!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by LoveEnigma, May 16, 2019.

1. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

I want to go from ultimate to standard (and keep the old ultimate stuff) via an update.

2. MistaWil

MistaWil NI Product Owner

Do you have a previous Komplete version? I have an update option to go from k11u to k12. It's like $99 US dollars lol

I bought a boxed version of K12U CE upgrade from Guitar Center. Before I ordered it I had the option to buy just a serial to immediately download. I don't mind waiting for the physical drive.

3. Steve Thomson

Steve Thomson New Member

Just a general question for those who've purchased a boxed version of the ultimate upgrade: does the hard drive contain everything including the Select and Standard version stuff? As of yesterday, I have the standard K12 (download) and I'm tempted to order the ultimate boxed version before the sale ends. I'm already backing up the downloaded files as well as installing them but it would be great to have a full drive of all content. I'd probably make a second back up of that to just to be safe.

4. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

I have to say...it was the first time I ordered something from them.
    The fact, that NI themself doesn't really know what is going on there, makes me feel slightly irritated about their selling practice.

If I knew that, I would have bought it from NI.

Now I will wait until tomorrow. If you have a look at their "forum" at KVR, they couldn't deliver the serials for Cubase Crossgrades yet. It feels strange.

Maybe a case for Dr. Strange ;)

5. Old Mike

Hell yeah. Methadone does not help in this situation.
    So much sales-mails everyday, please, I need salvation:cool:

6. von Klamke

von Klamke NI Product Owner

I don't think it is possible.

7. CakeAlexS

CakeAlexS NI Product Owner

Now I'm very confused.

8. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

How many Komplete products/bundles and versions do you currently have? This will help people to assist you.

9. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

Just get in the chat Alex and we'll check it out for you ;)

10. Matt @ NI

Matt @ NI NI Team NI Team

If this happened also with Cubase serials then you know something odd is going on there. We will look into it but I'd probably stay away from purchasing "download" licenses for our products on there.

11. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

And so........

My new 1 Tb SSD arrived................................... yipee

I tried to clone my existing 128GB and it couldn't see new drive .... boo hiss......!!!

Found out that was cos I hadn't initialised it................yipeee

Cloned Old C Drive to new SSD ....................................yipeee!!!

Meanwhile..............................shiny new 'silver' K12CE upgrade had arrived..................mmmmnn ...yipee

Put newly cloned drive into laptop and booted up no problems..................................yipee!!!!!!

Ok now to put back my 750 Gb data disc and get going

Oh...................................WTF!!!!

Laptop can no longer see the Data HDD... boo hiss boo double hiss!!!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!

Has it somehow 'broken'?????

Re insert original 128Gb SSD and everything back to normal so no.................................

OK try putting the new 1TB SSD in again and original 125GB SSD as second drive and that can't be seen either.............

WTF?

So If I boot up using my original 128Gb it can see second drive OK

but if I boot up using new cloned 1Tb SSD it can't see any other drive neither can Disk management or Mini Tools

Anyone got any ideas what is happening and how I might get things working???

Please

Pretty please.......

:oops:o_O:(:mad::(

12. Old Mike

Did you checked your bios settings for the hard drives? Do you see the new one? Try setting to AHCI.

13. Old Mike

Also, check your manual for the laptops main board. Sometimes there are strange restrictions. But it should work

14. tempsperdu

When I looked in the bios I couldn't find either hard drive to be honest.
    What I am having difficulty understanding is I use the 128Gb SSD as the primary drive and other drives show up
    I use the cloned 1Tb Cloned drive as primary drive and nothing else can be seen which then makes me wonder how it could be a bios problem. Is there anything I could have accidentally done to the cloned drive to make it affect other settings?

15. Old Mike

I really would not think that. If it is not shown in Bios, this is strange. Are you on the latest Bios-Firmware?

16. Old Mike

What kind of Laptop do you use?

17. tempsperdu

It's an HP Elitebook and HP don't officially support Windows 10 (I'm on 10 pro) so I ran their support assistant to see if there's any updates . It says no and going through their website is a bit of a pain because it only really caters for Win 7 or 8 for that model

18. gcorcella

gcorcella New Member

Same here. But I purchased several waves audio products from them before and I never had a problem.

By the way, they told me: “You purchase the license from us, then you can download your products at NI when you register your serial”

19. laszlozoltan

laszlozoltan NI Product Owner

you know, THAT is a really, really good idea.

Can you imagine the blowback if a customer received a box with the serial number missing ?

in fact, maybe about 10 years or more ago I was going to buy a graphics card at a futureshop, I had the guy open the box for me at the counter before the sale, his first words were "I dont know how THAT happened". But at least it wasnt my problem, hmmmm ?

So, yeah, I think it would be a great idea to communicate with the merchant an agreement to open the box and email the serial numbers - it would help drive early sales and protect both customer and merchant.

kudos to you, LoveEnigma for coming up with that.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Old Mike

What? This is a joke? Isn't it?
    Would you tell me the exact model?

• Funny Funny x 1