Anyone waiting for Summer of Sound 2019 sale? - IT'S HERE!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by LoveEnigma, May 16, 2019.

1. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

2. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

Finally, the time has come :D:D:D:D

20190608_211116.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yeahhh - let's rock and turn knobs

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Old Mike

You mean, let's download and wait :D

5. Uwe303

Uwe303 NI Product Owner

Yes

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

Okay, noob question and sorry if this has been answered. But am I able to take advantage of these deals twice?

For instance, it looks like I could upgrade from Komplete 12 Select to regular Komplete for $200, then from there upgrade regular Komplete to Collector's Edition for an additional $300?

But that's the same price as upgrading from Komplete 12 Select to Ultimate... so will they let me buy two upgrades during the same sale? If so, that seems like the clearly smarter way to go, since it's an additional 30 expansions for the same price.

But I would hate to pick up Komplete regular and then be shut out from a further upgrade during this sale. Komplete 12 is pretty weak compared to Ultimate and CE. Any advice here would be much appreciated.

8. Old Mike

Of course, you can. But I doubt that you get additional expansions, as the are the same in K12 and K12UCE.

You wouldn't have the expansions twice, which are included in both versions and you couldn't sell them separate.

So you would have the expansions included in K12UCE, it doesn't matter which versions do you come from, as they are included in the other versions anyway!

9. Old Mike

Not to mention the time for scanning, if you open Maschine, KK and Kontakt the first time ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

Sorry, I should have clarified. What I meant was, the price to upgrade to CE that way is the same as upgrading straight from Select to Ultimate. Ultimate comes with 20 expansions, vs CE with 50. Other than that both packages are the same as far as instruments, effects, etc. So basically I pay the same price as the Ultimate upgrade from Select, but get to CE instead, which includes 30 additional expansions. Hope that makes more sense.

Anyway, good to know this is doable and it's definitely what I'm going to do!

11. Old Mike

Ah okay. The only difference I could see is that you get the full symphony series instead of the symphony selection.
    So, if you are a composer or use classical instruments a lot, and would prefer to have a vast of samples and sounds from the expansions, this would be of interest for you.

Check the symphony-series on their side; for someone who is into that, the price may be tempting. Seems to be high quality

• Like Like x 2
  12. Old Mike

Finished. :p:p:p

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Installation or a track? :p ;)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
  14. Old Mike

A whole trilogy :D

Installing, updating, scanning, trying out.

I really like the Thrill-thing, is is very weird. :p:confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

And I've still to do any of the downloading ones cos it was slow LOL :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Masch1ne

Masch1ne NI Product Owner

And battery and massive.

• Like Like x 2
  17. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Cool, I haven't downloaded any orchestral and cinematic (big) libraries yet. Not sure if they would be currently useful.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Old Mike

Does this really matter? You MUST have it on your hard disc. Must Must Must. :p

I like Rise and Hits, too. It think this library is useful for intro, transitions and even more for movies, trailers, games, etc.

Didn't checked the Symphony Series yet but from what I saw on the videos, it should be quite nice.

But I have to say, I must finish our bands album first, otherwise there is no chance for me to get around new stuff. Unfortunately, I nearly wanted to finish it as I realized, I learned so much new things (and got so much new toys), that it didn't sound good to me (does ist ever when you record, mix and master your own stuff?).

So, the simple equation is: More plugins = better mixes :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Old Mike

And while tempsperdu is still downloading, with his boxed version, others are producing platin-hits :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. laszlozoltan

laszlozoltan NI Product Owner

perhaps I might quote Bruce Lee who said to the effect that he did not fear an opponent who knew 10000 ways to kick, but the one who practiced the one kick 10000 times.

• Funny Funny x 1