1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Anyone waiting for Summer of Sound 2019 sale? - IT'S HERE!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by LoveEnigma, May 16, 2019.

1. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Get new Mac Pro, it's only 6k :)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Captain Blasto

Captain Blasto NI Product Owner

1,000 tracks in Logic though... only $6 each when you think about it o_O

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

I have got so many synthies, that I am satisfied atm. Plus, Massive X is coming out in two weeks.
    I haven't got the time at the moment even to check all the goodies from K12U.
    And we are moving in August/September.
    I need more time :eek:
    Maybe I need the Time and Tone bundle from Softube? :D:p

4. LoveEnigma

LoveEnigma NI Product Owner

Good to know. Thanks!

Interestingly though, not seeing buy option on the main page: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/maschine/maschine-accessories/maschine-essentials/

How do you get to the buy now page? Is it pending to be added?

5. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Apple is the spawn of Satan every one knows that..even Barge Poles refuse to have anything to do with them :eek::D:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. tempsperdu

No you just need Vol 3 o_O:oops::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. tempsperdu

That's the fun bit..........................

...............boy is it fun :p:D:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. telecode101

telecode101 NI Product Owner

Hah. Actually I am looking into upgrade to a more mobile setup. Looking at a Windows solution as it sounds that windows is where it's at now ever though I really hate the windows 10 gui with a passion. Doing some research between amd vs intel options and probably waiting for back to school deals to start. I just speced a new i9 based workstation for a researcher at work. It came to about $5 k Canadian for i9, 32g ram, 4 x ssd drives. So my guess a windows i9 based lappy with 16gb ram and a 1tb should come in at $2k and a AMD version at around $1.5K.

Fwiw the Super8 on my old i7 mini works fine.

9. Old Mike

I like the sounds of the Super8. And got a voucher. How long was it valid. 6 months, wasnt it?

10. LoveEnigma

Yes, don't think twice. Get it! Great synth and easy to use for almost anyone. I think NI really did an excellent job with this one.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  11. LoveEnigma

It's like NI wants people to know about but does not want them to know how to buy it. Scratch your heads! :D :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Dude... You can buy some apple wheels for 1k and roll it everywhere, can't get more portable than that :D
    Seriously tho, AMD looking pretty good with those new gen Ryzen CPU's, unfortunately, the exciting news are only for desktop's afaik, there's no i9 mobile equivalent.

13. telecode101

Not here. A new Apply Mac pro lappy is going to be $3k .. one with a i7, 1tb drive and 16gb ram.

14. tempsperdu

Apple is the spawn of Satan every one knows that..even Barge Poles refuse to have anything to do with them :eek::D:D
    Some peoples takes a lot of telling LOL

15. telecode101

Yup. Apple totally ream you in prices. IMO they are as well built as other vendors high end lappys. They still get old and useless though. I recently has to reuse my old funky dark vadar macbook core2due wth 2 gb ram to finish a paper as my main lappy died. it works and keys work but its useless in that you cant upgrade it to browser web. but good for focusing on writing a paper. you cant get distracted by anything else on the Interwebz.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. kaotik78

kaotik78 NI Product Owner

I’ve got a 2010 6core Mac Pro which I bet could be had now for a “reasonable” price that would work well for resource hoggish vst’s... plus it heats a small room rather well when you really push it....

Probably be able to get an old trash can Mac in 4 years when they become affordable...

17. tempsperdu

That would still be letting Satan in the house and before you know it he'd have replaced even the carpets with 'proprietary' ones that had to have some Apple thing or you couldn't even walk on them, probably even calling them i carpets or something ridiculous, and even then there would be a whole underclass of numpties willing to pay over the odds for them just so they could shout their extreme lack of taste as loudly as possible!!!

oops I might have ranted a little there..:oops:o_O:D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Old Mike

The power of (pc)christ compels you!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. kaotik78

Yes but you either need iFloor or iCarpet or iRoad in order to transport if equipped with apple wheels :)

20. kaotik78

I do miss the old days before the iThis and iThat from apple. The hardware was a tad less expensive though still more than a PC regardless but it worked (to me) a heck of a lot better for my usage and was viable for years longer, just add more ram :) I had high hopes of an affordable Mac Pro tower again but the 6k margin... is beyond ridiculous for a computer, I don't care if it has fiberoptic video cards and the traces on the PCB are made out of Mithril. Too bad Maschine couldn't run on something like a System 76 desktop or laptop..Rather spend my time creating than faffing about with virus updates, registry edits and hacks and the like.

• Like Like x 2