1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Anyone waiting for Summer of Sound 2019 sale? - IT'S HERE!

Discussion in 'MASCHINE Area' started by LoveEnigma, May 16, 2019.

1. Old Mike

Old Mike NI Product Owner

You are right. But technology changed that fast, you even have an old system within 2 years ;)

Of course, you haven't have to upgrade that often, but you know, the big child's toys needs some changes time after time ;)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. v00d00ppl

v00d00ppl NI Product Owner

For a 3 osc it is something different. I have a voyager and it makes sounds far different than the voyager. The battleship grid for mod matrix is really where the fun is. You can nudge the knobs a little bit and start playing a sequence. You can also start patching points in and out. The EMS sound is totally different. I am spending more time with the CZ V right now. The CZ is what inspired the mikro Korg right? Anyways I think I will start a v collection 7 thread for all of us to talk about our findings

• Like Like x 1
  3. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Doesn't seem like a reasonable purchase in 2019 for any reason other than if one needs PCI-e devices for some reason.
    For multi-core optimized software it can kind of hang but it's still slower a modern i3 4-core Mac Mini which is 20x smaller and uses a mobile-grade CPU (low heat, low power consumption). In single core performance (important for reaktor) it falls behind a MacBook Air
    https://browser.geekbench.com/mac-benchmarks

The 2012 model, however, can be a decent option if one finds it a reasonable price, upgrading to the 12-core dual CPU is very, very cheap after you already have the computer and has good performance, although if one plans to use modern software you have to be a DIY/tech-savvy kind of guy to force new OS's into it and deal with all the issues of using outdated hw.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  4. Old Mike

I am voting for Komplete 13 Ultimate Expansive Mac Pro Edition

K13UEMPE

:D

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. tempsperdu

tempsperdu NI Product Owner

Don't be silly K13 is where Komplete is Reaktor and Kontakt with in app purchases..tagline : ..... as cheap as you want as expensive as you can afford....................... :eek::p:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Old Mike

This seems very sarcastic to me.
    You are a truly ungrateful customer.
    The unicorns whispered to me, that the pyre is being prepared for you. I would not go to sleep tonight, if I were you :D:D:D

Btw, will it still be possible to play Angry Birds in Kontakt? Asking for the Hatter :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. René must be Unique

René must be Unique NI Product Owner

It is Saturday, the doorbell rings. I take a look at my monitor,
    a beautiful young woman is standing at my door with a package.
    That must be the 12KUCE disk.
    Ordered at a web shop, where I still had a 15% discount voucher.
    So this is a super summer sale for me.
    Registered with NA and the party could begin.
    After 30 seconds I received the email with an NI voucher code.
    Installing from disk is super fast.
    Today I received a second e-mail stating that some things were ready for download.
    A number of expansions and plug-ins.

René

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Old Mike

Yeah, what a beautiful day. Was the beautiful young girl included? Didn't get one with my order :D

Enjoy the new toys!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. René must be Unique

No, after a minute she disappeared into her yellow delivery van,
    the image slowly blurred,
    and I was standing there alone with the package dreaming it could have been.

René

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. tempsperdu

Favouritism!!!!!!

Most people have waited weeks to still not get one :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Old Mike

True, you seem to be on top of the list. Update-King, I suppose. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. René must be Unique

No, I don't think I'm being prejudiced.
    I cannot imagine that the NI server is an AI server.

René

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Old Mike

I heard something through the grapevine that is it somehow related to the cyberdyne systems. You never know...

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. tempsperdu

Exactly..so it's a human decision ...ergo favouritism!!! LOL ;):eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Bonus Beats

Bonus Beats Guest

don't spend another damn penny unit they have a half decent update for Maschine or else tell us thats itt ...Maschine is done forever.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Old Mike

Coming soon :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. René must be Unique

I had completely forgotten that the NI server has a T-888 CPU :eek:

René

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Old Mike

Oh no, could it be that the delivering girl was Sarah Connor? Did she mention something like:" Take this box if you want to live?" :D

19. kaotik78

kaotik78 NI Product Owner

I know... still holding on to the old form factor as long as I can I suppose. I have considered a Mac mini but then it’s another issue with additional hdd’s and the like. The 12 core would be really cool to get now that it’s actually affordable. I’ve got a few years left with the ol’ beast till I have to finally upgrade. I don’t wanna think about moving my k12uce hdd over to the new system though..

• Like Like x 1
  20. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

Yeah, nothing wrong with that, if it works then it works, my comment was specifically about buying something like that today.
    Additional external HD's can be annoying for someone used to being able to just put new drives inside (like me too) but one gets used to it. Apple's migration assistant is quite handy if you ever get a new computer, it helps to avoid k12uce full reinstallation.