1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Anything that Provides Better GM Sounds Than Bandstand

Discussion in 'BANDSTAND' started by peterkh, Apr 14, 2020.

1. peterkh

peterkh New Member

I have used Bandstand for a long time as the sound engine in Band-in-a-Box. I installed it successfully on my HP-Z620 which now runs on Windows 10 Pro. I tried to use JBRIDGE to create a 64 bit version of Bandstand.dll and now Bandstand will not load its default sounds in Band-in-a-Box. I found a NI solution involving editing the registry but I today did not locate on my computers or on this site so far.

Does anybody know any software or hardware product that would give better GM sounds than Bandstand?

Does anybody know where is this NI reply to a person with the Bandstand error that it cannot load the default sounds. (This is a problem I believe
    related to the registry and requires registry editing.}

2. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  3. Peter Hewer

Peter Hewer New Member

Thanks Paule. I have saved a simple Registry edit method from one of the links. Also how is the sound quality of Aria Player compare to Bandstand?

4. Paule

Paule NI Product Owner

The Garritan samples sounds brilliant

5. Peter Hewer

Peter Hewer New Member

Thanks Paule

• Like Like x 1