AP and Vista64

Discussion in 'AKOUSTIK PIANO' started by LionSound, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LionSound

LionSound New Member

Hi,

I am attempting to us AP as a synth inside Sonar 6.2.1 in Vista64, but it has problems. It loads and plays fine for a few minutes and then the sound dissappears and the audio meter in Sonar shoots up to plus 50db or something crazy.

From what I have read AP is known not to work as a plugin in Vista, but what I need to know is when will it be fixed? Vista has been out for over a full year now, and AP should work in it eventually.

Until then, does anyone use its presets within Kontakt successfully as a plugin in Vista?

Thanks.

EDIT: BTW there is a patch for Leopard ALREADY. Vista has been out for MUTCH longer. What gives?

2. LionSound

LionSound New Member

Anyone from N.I have any news on this? Should I just go ahead and use something else?

3. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

Hi there,

Have you contacted our tech support so they can look into this?

Please keep in mind that Akoustik Piano or any other NI software for that matter is not officially compatible with Vista 64-bit, it's not a supported OS at the moment. There is an information page for this at http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?id=vista

Regarding the comparison with Leopard, the updates necessary for this OS are really minor so they could be released quickly, but creating Vista 64bit versions requires extensive recoding of the applications which is why these updates are scheduled for next year.

Regards, Thomas

4. anon5733

anon5733 NI Product Owner

Same problem with Vista 32 bit

As stated in other threads here this same problem exists on Vista 32 bit too. I have contacted also the Technical Support about this and they answered that they would answer in this forum. No such luck yet...

"I directed the development to that thread, maybe we et a hint,
    at the moment I am not sure what could cause this.

Your NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Support Team,

5. LionSound

LionSound New Member

Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not asking for a 64-bit version of the plugi nneccessarily, although it would be nice. All I am asking for is a plugin of AP (32-bit or 64-bit) that will work in Vista X64.

It would be great if you guys could just update the 32-bit version to work with Vista. It is frustrating to see a total lack of support of Vista by N.I. ... I really wish you guys would jump on it as quickly as you have jumped on Leopard.

LS

6. Thomas @ NI

Whether a 32-bit plugin works in Vista 64bit depends in the first place on the host software and its 32bit-to-64bit plugin bridge technology. Have you contacted Cakewalk about your problems with getting AP to run in Sonar 64bit?

All NI products have been officially compatible with Vista 32bit for quite a while now, you can find the compatibility info on the newer product packages and on http://www.nativeinstruments.com/index.php?id=vista. So Vista is definitely supported in general, with the exception of its 64bit version for now.

Regards, Thomas

7. anon5733

Akoustik Piano is NOT compatible with Vista 32bit either, I witness this everytime I try to use AP as a plug-in in Cakewalk. How about an update to fix this?

8. Thomas @ NI

Did you report these issues to our tech support? Did they confirm that it is an AP bug relating to Vista?

9. anon5733

I did contact Tech Support. I got this answer:

"I directed the development to that thread, maybe we et a hint,
    at the moment I am not sure what could cause this.

Your NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Support Team"

The problem is exactly the same as the Vista 64bit users complain about.

10. Scamper68

Scamper68 New Member

I can also confirm this issue with my setup. I'm running Vista home edition. I can load the stand alone just fine, but when loading the vst (or even the dxi) in Sonarl 5.2, it will just play clicks after a moment or two.

11. auburncoast

auburncoast Forum Member

it happened to me with Ableton Live 7. I had my samples on an external however and I have yet to try it with the samples moved onto the PC hard drive. Will attempt to try it again.

12. Scamper68

Scamper68 New Member

I have my samples installed locally on the hard drive.

13. auburncoast

auburncoast Forum Member

whats with the lack of updates anyways. NI has really been slacking unless they just pop out a few hundred updates right away. They've been to busy working on Leopard and don't even care about vista. Atleast thats the way it appears to us users.

14. Patrick Sch.

Patrick Sch. New Member

I also suffer from this issue on Vista x64. Since 32bit Vista users are affected as well, obviously, this seems to be a critical issue. Yet, there is still no fix.

Is there any progress made on this issue?

15. djencode

djencode NI Product Owner

stop using vista as it's a bloated POS and downgrade to xp or get a mac.

16. Nickie Fønshauge

Nickie Fønshauge NI Product Owner

AP doesn't work in XP32/Sonar 6.21 either. Notes are cut short. :( Odd thing is, if you load AP in Kore 2 and Kore 2 in Sonar, all is well. Go figure :S

17. Scamper68

Scamper68 New Member

This really doesn't help me much. Vista shipped on my laptop, to reinstall XP isn't really an option and besides, its not like you can stay on XP forever. Or are you one of those who swore that Windows 98 was the shiznit and XP was for suckers when XP came out?

18. snyer

snyer NI Product Owner

Vista 64 is indeed ...

a disaster from my point of view for audio appications. Even the vista 64 driver for my Motu Ultralite IO doesn't function. I don't get a note out of it. So I made my PC dual boot: Vista 64 and XP PRO ....

19. anon5733

Native Instruments still keeps claiming that all their products are compatible with Vista 32 bit:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=vista&L=1

If I had known that AP IS NOT and that NI obviously is not even interested in fixing it I would not have bought it at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.