AP with Live! - AP seems to 'get stuck'

Discussion in 'AKOUSTIK PIANO' started by xcile, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xcile

xcile New Member

After creating a MIDI scene using AP - it seems to play through once OK, but when I try to play the scene again, there's a click and the volume meters for the track go up to the maximum and stay there (even though there's no sound made). I have to either close out Live! and reopen the project (then it will play through once again and then get stuck) or else deleting the track and then undeleting it will help. I'm using E-MU ASIO driver, have 8 gb RAM on VISTA 64bit with a 3.0 Mhz Dual-Core CPU -- doesn't happen with any other of my Komplete 5 plugins and it doesn't seem to matter which piano I use. Running latest AP version 1.1.3.1 -- Anyone have any ideas?

2. ekiekitabaang

ekiekitabaang New Member

Just tested same kind of setup yesterday and experienced exactly the same.
    I have VISTA 64bit, Dual-Core, 6GB RAM and ableton live 8.4. My sound card is RME FireFace400 and asio drivers are used in Live. So this problem is not a sound card driver issue.

Does Acoustic Piano have some issues with 64bit VISTA? ..though Ableton Live supposed to be 32 bit.. so the environment that uses Acoustic Piano VST should be ok?

3. leinad

leinad NI Product Owner

Hi. I had the same issue a couple of months ago, but on 32bits. It got solved on one of the updates of Live ( http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=114628&p=899404&hilit=Akoustik+Piano#p899404 ), so it may not be entirely a NI thing.

Regards,
    Daniel

--------------------------------------------- EDIT

Well, no, I just tested it again, and when I have AP loaded, I can play it as long as I don't press the stop button of Live's transport controls.

This time it did't even bother to get locked at a fixed DC offset, but immediately crashed live.
    :(

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  4. xcile

xcile New Member

Thanks - I have actually updated to 8.04 and am still having the same problem.

5. ekiekitabaang

ekiekitabaang New Member

I have also 8.4 and the problem is as described.
    I managed to work with AP only by uploading the samples to kontakt 3.5 32-bit vst version.
    It could work as well with the new free kontakt player?

AP as a separate product does not work on 64bit Vista and Ableton Live.

6. aton

aton NI Product Owner

I just installed kontakt 32bit vst 3.5.0.025 and opened ConcertGrand.nki . I was able to stop the song a few times but then after the 3rd time it made a pop and audio was cutout again. darn. must be something wrong with the .nki file.

7. ben logan

ben logan New Member

This is bad news. I just bought Live 8.04 for use with Akoustik Piano.

8. geoelectro

geoelectro NI Product Owner

Try running AP in the free Kontakt player. It's a better engine.

Geoelectro

9. zamyen

zamyen NI Product Owner

Hi, Just so you know, this issue still exists even using the library in Kontakt 4.

After hours of research and testing on my own PC there is no workaround I have found.

(In summary -- old Akoustic Piano VST has this bug & Akoustic Piano sound sets and interface loaded via Kontakt 4 also has this bug).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.