1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Applications crashing

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by jojigs, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jojigs

jojigs New Member

Hello all,
    I am trying to run TraktorScratch on a home built pc, Athlon 1.6ghz 1gig of ram, usb 2.0 controller, fresh install of windows xp with service pack 2 and every recent update.

The problem I am having is that both Service center and TraktorScratch applications crash immediately after launching. I launch and I immediately get the "ServiceCenter.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." or in the case with TracktorScratch get "TraktorScratch.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Support initially told me to try the .18 update to service center. No help. Then they told me to check my flash install. Tried that too. No help either. Then I sent them further information about the error messages where Windows asks you if you'd like to see further information about the crash data that they are trying to send which for servicecenter is "AppName: servicecenter.exe AppVer: 1.1.0.18 ModName: servicecenter.exe
    ModVer: 1.1.0.18 Offset: 00189b0e" and TracktorScratch is ""AppName: traktorscratch.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.30 ModName: traktorscratch.exe
    ModVer: 1.0.0.30 Offset: 008a2e58""

The audio8 drivers installed just fine btw.

The error messages looked like they might be memory related so I checked the ram by pulling out the dimms and putting in older ones. This pc has never given me any troubles, it ran Final Scratch 1.5 fine, it played dvds, I surfed the web, and I watched tv on it. I wiped and did a fresh install of Windows because I thought it would help.

Anyone have any ideas? I haven't heard from support since Thursday.

Just in case any software engineers are reading, here are the full error logs.

Attached Files:

2. sleizure

sleizure Forum Member

Good Info - send it into the Support Team and you should get a fast response..

3. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

How much ram do you have installed?

Download this tool and test your ram, http://www.memtest86.com/

Also, what is your support ticket number?

4. jojigs

jojigs New Member

1 gig of ram. I tested the ram last night actually by pulling out the dimms and installing other ones I had. Same crash, same error. I'll try the software app you posted quartz. Thanks.

Sleizure, I contacted the support team about this last week and again, I haven't heard from them since Thursday.

Support ticket number is 105318.

5. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

hmmm.

is your computer way below the specs or unsupported in any other way?

you might want to write down all the tech specs here...

6. jojigs

jojigs New Member

Home built pc, Athlon 1.6ghz 1gig of ram, usb 2.0 controller, fresh install of windows xp with service pack 2 and every recent update. What other specs should I post? Sound card is the built in sound on the motherboard... I don't remember the brand of the motherboard.

Still no word from Native Instruments support. They've been silent since Thursday.

7. djquartz

Have you tried to install TS through safe mode?

What if you only leave 512mb or 256mb ram in the system?

I did forward your issue, so I will try my best to help until further info comes back from support.

I don't mind helping people. I've had users from the forum call me personally before.

8. jojigs

jojigs New Member

Thanks djquartz, I'll try the safe mode thing.

I tested with only one of the 512mb sticks of ram. Same thing. Then I pulled out that 512 and put in the other 512 I had pulled out. Same thing. Then I went to two 256mb sticks I had... same thing.

Like I said, I know there's nothing wrong with the computer. It ran Final Scratch 1.5, played dvds, and I surfed the web fine with it. The only other thing I added was the USB 2.0 card, but that seems to be working fine and I really don't think that would cause both the service center and the traktorscratch application to crash immediately upon launch.

9. djquartz

I hear what you're saying, especially being a fresh install.

However, there is something system specific. I've installed TS on four different machines, one being a Mac and they have all installed flawlessly.

But, let me know how the safemode trial goes.

10. DJ Freshfluke

DJ Freshfluke Traktor Mod Moderator

do you have any special characters in any file path?
    did you install in the default paths or did you choose own paths?

11. jojigs

jojigs New Member

No, no special characters in any paths... Installed in all direct directories. I used to do software testing actually and I am pretty sure I ruled out all of the basics.

I emailed support and told them to close the thread. I said screw it and decided to buy a new computer. It was time anyway.

Thanks for all your help guys. I'm sure I'll be lurking around here once I get my new computer and everything installed.

That is unless TraktorScratch doesn't like the new Santa Rosa Macbook Pros. Then I'm really going to be upset.

12. djquartz

You will be safe with an Intel based Mac.

Keep us posted on how you make out with it.

13. jojigs

jojigs New Member

Got my new machine.
    Shiny new LED backlit Macbook Pro basic config...

Everything installed fine.
    Try to activate the product.....

Type in serial number....

"The serial number you sent to NI is already registered."

I'm seriously livid right now.
    My new support request: RS 216463

At this point, this freaking thing better be the second coming of Jesus after all this hassle. I've never had any software give me this much hassle BEFORE use.

14. djquartz

Did you deactivate the orignal registration first?

15. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

jojigs: From your descriptions it sounds like you have used 2 activations while trying to get Scratch to work on your PC. You need to go to http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?id=register_us, log in, go to View and Manage Registrations, and deactivate one or both of your current activations. Then try again to activate (*not* register!) Scratch on your MacBook.

16. jojigs

jojigs New Member

No, I only tried to get this thing running on ONE machine up until today and never once did I type in the serial number. As a matter of fact, it took me about five minutes of digging around in the box to find the card with the serial number in it.

Here is what I think happened: When I purchased the crossgrade offer box from my local GuitarCenter, I noticed the box was open. I checked everything when I got home and really didn't think much of it since I've spent the last two weeks trying to get the applications to even launch on my old computer. Today, on my new machine, I get the apps to launch and I find the serial number is already registered. I think some goof at GuitarCenter probably was using the box they sold me to demonstrate the product at one of their locations. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Support actually got back to me rather quickly today and reset my password. (I don't know what that's supposed to accomplish) but I tried logging in to service center with the new password and I still got the same message.

Someone needs to make this right on their end by either tracking who registered this serial number first or issuing me a new one.

17. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

I guess that'll cure you from buying open-box software from now on... You might also want to complain to GC for selling it.
    I hope Registration Support can sort things out for you.

18. jojigs

jojigs New Member

I didn't really realize it was open box either... they didn't tell me it was open too. It was a clean box... taped up, but when I unboxed everything else, I noticed the application cd was already open. That's when I took a closer look at the box and realized what had happened.

19. jojigs

jojigs New Member

Ok, I'm trying to at least try this program out in demo mode.... I am getting green from the audio 8 saying inputs for channel a and b are fine.... my macbookpro recognizes the audio 8 interface... but I load up tracks in scratch and nothing happens. Is this because I'm stuck in demo hell or yet another folly in what is coming to be a god awful experience?

20. djquartz

Are the A & B buttons highlighted in the scratch panel?

So the dealer sold you an used package?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.