1. Hi everyone,

We have just announced our latest version of the Komplete bundles.

Find out more about the bundles and the newly added instruments

Komplete 13 is available for pre-order now, and will become available for download on October 1, 2020.

Best wishes, 
    The NI Team

Dismiss Notice

Applications crashing

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by jojigs, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jojigs

jojigs New Member

Actually, everything started working when I unplugged and replugged all the cables.

I am guessing they sold me a demo box? I don't know for sure, it was just a theory.

2. djquartz

djquartz NI Product Owner

Good news,

Did you resolve the registration issue?

3. jojigs

jojigs New Member

Thanks DJQuartz. Haven't gotten registration resolved yet. I wasn't expecting a reply over the weekend actually.

4. jojigs

jojigs New Member

Native's reply this morning:
    "Your belief in the series of events may be correct; your serial number
    is registered to another user in the same area.

In this case, you must contact the retailer, as it is their
    responsibility to ensure returned products are not already registered and to
    inform customers if they are purchasing returned products."

Greeeeat.

You know what? I've worked support.... and this is completely a completely unsatisfactory response. You cannot just pass this off to the retailer. The company should work with their retailer to resolve this issue instead of telling me basically, not our problem. Your problem. resolve with retailer.

Not even details of the registration so I can try to resolve this with GuitarCenter (believe me, they got an earful too.) They will probably let me return this product, but guess what? Now I have to buy the full version if I want TraktorScratch (Do I really?). Not to mention, since I used my Native Instruments log in to access the TraktorScratch crossgrade page, my FinalScratch downloads are no longer accessible to me. So now I have nothing.

Really, this whole software registration thing is such BS.

5. djquartz

@ JoJigs

I will forward your issue to someone to make this easier for you.

6. AudioRapture

AudioRapture NI Product Owner

No. GC should still have a few Crossgrades in stock. They just won't get any new ones.
    They (GC) should give you an *unopened* Crossgrade box and end of story. They are the reason why you have the headache, not NI. GC violated their own policy by taking back openbox software:
    "Due to certain legal and health restrictions, computer software (copyright legislation mandates no returns on opened software), books, videos, CDs, harmonicas, internal earphones, earplugs, and microphones are exempt from this policy. Computers, DJ cartridges and styli, fog fluid, cleaning products, opened strings, tubes are also exempt, as are any items special ordered from a manufacturer for a specific customer."

I call BS on that. Unless you transferred ownership of FS2 you still have access to the downloads. Unless you want T3.2.085 - no user has direct access to that version. Everyone has to contact Support to get that particular one.

7. djquartz

@jojigs

Your issue has been forwarded along with this forum post. Hopefully they can resolve your issue quickly.

8. Marius @ NI

Marius @ NI NI Team NI Team

Hi jojigs,

unfortunately this was a wrong information by a relatively new member of the US registration support team. Please write a support follow up and attach a copy of your receipt in order to issue a replacement serial number. I have informed our US support team, so that they should now be aware of the correct handling of your case. Sorry for the confusion.

9. jojigs

jojigs New Member

Thank you Marius, Thank you djquartz,
    Everything has been resolved and I'm sitting here bpm-ing and sorting my collection...

Btw, for everyone else, go check out quartz's mixes, they're great!

Thanks again folks!

10. kenny_ttgroove

kenny_ttgroove NI Product Owner

Ok you bought a mac now.. I can just post what happaned to me with a fresh install on my PC, with Windows XP fresh install. Almost the same, but I googled for a few hours and found out that I had to install Windows Media Player bechause Traktor Scratch needs some files witch is with the WMP install. This solved my problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.