1. We're currently conducting systematic tests with the release version of macOS 11 (Big Sur) in order to offer full compatibility of our products as soon as possible. You can find our latest compatibility status - here

Please note that although announced at the same time as macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon processors are an independent release with separate compatibility concerns for NI products. Compatibility with macOS Big Sur will not yet ensure compatibility with Apple Silicon processors. At the moment, Native Instruments products are not supported on computers with Apple Silicon processors. Read more - here

Dismiss Notice

Are u guys still working on the update?

Discussion in 'TRAKTOR PRO / TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO' started by DJ Noogman, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Noogman

DJ Noogman New Member

I`gettin`a little bit nervous `bout the long,long betatestphase and u must know, where i come from the season get´s closer and the current version of TPRO is really not Professionell as u want me to write here.

What i want? - A status update, pls...

and sure i bought the great 3 new products from the NAMM. So u`ll get your money for the work.

♪♫♪...da simmer dabei, dat is PriMMMAA♪♫♪:p

2. tubby

tubby Forum Member

it is over 5 weeks since the last update saying 1.03 was in beta testing, surely there's some news to report

3. oldgit

oldgit NI Product Owner

I read that this was planned to be out first week of the new year. I have to say that now I has made various tweaks and actually learnt properly how to use PRO it is not as big an issue as it was, but still concerning none the less.

4. DiscoNova

DiscoNova NI Product Owner

Sorry to be the one that has to break the news to you, but the beta test phase has been cancelled temporarily, as the whole R&D-team has been reassigned to the annual solitaire-championship tournament and thong field testing. I'm sure you understand that it's a matter of prioritising.

:)

5. Ancipital

Ancipital NI Product Owner

To be fair, we have to chill while they beta test, as the problem up 'till now has been huge howlers of bugs which clearly could have been spotted with a a minimal amount of proper testing. We can't have it both ways- either fast or well-tested..

6. Marc_Tf

Marc_Tf NI Product Owner

Some people say that we were all were beta-testers on the 1.01 and 1.02 releases,
    I would not mind beta testing the 1.03..

7. lethal_pizzle

lethal_pizzle NI Product Owner

Well the update thread was edited yesterday, and now includes:

# New Z-Plane Elastique V2.1 time-stretching algorithm
    # Advanced Interface/Controller Setup Wizard

...the advanced interface/controller setup wizard is intriguing.

8. Marc_Tf

Marc_Tf NI Product Owner

Cool.. I missed that..

9. pqdbr

pqdbr Forum Member

oh oh ... Torq 1.5 (just released) has the new Z-Plane Elastique v.2.1 ... and I hate to break the news, but its garbage. Tons of audio artifacts. When you don't touch the pitch slider it has a good quality output, but as soon as you touch the pitch slider the glitches come in ... nasty ones.

Almost everybody is reverting to the standard (older) time-streching algorithm (gladly they made an option in preferences about this)

10. Thomas @ NI

Thomas @ NI Administrator NI Team

The new version needs a pretty extensive beta test because of the large number of new features and fixes. You can subscribe to the "official update status" thread and you will get notified about the next status update automatically.

According to Z-Plane, Torq 1.5 uses the first generation of Elastique (V 1.3).

11. mfshva

mfshva NI Product Owner

mixvibes cross use Elastique 2.0 and it is very powerfull pitch with +/- 20% is no problems and there are no horrible artifacts, you can test it for free as demo

12. syne101

syne101 Forum Member

Nice to have an official response.
    Looks like it will be a nice update.
    what does this mean:|"Modifiers for keyboard mappings"?
    Are there more modifiers to work with?

13. djjasoncarroll

djjasoncarroll NI Product Owner

1. Welcome
    Thank you for choosing TRAKTOR!
    As a legal owner of this software you are contributing to its maintenance and to the cre-
    ation of future updates.
    TRAKTOR PRO and TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO introduce a new level of usability and cre-
    ativity into software based DJing. This manual will show you how to use TRAKTOR and
    all of its features.
    We hope you enjoy using TRAKTOR and that it stimulates your creativity as a DJ.
    Sincerely,
    Your NATIVE INSTRUMENTS Team

Page 1 of the manual, were all on the team to make TSP better I im happy to do so and happy to wait for the polished version.

14. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

How profound. You learned how to properly use the software.

I wonder how many other people this could help?

15. garysulter

garysulter NI Product Owner

But if everyone did that would take out a lot of fun in the forums... :p

16. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

It means that you can use modifiers on your Keyboard HotKeys in the same way you can on your midi device.

17. oldgit

oldgit NI Product Owner

When I first used it it frooze in fornt of 200 people (I had CD back up so was able to get by till I had re-booted) I also used the delay and did not reset it so the next time I loaded a track there was no sound.

I started from scratch reading the forums and manual, and doing things like updating my soundcards drivers, defragging my hard drives. I did this and it paid dividends, because I can now play 3 decks in sync have club like reverbs and delays things I would really struggle with in previous versions. At 50 I now have 21 year olds coming up shaking my hand and asking how I was doing my mixes.

18. Karlos Santos

Karlos Santos Rocket Man Moderator

Sage advice. Take note kids, the oldies have got you licked. Ha :D

19. TeLLy

TeLLy NI Product Owner Extraordinaire

^^Amen to oldgit! Member of the month nominee!

20. chilly

chilly Returning Customer

Absolutely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.