Arm track feature (new record mode)

Discussion in 'Feature Request Archive' started by Chris1982, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Chris1982

Chris1982 New Member

I use Maschine in plug-in mode inside a daw and create the basic ideas and patterns with Maschine because
    because I love the workflow. Once finished I separate the groups/sounds to different midi tracks and copy the patterns as midi to the daw tracks. In Maschine I have an empty scene left to avoid double notes.

Now the problem starts. At this point you cannot use the record function inside Maschine any more because it will also record all the midi triggered tracks. This is a pity, because now you have to do all the stuff inside the daw and the workflow features of machine are gone.

Simple solution. In the record settings add a feature:
    Record mode: All (legacy) / Selected GROUP / Selected SOUND

Please NI! This would be so nice...

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mr36

Mr36 NI Product Owner

It has been lamented and requested many times before and I (along with many others) agree it would be very welcome indeed. However, I wouldn't want it to be restricted to either current functionality or just selected elements, but to actually be able to record arm each element as I choose. Because maybe I do want Group F to record incoming MIDI no matter what Group is selected, but Groups B, C, and D are just being sequenced externally so I don't want them recording at all. It should also be easy to toggle on/off per element.

3. Chris1982

Chris1982 New Member

Hey, I totally agree with you. Your feature request is even better... I just wanted the feature to sound as easy as possible to implement if a coder of NI is reading this. Maybe phase 1 and 2 :) What do you think, any chance we will get this feature soon?
    My current solution for this problem is to use two instances of maschine. One for midi triggered notes and one for performing... But it's not very handy because I always have to copy groups or sounds between the instances...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Depka

Depka NI Product Owner

Yep this would be great ....if NI ever listened to it's customers :/ they just dont give a damn :/ Jesus christ is 4 years old and still not done.....this would actually make maschine usable inside any DAW ...but NOOOO **** the customers right ?