Arturia V-Collection 5

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by djenzyme, May 19, 2016.

1. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

This has just been released but there doesn't seem to be any mention of .nks standard anywhere??!

https://www.arturia.com/

It feels like it's only just been implemented but they're moving on already...

2. Celdram

Celdram New Member

No , they are working on it ( not sure , but if not that would be ridiculous ).
    The priority was to release the pack, not the NKS format

3. Celdram

Celdram New Member

Urs Heckman told me it took him, just one guy for 3 weeks to make Diva NKS ready.
    But it is just one synth.

4. Tooshka

Tooshka NI Product Owner

Really ?
    Seriously, in three weeks i could Map out and resave the presets of at least 10-20 synths like Diva, that has to be a major major issue for NI, developers are just not able to give 3 weeks of their life away, we are never going to see any of the good indy stuff going NKS at that rate, that is a serious serious issue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Miraculous

Miraculous NI Product Owner

Looking forward to try the resizable gui....On smaller screens or bigger high resolution screens some of the synths were too small, finally it's addressed.

6. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

not sure resizable GUI's worth $99 tbh they do say the sound engines have been updated, bit skeptical

• Like Like x 2
  7. Miraculous

Yes, I feel ya....I just learned that updating a single product would cost me 9,99 Euro per synth though....it would be worth it to me to update the ones that I use or would like to use more frequently...

8. the hamburgler

the hamburgler Forum Member

has anyone updated yet spill the beans on what you like

9. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

I think the the Arturia Synclavier V sounds good great interface

10. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...did you also get the offer to upgrade from 4 to 5 for 199,-?...

11. Syver

Syver NI Product Owner

Is it still NKS compatible ?

12. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Yeah I see that in my account. Remember their is a expiration date for the upgrade.

13. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...ok, thanks...i was just curious if the update price is the same for people (like me) who bought the v collection when it was "on sale" from the ni site...

14. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

The upgrade for Analog Lab is free so I checked that out and it looks and sounds great. I think it uses the engines from the synths so the sound should be very similar :)

Actually the previous .nks integration only uses the same content as the Analog Lab library, the full content of each instrument isn't included. Based on that, it shouldn't be that hard to integrate as .nks.

Has anyone upgraded yet? I'm curious to know whether the .nks is already done and they just haven't mentioned it :confused:

15. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

You cant update the synths separately???

16. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

yeah its an improvement...but you cant tweak V4 synths in it, you have to pay for the upgrade to do that as well

i feel like theyve shot themselves in the foot a bit...they should scrap the $99 upgrade and just have the V5 upgrade imo

17. Miraculous

Yes, you can and I just did it for 9,99 per synth since I owned a few products but not the komplete V-Collection.
    I must say the resizable GUI is a real improvement, no more hard to read parameters and tiny controls.....

18. mikeinashed

mikeinashed New Member

Maybe a daft question, but it says that Spark isn't included in the V collection 5. Can someone who has upgraded fully from 4 to 5 confirm that you don't lose Spark?

Ta!

19. klaus brandenburg

klaus brandenburg New Member

Just upgraded today. No you don't lose spark and you don't lose your V4 instruments (thanks to g0d). The new GUI is quite appealing and long overdue but the V5 instruments don't include the FX plugins for MiniV, Modular and ARP anymore. Also the standalone versions don't have audio inputs anymore, so some features of the mentioned instruments are'n usable at this point. I can't say if this is working in any other DAW but in Bitwig it doesn't. The new instruments are "OKish" but nothing you couldn't get elsewhere. The Piano is a huge letdown because there are too few options for a modelled intrument.

20. mikeinashed

mikeinashed New Member

Thanks! I really like the Arturia stuff and I'm tempted to upgrade, but it seems a little underwhelming for the money so I might give it a while.