Arturia V-Collection 5

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by djenzyme, May 19, 2016.

1. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...i'm pretty sure i saw the option to update the instruments individually...isn't there an option in your user account where the instruments are listed?...at the bottom of the list?...it's not there for me since i already upgraded so i can't verify that anymore...

2. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

nope...the instruments are listed within the textbox for the v collection with one upgrade button, there are no individual instruments on my account page. On the product>software>"any synth" you can download the v3 version, but in demo, not as an upgrade. No one I know has been able to update individual instruments except those that bought them separately.

3. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

try going
    through the service center

4. theinvis

for you guys that have this stuff, I see two versions of analog lab now, why wouldn't they just update analog lab v1 to 2 why did they leave version 1 and add the second version?

5. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...i haven't tried but i'd say v1 works with collection 4 and v2 with collection 5 only...they completely redesigned and changed the preset/search system so analog lab v2 wouldn't work with collection 4...the browser now looks like maschine's btw...

6. theinvis

I have A4 but don't have A5 and I downloaded analog lab v2 and it works, it was a free upgrade but it's separate from version 1?

7. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

I think the two different versions exist because of the different midi controllers they've released , the keylab and the one before that ,that came with analog laboratory

8. theinvis

so do the analog labs have their own sound engines cause I heard they use they need to use the other apps in the bundle to work?

9. ALDREAD

ALDREAD NI Product Owner

Do you mean the individual synths ? Having those give you more editing capabilities ,and more presets I think .
    I had analog lab then vcollection 3 but I sold it with my mpc ren ( mpc software kept losing all my v collection plugin data) to fund my maschine studio , I swapped analog lab with forum member foxxy , found that it kept crashing , tho I wished I kept it now ,now it's all nks and that I'm gonna get it when they do a deal ,

10. theinvis

I've got the 4th generation bundle but I heard from somewhere that the analog lab app was used the engines from the individual instruments in the bundle to do it's thing, but I guess that's not the case cause version 2 is working fine without me having version 5 of the bundle, either that or it's compatible with my version 4, or it's completely self contained?

11. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

Analog Lab 2 uses the engines from the V5 synths but does not allow editing unless you have the V5 synths. If you have V4 it's worth keeping Analog Lab 1 as it works with V4. Having said that, you probably don't use Analog Lab much as the individual synth presets are integrated into Maschine

It's nice that the Analog Lab 2 upgrade is free, over 5000 sounds, but of course once it's being used you want the full versions of the synths....

• Like Like x 1
  12. theinvis

ok so this is what I'm saying/asking.... I own V collection 4 and it has analog 1, but I installed analog lab 2 as well and it works. I do not have V collection 5 yet.... so my question is how is analog 2 working for me if I don't have the bundle 5 version... I've never had it or installed any demos of it....I've only had V collection installed I guess for close i dunno, close to a year. Does this mean that analog lab 2 has it's own engine, or that it's using the engines from my V collection 4?...

the reason I'm even asking about all of this is because some people are saying the V collection 5's engines have been improved so I'm contemplating on updating but it's not super necessary especially if analog lab v2 is using it's own improved engine because it's got allot of patches from the new instruments that are not in v collection 4, but enough to hold me until later as I'm really only interested in the farfisa and the synclavier. So why is analog lab 2 working for me?

13. theinvis

:confused: okay little slow, haven't slept in two days.. so analog lab 2 has the new sound engine and and works but you can't 'edit'
    anything unless you have V collection 5. ok I got it..... thanks Djenzyme and anybody else who tried to bounce this info off of my noggin.

• Like Like x 1
  14. djenzyme

I was just about to reply but you've got it! ;)

15. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

nope its not actually an option at all...only individually bought synths

16. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

well Ive demoed a few, the ones I use and I can hear zero difference in sound quality apart from the moog, which sounds nearly as good as the latest releases now...smoke n mirrors the rest methinks

17. theinvis

this is exactly what I did, went through the service center and on the left side of the screen it listed all the instruments in v collection 4 that I have, they each had the word update next to them highlighted in green, but analog 2 had the word install next to it, after I clicked it everything installed correctly.. Then I preceded to click each update button, after each instrument downloaded to install the old nks update.

18. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

Arturia just got back to me.
    1. The V Collection 5 does integrate NKS.
    2. You don't have to uninstall your V Collection 4, simply install the V Collection 5 over the V Collection 4.

19. djenzyme

It's a side by side install. Once V-Collection 5 is installed you still have access to V-Collection 4 unless you remove it.

20. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

Im not sure if your getting what I was saying mate...I was talking about updating the individual synths to the new GUI versions, I can only do it for $99 for the lot, not $9.99 per instrument

which is moot as Ive stuck the collection on ebay...f*ck arturia :D

• Informative Informative x 1