Arturia V-Collection 5

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by djenzyme, May 19, 2016.

1. skinswashdc

skinswashdc Well-Known Member

I have to say I think the AIR Instrument Complete Bundle is more inspiring and a better investment than the V collection.

2. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

I love arturia's sound

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rens Troost

Rens Troost NI Product Owner

OK, so I dont know much about arturia's software infrastructure but how the heck do I remove the v4 now I have the VV installed? do I really have to painstakingly remove directories, vsts, etc. etc? or is there a script to kill the old version? I looked around on google and on arturia but to no avail.

4. mrjackster

mrjackster New Member

i'm with you Rens. Arturia have a ridiculously inadequate answer on their site. How can they not give ANY solution to this. I get they didn't want to automatically install version 4 for compatibility reasons - but at least give us the option...

5. theinvis

6. scheffkoch

scheffkoch NI Product Owner

...anyone else having problems with maschine (as vst inside ableton) and the v collection?...when i have more than one synth open maschine's sequencer lags/has hiccups...

7. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

8. fusionid

fusionid NI Product Owner

It looks like the upgrade deal is still available through sweetwater but not plugindiscount or plug in boutique...hmm

9. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

I was very tempted by this love the look of the interface but I just feel the soft synths though technically great they dont in general have a unique tonal character that I tend to heard in hardware.

having said that I do think the cs 80 plug-in from auturia is the exception to the above rule.

but the other did not seem to have the individual tonal sound characteristic; they all have a homogeneous tonal sound to em imo.

10. larserik

larserik NI Product Owner

Love this update, better preset handling and a UI that I can see without using the magnifier in Windows.

Stand alone crashed a lot but after the latest update(s) that problem seems to be gone for me.

11. b-righteous

b-righteous Moderator Moderator

I though this about Arturia in general. However, The Sem V is something special imo.
    Some of the newer stuff is a step up from the old. The new improved mini V sounds pretty good and the Synclaviar is nice. The string and Farfisa organ are decent too. The new B3 and all the EP's sound really fake imo. The older stuff all sounds the same still, very thin.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. theinvis

i agree, but the vox, fafisa, solina, sound fantastic as do the isem, 2600 etc.. I don't know why they even do the ep's

13. jpeg

jpeg Forum Member

Im sure they all sound good but do u think these different synths have unique sounds/ or a unique tone? the Arturia's seem to have all the same tonal quality

14. eroxx

eroxx NI Product Owner

I'm really hoping someone can help with this -

I upgraded to V5 and I see in maschine that the .nks presets have MORE per instrument on the V4 models.

For example: Arp 2600 V (vol 4) - 669 ARP 2600 V3 (vol 5) - 535 ...

????

15. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

I think the .nks content is the same as the content that comes with Analog Lab. V5 is based on Analog Lab 2 so it could be the difference between the 2 Analog Lab versions.

16. eroxx

eroxx NI Product Owner

If you wouldn't mind, could you pick an instrument and tell me how many .nks patches you have for that?

17. djenzyme

djenzyme NI Product Owner

My Mini V folder has 486 .nks presets in it.

18. eroxx

eroxx NI Product Owner

And that's V4 or V5?

Do you still have V4? If so, would be VERy curious about both ... Thanks!

19. eroxx

eroxx NI Product Owner

Basically, what I want to do is if V4 has more presets than V5, I just would think the opposite if anything!

20. LBH

LBH NI Product Owner

Usually i'm not in this forum. Just saw the topic by chance.

Arturia VC5 has less presets, but also some new presets that's not in VC4.
    What preset is missing in VC5 you'll have to find out yourself.
    Arturia has some correction to do about how many presets VC5 has.
    I don't use nks presets but i assume it's the same number.

BTW. Arturia has a forum too.