Arturia V-Collection 5

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by djenzyme, May 19, 2016.

1. eroxx

eroxx NI Product Owner

Thanks!

2. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

Eroxx or anyone in the know, what became of this situation... what did you find out?

3. eroxx

eroxx NI Product Owner

Arturia emailed me back that the presets changed with V5 and that there are in fact fewer, and different. I still fail to understand why we don't get duplicates of the old ones, but alas.

4. theinvis

I'm looking at some kind of preset updater in my account, did you make any use of that and was it worth it, also did you find out how many presets are missing?

5. LBH

LBH NI Product Owner

There is a preset updater on Arturias download page. It can only update user presets from V-Collection 4. So to update/ convert factory presets from VC4, then you have to save the presets using "Save as" first, so the preset in a way will become a user preset. It's quite annoying, but it's possible, and you need to have the VC4 applications to be able to update/ convert the presets.

There are informations about this in Arturias knowleadge base and in different Arturia VC5 forums.

6. theinvis

thanks for the info, both of you.

7. JBlongz

JBlongz NI Product Owner

I made sure that in the V4 collection, I went though all the presets and saved everyone that I liked into a new bank...didnt even rename...just 'default ##' format. When I used the V5 updater, it brought over all my saves. Now I rename them in V5 as I find time. I'm kind of bummed with the synth and preset changes, but I really do prefer the current preset management. I hope its only improvements from here.