Arturia V Collection 5

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by mtsz, May 23, 2017.

1. mtsz

mtsz NI Product Owner

anyone going for this on the sale?

thoughts / ratings from anyone currently using it?

2. slyte

slyte NI Product Owner

I'm in for this one. I hesitated a lot about arturia sound engine over the past years but now they seem on top with the 5.3 .

• Like Like x 1
  3. D-J-K

D-J-K NI Product Owner

as tempting as it is, I've got more synth plugins than I know what to do with so I'm going to resist.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

Ive had it since v3. The new stuffs all pretty good, some like the SEM and Synthclavier worth the price of admission alone. The minimoogs been updated and its a ball hair off being as good as monark. The piano and other keys are above average too, not sure how much use youd get out of them.

Its pretty much decided online that the older ones are long in the tooth but when I made the same patch on Rolands new Jup 8 plugin compared to Arturias the difference wasnt worth bothering about tbh, the Roland version was slightly more detailed...in a mix no one would care.

I use hardware and these end up as place holders but they neednt be, Id rate them pretty high.

• Like Like x 3
  5. AureVoir

AureVoir NI Product Owner

my buddy just bought it and loves it. he said its he's happy with his choice

• Like Like x 1
  6. terrybritton

terrybritton NI Product Owner

I jumped into the sale last year, and am more than pleased with it. Also, the integration with the NKS standard is robust!!! Good tagging, etc. Completely browse-able using Maschine or Komplete Kontrol. AND all the "scribble strips" (for the S-series keyboards) and macro controls are set up very nicely!

Terry

• Like Like x 1
  7. J-Fly

J-Fly NI Product Owner

Do you remember what the cost was? I should have gotten it but I was being cheap.

8. terrybritton

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  9. motionscreen

motionscreen NI Product Owner

I´ve tried the JUP-8 demo last year but didn´t buy it. In my eyes it sounded kinda lame. At least the Jupiter sounds from Diva were much more shining and detailled. And Diva is NKS-ready, too.
    There are a few special and interesting presets for Arturia´s Jupiter, but they all make use of this extra "Galaxy" module which is not accessible via NKS controllers. When I noticed that, I´ve lost interest in this plugin.
    Of course it´s a big bundle for a reasonable price, but in the end it wouldn´t add any new and well-sounding plugins to what I already have.

• Like Like x 1
  10. terrybritton

If you got it for Sem V and Synclavier V ALONE it would be worth what NI is asking for it. There are many gems in there besides those as well.

Terry

• Like Like x 1
  11. baridw1

baridw1 NI Product Owner

I used it in a friends studio for a few months, almost purchased it for $499.00 but decided to wait until black Friday or cyber Monday then NI came with this great deal. I'm assuming maybe it will be updated to V6 soon but that's a guess. I feel like it's well worth the $250.00 I'm all about it being NKS-ready as well so I'm happy with it!

• Like Like x 2
  12. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

I havent tried Diva, but Im sure youre completely correct in your assessment, like I said the Roland one was definitely more detailed. But in a mix, and when I run what little software I have through outboard it becomes far less noticeable.

In truth though you dont really want to buy this package based on the VSTi's pre SEM V, other than the minimoog theyve had little more than tweaks...but the later plugins stand up to any other new VSTi's, granted DIVA is a bit special (all his instruments are), but Id say the SEM and synthclavier are too.

At $250 theyre a good addition, almost no brainer, at $399 you need to look into your arsenal first imho

13. terrybritton

I was just over at the new Arturia Sound Packs store, and if you already own Analog Lab or Analog Lab Lite (or the V Collection, of course), there are four free sound packs to be had by you. I suppose it is to promote their new sound pack offerings, as this store is a new feature of version 5.3 that was just released.
    • Dark Ambient
    • Iconic Vibration
    • Ambient Soundscapes
    • House Chords
    "The sound banks are additional content for Arturia virtual instruments. They require you to own either Analog Lab or each of the other related instruments to make full use of them."

Here they are:
    https://www.arturia.com/analoglab/sounds

They already have several for sale that look REALLY nice! Listen to the demo tracks, of course.

Terry

• Like Like x 2
  14. theinvis

theinvis NI Product Owner

thanks for the tip, is it really 4 mine looks like they are only offering 1, will investigate further.

15. theinvis

strangely the instructions once you log on are to click on some sound market icon, but they don't show the icon they are talking about? what does it look like?

16. terrybritton

Actually, all I did was to log into my account page and click the "More Info" next to each item, where the download link appears. I then downloaded them and ran each one's installer.

I believe there is a "sound market" icon in Analog Lab 2.

Terry

• Like Like x 1
  17. theinvis

thanks Terry it came through, apparently I was trying to install the patches but hadn't updated v-5 yet so they wouldn't show up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ApproachToSilence

ApproachToSilence NI Product Owner

Hello,

I have also bought the Arturia V-Collection 5.
    But the grafics are awefull as well in standalone mode as in maschine (s. screens)
    What could be the solution?

And where do I find the Analog Lab in Maschine?
    I already rescaned the plugins.

Thank you very much.
    All the best Michael

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      140.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      175.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      75.9 KB
      Views:
  19. terrybritton

If this has nothing to do with having monitors set to way-too-small a screen resolution, definitely re-install. You may need to un-install and then install again.

Analog Lab does not appear in Maschine or Komplete Kontrol for me either, not even from the Plugins menu. That makes sense, because Analog Lab is not really an instrument. It is Arturia's "Komplete Kontrol," in a sense. (It would be loading a wrapper inside a wrapper - same reason you cannot load Komplete Kontrol into Maschine, I'd imagine.)

However, if you did get any of the sound packs I mentioned above, they show up as a bank in the synths they cover when you look at the Arturia browser. Those sound-pack presets do not appear to show in the Maschine or Komplete Kontrol browser, so those haven't been made "NKS" yet, I suppose. (Actually, I should double-check on that - I'm not sure I did a library scan after installing the packs.)

Terry

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  20. hathor

hathor New Member

Well; I have 4 update, which is the 5.3 versions of the synths in 4 without the new 5 synths. I am pretty happy with it, so to me it's worth $99 to have the full collection, especially with the Maschine integration.

• Like Like x 1