Arturia V Collection 5

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by mtsz, May 23, 2017.

1. ApproachToSilence

ApproachToSilence NI Product Owner

Hi Terry,
    thank you for your help.
    I already had re-installed all the stuff - but the problems were not solved.
    I wrote to Arturia technical support.
    They gave me a perfect hint:
    >>If you are actually facing a GUI issue with our softwares (Black window, UI broken etc...).
    This is due to your GPU drivers which have difficulties to handle the OpenGL engine. (3D Engine)

To solve this issue this is pretty simple:

- First, please try to update your GPU drivers.
    In most cases, this will allow your GPU to handle the Open GL engine correctly and fix this issue once for all.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Best Oscillations.<<

Now it's runnig without the faults and interruptions:
    the graphics are very good -
    and the sound:
    it's absolutely awesome!!!

All the best
    Michael

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. terrybritton

terrybritton NI Product Owner

@ApproachToSilence - That is EXCELLENT news! And good information to have - thanks!

Terry

3. jonespnice

jonespnice NI Product Owner

How do you guys think Omnisphere 2 compare with the Arturia V collection, strictly as a synth? Omnisphere 2 has alot of the oscillator waveforms of the V collection synths (saw, square, etc) and the sound shaping abilities can match that of the V collection also. It has the bite that you'd expect from these synths also. If everything is pretty much equal (so to speak) then I'd rather only work with Omnisphere 2 and really master that as a synth instead of trying to be proficient with a bunch of synths. My question is can I get, using Omnisphere, the sounds/feel that the V collection gives you or is it completely different?

4. terrybritton

A different approach. Emulations such as those found in the Arturia collection model aspects of the analog responsiveness that the original circuits portrayed.

But mastering Omnisphere (or for another deep synth, Falcon) would not be time wasted! But they do not have the integration with Maschine's or Komplete Kontrol's software that the Arturia instruments do via NKS. (Though, for Omnisphere, see what Jason has created here.)

Terry

5. smilingcrow

smilingcrow NI Product Owner

Does this come with a single license/serial number like Komplete so you can't split up the collection with other people?
    So much stuff in this I would never use so a shame to waste it.

6. kcearl

kcearl NI Product Owner

single license

7. motionscreen

motionscreen NI Product Owner

I´ve tried some more demos now and I must admit that the SEM sounds really great. I also liked the Arp and the variety of the synth collection in general. So I think I´ll make up my mind and use the opportunity to buy the package.
    Only the everywhere well praised Synclavier did not convince me that much. To me it sounds like an average digital workstation from the late 90s....

8. SGodfrey

SGodfrey Member

Thanks for the tip Terry!

Oddly, I was only able to get Ambient Soundscapes and House Chords. Even though I followed the same I steps, I couldn't get Dark Ambient or Iconic Vibrations - they just never turned up under My Products. I wonder if it's because I have V Collection 4 rather than the latest? I have all the instruments in these sound packs, but perhaps it needs functionality only in the latest updated versions?

I had a look at upgrading to V Collection 5, but even at half price I don't get much more than I already have - SynClavier being the notable exception.

9. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

I can register all 4 free sound packs successfully, but when I check my products it only shows Ambient Soundscapes and House Chords. Already tried multiple times to register the other 2 packs and every time it tells me it was successful, but they don't appear in my products.

10. SGodfrey

SGodfrey Member

Same issue!
    Are you using V Collection 4 or 5?

11. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

I'm using v5, purchased last week.

12. SGodfrey

SGodfrey Member

Just to let you know, I have logged this as an issue with Arturia

• Like Like x 1
  13. SGodfrey

SGodfrey Member

Hi Reefius,

Arturia emailed me to say they have found something:-

"We've solved a small issue related to Dark ambient and iconic vibrations.
    I've added you these packs to your account.
    You should now find them in your MyArturia Account."

You should check again and see if you can download them now.

Cheers,
    Simon

• Like Like x 2
  14. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

I was able to install them with Analog Lab now, that didn,t work before.
    Thanks SGodfrey :)

15. SGodfrey

SGodfrey Member

The unfortunate thing for me is that as a V Collection v4 owner, these sound packs are only available under Analogue Lab and I don't use that because I have Komplete Kontrol/NKS. I understand this isn't the case for you Reefius since you're up to date with v5.

16. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

That kinda sucks, I usually don't use Analog Lab either, I just use the VST's of the synths directly.

Edit: the sounds seem to be added to the synths too.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  17. terrybritton

No, that should not be the case. After installing the pack, however you get that done, then it shows up when you load the instrument it applies to, showing the presets that were made for that instrument. So, for example, load Matrix V and the packs appear in the banks section showing only the Matrix V patches.

Terry

18. Reefius

Reefius NI Product Owner

The soundbanks don't seem to be NKS compatible, can't find them in Maschine.

19. terrybritton

They do not automatically appear in the Machine browser, but all the other NKS features work. And, you can save them as custom presets using "Save As" to add it your browser's User banks after selecting them from the instrument's built-in Arturia browser.

Terry

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  20. SGodfrey

SGodfrey Member

Latest from Arturia about using the free soundbanks with V Collection v4:-

"Sorry for this inconvenience.
    Unfortunately without owning the latest individual instrument licenses you will only be able to use them along with Analog Lab 2.
    For your information, you can load Analog Lab 2 as a plug-in in Komplete Kontrol Software using the drop down menu.
    Analog Lab 2 presets do not show in Komplete Kontrols browser, but can be selected in the loaded Analog Lab 2 plug-in."

• Informative Informative x 1