As of 2020, Whats the best Reaktor 6 Tutorial Course Out There?

Discussion in 'REAKTOR' started by DamianCee, Feb 8, 2020.

1. DamianCee

DamianCee New Member

I'm just wondering I wanted to know whats the best Reaktor course out there. I want to learn Reaktor 6 in and out and master it as much as possible. Thanks in advance.

2. ShelLuser

ShelLuser NI Product Owner

In all seriousness: the Reaktor manuals.

I'm not one to RTFM, and that is most certainly not my intention, but when it comes to tutorials there simply is no "best". One person is best suited with a tutorial which briefly addresses the main points and then they find out the rest for themselves whereas someone else needs to have everything explained to them in full detail.

So how would you determine "best" between these two?

The best you can do, and this applies to any programming environment, is to get your hands dirty. Come up with an idea or project to pursue and then try making it work. Just look up all the blanks (= stuff you don't know) during the process. You could use the manual for that, sure, but also check if others had the same problems and check our their solutions. I started with a few "getting started" guides on Youtube and once I got the basics I just started experimenting.

In the end no tutorial is going to really teach you how to program I think. I say that because a huge part of programming could be described as problem solving. And well... in my opinion getting started is a problem which is easily solvable with all the information that is available these days. Youtube can definitely be a good place to start.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DamianCee

DamianCee New Member

Thank you friend! This actually makes a whole lot of sense! It's true that I like to know the rules and examples before I dive deep so the quick starters are definitely helpful but once I have SOME kind of idea... I agree that figuring things yourself via the manual is the best way or truly master things. Thank you for the input because it really does make a whole lot of sense. Much love!

4. Harmonic Buzz

Harmonic Buzz NI Product Owner

Just to echo what ShelLuser said, the best I've found for me have been the Reaktor manuals. They take me a long time as after I've built each different tutorial in there, I then spend hours attempting to change it to do other things.

A couple of good things have come from that: 1) I think I've learned more in those sessions than in just following the tutes alone, and 2) even though I haven't always succeeded in what I was trying to do, almost every time I've landed somewhere interesting.

So if you're like me, use the tutes to get you started but don't be afraid to stuff around witht the results for even longer than you spent doing the tute.