1. IMPORTANT:
    We launched a new online community and this space is now closed. This community will be available as a read-only resources until further notice.
    JOIN US HERE

Audio 2 dj, windows 7, Asus laptop

Discussion in 'Technical Issues (Archive)' started by chen1083, Apr 20, 2011.

1. chen1083

chen1083 New Member

Hey there

i just bought new audio 2 dj and new Asus i3 laptop with windows 7 (64bit)

try to install it with all kind of drivers (including the new updates)

and after plugging the audio to the USB 2.0 the installation in failed to continue

i really don't what to do...

any ideas?

lady in trouble :(
    chen xx

2. DJfarmerJames

DJfarmerJames New Member

download and install the older 2.0.15 drivers. worked for me

3. Steve Zorilow

Steve Zorilow NI Product Owner

Download and install CCLeaner,uninstall all driver (Audio 2), then run the registry cleaner, reboot, and reinstall the 2.0.15 driver version.

Try without the Audio 2 connected, and make sure you install with Admin privilege (Run as admin).

The installation may end with a error message, but it's a known issue, and it work anyway.

4. Ribbit

Ribbit Forum Member

I am having the same problem.

Brandnew Audio 2 is not recognized on neither Win 7 64bit nor Win XP 32bit.

Tried almost everything from installing manuallay in device manager, cleaning registry and running as admin, new drivers, older drivers, different usb-ports ... nothing worked.

Would appreciate some help,

thanks.

5. Ribbit

Ribbit Forum Member

Never mind. I used the wrong drivers (Audio 2 DJ instead of Traktor Audio 2).

Thanks anyway.

6. Woodenchicken

Woodenchicken New Member

So I wanted to post here about the same problem, but I managed to figure it out. I haven't seen this solution in any of these threads, so I'll post it in case anyone encounters the same issue:

Windows 7 would fail to detect drivers when I plugged TRAKTOR Audio 2 in after installing the software. Everything worked on a WinXP machine, but on my Win7 PC the device would just sit in Device Manager, unidentified and unloved. Turns out, when Win7 was trying to automatically search for drivers for a new USB device, it didn't look in the directory that setup.exe put them into. (Program Files\Native Instruments\Traktor Audio 2 Driver) So unlike what the manual says, you need to do the extra step and make Windows search for drivers in that specific location. Hope that helps! Soundcard owns. Peace!

7. gho999

gho999 New Member

how did you do that extra step to make windows search for drivers in that specific location?

thanks!
    ---
    Can anyone help me with installation of the audio 2 DJ old 2.0.15 drivers. I tried installing it and i get a code 28. and i tried locating the files but there aren't any driver files in there or something. need help! thx.

8. Woodenchicken

Woodenchicken New Member

-Plug the device in
    -Go to Device Manager
    -Find Traktor Audio 2
    -Right-click on it and select "Update drivers..."
    -Instead of automatic search, choose the second option, "Search for drivers on this computer - manual search and installation"
    -On the next page it will let you enter the path to your NI folder.

9. gho999

gho999 New Member

i tried that but it said there was no driver information or whatever in the native instruments traktor audio 2 DJ folder.

10. Woodenchicken

Woodenchicken New Member

hmm... one last thing i can think of... make sure you installed the right driver - "traktor audio 2" and "audio 2 dj" seem to have incompatible drivers, even though they are basically the same device.

also, I have a whole bunch of different NI folders both in Program Files and Program Files (x86) from various NI products, so you could theoretically have selected the wrong one? maybe it will work if you select the entire "Program Files" folder and choose "search in subfolders" or something?

11. gho999

gho999 New Member

wait sooo how do you install the right driver then? when i install the old 2.0.157 ones its the audio 2 DJ one. But i'm pretty sure the right one would be traktor audio 2. don't really know how to make it the 2.0.157 version and have it as traktor audio 2 instead of audio 2 dj.

as for the program files.. mine only goes into the regular program files and i've tried using the sub folder thing too. from juss the audio driver folder to the whole ni folder to the whole program files folder and it still said no driver info was found.

12. Woodenchicken

Woodenchicken New Member

13. tribaljet

tribaljet NI Product Owner

Unfortunately, Audio 2 interface is basically an Audio 2 DJ interface with a different device ID, which blocks Audio 2 DJ drivers from being installed for Audio 2 interfaces. This is most unfortunate, since 2.0.15.7 drivers are the most stable and high performing drivers of all the available versions, both prior and post 2.0.15.7 drivers, up until the latest 3.0.0 version.

About doing a manual install, the folder that needs to be opened is the Inf folder, which contain the necessary files for installing the drivers. Although, this process isn't exactly recommended because it is only installing the driver files, not the software side of the package, which is required for format selection options.

14. viniciuscampos

viniciuscampos New Member

I have the same problem...how to resolve?

15. rhenze74

rhenze74 New Member

anybody have anything on this? i have a traktor 2 as well, tried what woodenchicken said with no success.

16. neodjandre

neodjandre NI Product Owner

same problem here..

Asus 64-bit computer windows 7...

NI please help help us..

17. icb

icb New Member

Gotta love how NI employees are completely ignoring existence of this forum, let alone the people asking for help with their products.

Really gotta think twice if I wanna purchase anything NI. Serato forum owns in every way. Nothing ever goes unnoticed.

18. pasisti

pasisti New Member

In the headline for this sub-forum: "Users help users. Please contact NI tech support for persistent issues."

If a person is having problems with a device, they should always contact the support. It's the same with every company.

19. Serg Bob

Serg Bob New Member

Got the same issue with Audio 10 device. Nothing helps me to make it works in Win7x64.