audio 8 sound card

Discussion in 'General Production Forum' started by drusif, Aug 27, 2020.

1. drusif

drusif NI Product Owner

Hi Guys,

i know this has been posted before but i cant seem to make it work for me. Im using the Audio 8 as a sound card on my mac, but this obviously takes out the volume control on my keyboard.
    ive read that you can use the headphone control on the A8 for output 7/8 but this isnt working for me.
    Ive routed the audio via Audio/midi to channel 7 + 8 which comes out fine but no use of the volume.

Am i missing something? i dont really want to go the soundflower route if i dont have to.

2. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

3. drusif

drusif NI Product Owner

hey D one, thanks for your reply.

i have speaker connected to 7+8 out put via phono leads, i read a couple of post where people said they had made this work.

i think maybe the aggregate device will have to do for now until i can buy a more functional sound card. i have a nano patch as well but that only has 1/4 jack ins and outs.

4. D-One

D-One Moderator Moderator

No problem.
    Well... then buy a RCA to dual 1/4" cable, they are like 7$ or two RCA to 1/4" adaptors and use them on your existing RCA cables, they are like 3$ a pair.
    https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-GPR-101-Adaptors-Black-Pieces/dp/B000068O3S/

5. drusif

drusif NI Product Owner

hahah ah jeez! of course! sometimes you spend so long looking at the hardware you dont see the obvious solution. i have the leads in my draw.

thanks man

• Like Like x 1